test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug - Items Disappearing/Moving On Ships

sgsteihlsgsteihl Member Posts: 35 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have had several mission, and lockbox, purple quality items vanish from my Ships in the past few weeks play sessions. The items first start moving slots, like impulse engines end up in aft weapons slot, and other weapons state that they are equipped on another ship when I have no equipment on any of my other ships. I constantly have to reequip the items, then when I log off, the next time I login they're gone. Many of these were set pieces from missions that I cannot reacquire. I submitted a ticket over 17 days ago and have not received anything but automated replies. It's getting to the point that the game is unplayable and I'm seriously considering raising hell about getting my lifetime membership refunded. The level of support in this game is pathetic. I will note, all of these items are dissappearing off of a Xindi-Aquatic Narcine Dreadnought Carrier that I upgraded to T5-U.
Post edited by sgsteihl on

Comments

• sgsteihlsgsteihl Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Literally just had a partially upgraded Phased Biomatter Mark XII disappear of purple quality.
  • fabinoudu73fabinoudu73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is the same for me, I've just lost my rule 62 combat console that was on my suliban cell ship, when I tried to ready the ship, the console just disappeared and now I can't find it anywhere, I've sent a ticket for LOTS of other items I've lost and they won't give anything back, this is ****ing bull****, patheticryptic.
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Same problem here, Items get switched, removed or replaced. Shields end up in Impulse drive slots, Deflectors, Shields or Impulse gets replaced with other shields/Defl./impulse every time.

I just had 3 different impulse drives equipppd during One mission, i entered Assimilation with the Nukara, as the Mission started i suddenly had the Borg and after i beamed back from the Cube i found the CC drive on my ship.
  • alphaomega000qalphaomega000q Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    http://postimg.org/image/hr83qau5p/b4a24251/

png of my recluse screwed up
    lost an advanced mesh weaver
    edited January 2015
    Either I'm blind, or this bug, confirmed by several other users, has yet to appear on the master list and has no reply by cryptic staff. I'd have to say this is kind of gamebreaking and a deal breaker for me ever spending any more money on STO. I've been eyeing the delta expedition pack for some time, but until my items are returned and this bug is confirmed fixed, I'll spend my time and money elsewhere, and should it not be fixed soon I will be speaking with my bank and the better business bureau about receiving a refund on my lifetime membership. A bug is one thing, and I understand their existence, but to have my tickets ignored for over a month now? Unacceptable. With as much zen and money on packs as I've spent between this and neverwinter, I could probably build my own earth space dock. This is bad business.
  • shrike71shrike71 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Check to see if you have an overflow bag (such as in the screenshots supplied above). I've run into this bug a couple times, and EVERY time, the items I'm missing are in an overflow bag, even if I have tons of inventory space. I've been able to recover from it, by saving a loadout. When stuff moves around after a map change, just load the loadout, and you should be back to normal (think of it like a restore point).
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    http://postimg.org/image/hr83qau5p/b4a24251/

png of my recluse screwed up
    lost an advanced mesh weaver
    your weaver is in a sci slot.

you probably caused this by using loadouts. don't touch them after setting stuff up, the system has been broken like this since its introduction and likely won't be fixed for the next 5+ years. the devs can't seem to find the cause at all despite repeated claims they fixed it.

to fix the reslotting problem:
    1) set your ship the way it should be
    2) save loadout
    3) move one item like console or weapon to another slot
    4) load loadout you just saved
    5) don't touch loadouts at all anymore

that should fix your reslotting items. when you need to change anything on your ship, you have to repeat this, otherwise you'll get hit by this bug again.

loading any loadout after the initial save+load, especially the other one will break the whole thing again.

you'll have to get used to using only one weapon type, or manually change them each time you want to and repeat the fix i wrote above, using the loadout system for anything else will cause more errors like this for you.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • penclrtistpenclrtist Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I actually had something appear... my trade alt somehow acquired a Ferengi Shuttle in the box. I was going to sell it but the odd thing about was it character bound to me. Ferengi shuttles in the box aren't bound. I have never opened lock boxes on that character, never opened a Ferengi lockbox on any character, and to my knowledge I have never purchased any shuttle. No clue where it came from.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    possibly the freebie one. everyone got one of those and i think 25 lobi for using arc some year ago or so.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
    edited January 2015
    shrike71 wrote: »
    Check to see if you have an overflow bag (such as in the screenshots supplied above). I've run into this bug a couple times, and EVERY time, the items I'm missing are in an overflow bag, even if I have tons of inventory space. I've been able to recover from it, by saving a loadout. When stuff moves around after a map change, just load the loadout, and you should be back to normal (think of it like a restore point).

I'll be damned, thank you. The missing mods were in my overflow. Thank you, though the response time of PWE support still has me soured on spending any meaningful money on the game again. 22 days without a response that wasn't an autoresponder. Unacceptable.
  • strife79strife79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This bug is still haunting me and my friend, when you obtain new stuff and you equip it and go into a mission it reverts back to the old stuff EVEN fromout your bank if you put it there or the stuff is simply unequipped. This needs to be fixed. The stuff is still in the inventory so no loss, but if you go into a mission where the ships are already roughly 10 to 13km's away and you didn't notice that the weapon isn't equipped it's annoying that you need to run away far enough so the combat alert goes away so you can equip it. I still don't think this is only Cryptic's fault, but also PWE, due to the fact that they're the ones who uses the license from Cryptic and they need to give the info to cryptic so they can make a bugfix for it.