test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

You know the drill, build time!

eldest13eldest13 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Klingon Discussion
You know the drill, check my build. Make me complely loose faith in my ability to build ships.

Let's go,

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=kdfqibbuild_0

Cheers
Post edited by eldest13 on

Comments

• Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Looks like more of a fun build. What are you wanting to improve upon, specifically?

Going to echo that you should probably have APO and Hazard Emitters.

Mixing THY Omega and DHCs is generally a bad idea - They're opposing principles(Plasma Bolts require keeping distance, DHCs are best at close range). If you want to use THY, I'd suggest the Enhanced Bio-Photon torp. If you want to Torp Spread, opt for a Neutronic or Particle Emission/Gravimetric.

I don't think Aux2Damp is really required(it is nice for escaping pulls though), Advanced Firing Solutions with all those turrets is giving you plenty of turn.

SS.. I feel like it's kind of a waste on a DHC build - You'll probably get better returns from Ionic Turbulence or just an Eject Warp Plasma.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Thanks so far. I'm really only looking to make it more useful. I can bassicly eliminate any enemy that I come across, i just want to improve all of the build
    Should i change weapon types? Should i change to beams.
    That kind of stuff. I have a pretty big budget on the this character so think big.
  • Options
    discloneddiscloned Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Counter Command Multi Energy Relay pushes photon torpedo damage - the omega launcher is plasma, so... you may reconsider that. Also the omega HY torpedos are powerful, but slow and destructible, a problem non existent when fired in spread volleys (a omega spread volley III has to be seen to be believed btw - but of course most the targets will have shields up but they still get a DoT). Still i am pretty sure you wanted to select a Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon Torpedo Launcher (which deals also radiation damage) and not go for cutting beam/omega synergy, right?

As has been pointed out there is no tac team, but hey... even if this is a very integral skill, i always say if you have a good reason to break a rule... by all means, do so. Rules are guidelines and if you know where you are going you need no guide.

What i would do is replacing that torpedo, drop hy torp for tac team, fit a dual beam bank, swap scatter volley for beam overload II, swap cannon rapid fire II for attack pattern omega I and fit a photonic displacer as well as an impulse burst console. I'd drop emergency power to engines because of that and i'd drop engineering team I as well. You are not a tank. Replacing it with... emergency to aux and aux to bat (do you need aux for something?) to boost all other subsystems. That would require relocating emergency power to shields from II to I, but as i said: its not a tank.

Hmm... hmm... hmm... aux to structural replaced to aux to damp... you know you could replace that entire borg/honor guard stuff for a complete set like for example jemmy set and btw then mount protonic polaron weapons alltogehter, also picking up parts from the protonic ordonance set thus getting bonuses from two sets plus the tac consoles and...

*cough*

Okay, okay i am shutting up. Basically i'd totally tear it apart. But that are my preferences, not yours. Remember: just guidelines not rules :)
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,656 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    eldest13 wrote: »
    Thanks so far. I'm really only looking to make it more useful. I can bassicly eliminate any enemy that I come across, i just want to improve all of the build
    Should i change weapon types? Should i change to beams.
    That kind of stuff. I have a pretty big budget on the this character so think big.

If you're talking BIG space bucks I'd do something like this:
    http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=epicqib_5175

[critD]x4 on the fore beams, of course.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Jesus!!! That would be an amazing build to have! But something a bit more achievable in the short term.
  • Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    3 builds so far, and only 1 of them seems to do EPTx abilities correctly, the last one.
    http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=epicqib_5175
    2 or 4 EPTx abilities is optimal. Having 3 means one is a luxury item, and could be changed to something more often used or effective like a heal, or boost of some sort.
    Ok, so an A2B build is an easy way to make a 4 or less tac ability setup work well without it seeming to need 8 DOFFs to get everything on cooldown. It is uaually best with a 3 tac ability setup, though it can be done with four too, but 4 can work without A2B if you have the right DOFFs (expensive) and the right build. A2B is well understood and it works. It's also inexpensive to get the DOFFs for it......

swing over to B'Tran nebula and have your DOFFs run the 7 mission chain. Once completed, you can send your DOFFs on a "support" B'Tran cluster mission that provides technicians on successful completions you can use for A2B. You really want at least 2 purple ones for a simple A2B setup since they do very well. A 3rd one that is blue or purple will make it work best.

If you go A2B, the next hurdle is turn rate. APO1 is good, though it's active only about half of the time.
    The other part is surgical strikes. My parses with JUST surgical strikes using DHCs saw them have nearly the same DPS as without it, and that was without using cannon scatter volley or rapid fire! As for punch, yeh, SS has more punch, but at that lower fire rate. Dual beam banks seemed to fare better with a few more parses having more DPS with SS than without, again without any other modifier.
    So, if you want instant high damage, go for SS. If you are looking for overall DPS, plug in a CRF1 or CSV1 and use the commander engineering/ intel station for some other skill like DEM3 for damage boost, or RSP3 for the "oh TRIBBLE" button thing.

One last thing to touch on, tactical team. It only has about 10 seconds removed from it via A2B. It has another 5 seconds available to be lowered to reach global/ minimum cooldown. Slot 1 blue or purple conn officer that reduces tac team recharge, and you'll be able to run it every 15 seconds.

I hope that helps.....
    Make sure that you cycle tac team, EPTW, EPTS, and both A2Bs any time they are available.