test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Earnings reports?

Hi, sorry if I've missed any topics regarding this (sick with flu right now) but I've considered the future possibility of making some stories etc on my own if the inspiration hits but also some wityh my fleet contributing ideas. Now I see when I play missions an option to donate dil to the author, when you do this does the author get anything saying how much is from which missions or do they just get it? I would like to use the dil from fleet ideas for stuff to put back into the fleet specifically if/when enough is earned, such as keys as prizes or w/e, while keeping the possible earning from my ideas seperate to reduce confusion. Is this possible with the current set up or would it be better to have another account for fleet use?
Post edited by killer1986chris on

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    unless you watch the review page like a hawk. No.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ok, so then best option is to use a separate account then I take it.
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    First off, no, an author has no control over how much, if any, dilithium a player tips. Second, as tips are capped at 100 dilithium, even the most successful missions (with massive amounts of plays) see more than a trickle of dilithium. If your goal going into making a mission is dilithium, then I'd save yourself the trouble.
    edited January 2015
    First off, no, an author has no control over how much, if any, dilithium a player tips. Second, as tips are capped at 100 dilithium, even the most successful missions (with massive amounts of plays) see more than a trickle of dilithium. If your goal going into making a mission is dilithium, then I'd save yourself the trouble.

I've worked in bars I know you can't force tips so that was irrelevant to my questions. I also know how much you can give, my question was simply in regards to does it give a break down of how much came from where.
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think thay8472 answered that one. There's no real way of telling how each individual tips unless you watch the reviews for your mission constantly, and that's if your mission is one that gets something like one play per day. If it's one that gets multiple plays a day, there's no way to see who donates and how much they do.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
    edited January 2015
    djxprime wrote: »
    I think thay8472 answered that one. There's no real way of telling how each individual tips unless you watch the reviews for your mission constantly, and that's if your mission is one that gets something like one play per day. If it's one that gets multiple plays a day, there's no way to see who donates and how much they do.

Yeah I gathered that from them, it's too bad they don't have a better reporting system but I think I will just use a secondary account just to keep fleet inspired away from personal so my fleeties can get rewarded with whatever little comes in from their ideas.
    edited January 2015
    Yeah I gathered that from them, it's too bad they don't have a better reporting system but I think I will just use a secondary account just to keep fleet inspired away from personal so my fleeties can get rewarded with whatever little comes in from their ideas.

You'd be better off just giving them a mirror/Kazon ship.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited January 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    You'd be better off just giving them a mirror/Kazon ship.

You know, I just may do that, thanks :)
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    You can tell how much total in dilithium tips each mission has received.

http://i.imgur.com/zRlMCgR.jpg

And don't knock the Kazon ship. It's awesome.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
    edited January 2015
    drogyn1701 wrote: »

Thanks, that was actually perfect to know. I also have yet to do much with my Kazon, but I've seen in GD that people have defended it as being a bit of a beast considering it's not a main ship from the boxes.
    edited January 2015
    drogyn1701 wrote: »

[COLOR="rgb(0, 191, 255)"]We NEED to have a talk, my friend. [/COLOR]
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!