darthkirkdarthkirk Member Posts: 42 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Federation Discussion
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=pointdefnese_0

something ive been toying with the idea of, any advice is welcome
Post edited by darthkirk on

Comments

• ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    I think you're trolling - but if you're not...

An all-turret build has been tried and tested. The damage output for that type of build is 1/2 of any other kind of build, and is insufficient for even PvE mission regardless of your build-type.

So lets back this up - your goal is an exotic damage build.

Drop a GW 3 preferably (with the deflector doff and a GW doff). GW2 is also fine.

The goal would be to push for further damage with TBR circling your opponent.

Ideally you lob in gravimetric torpedoes, while pummeling him with beam arrays. That style of build is very effective for a Vesta.

So get rid of all of the turrets. Burn the build concept from your mind. Never admit to having mentioned it in public.

Fore: 2 Phaser Beam Array + 1 Gravitic Torpedo
    Rear: 2 Phaser Beam Array + a 360 arc phaser array or KCB

Have your commander sci loaded with TBR2, GW3

Use the Universal lt slot for TS1 or HY1 and FAW2

The Consoles:

Ok - the vesta set is very cool, great for survivability. Its flexible for both group heals (Fermion field) and you can carry out ramming attacks with the graviton shield. With GW3, you can turn on the (can't remember its name) shield that turns back a percentage of damage towards the enemy and literally push them from the GW3. Nice combo of damage.

Drop the point defense entirely. It's a nice to have, not a need to have.

Add another phaser console.

As for the multiple exciters... meh. 2 if it's allowed. Any more is wasted space. Throw in an RCS for more mobility.
  • darthkirkdarthkirk Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    im not trolling, i just like thinking out side the box, was making this as a defensive ship with feed back pulse doing most of the damage
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    A buddy in the fleet did something simular to take advantage of the feedback pulse bug where you could send back 250% of the incoming damage.

Thought that bug had been dealt with though...
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wish Turret builds were viable, I love the idea.

They look cool too, it looks like you're doing tons of damage because you just fill the screen with projectiles.

Sadly, there is no way to make such a thing viable. The damage is just way too low.

Shame it can't work, cause I actually think it would be pretty cool if it did.:D
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited December 2014
    e]well im gonna try it, and ill report my findings with my idea
    edited December 2014
    also im plannig this to be more a support/ defensive ship anyways
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    darthkirk wrote: »
    e]well im gonna try it, and ill report my findings with my idea

I wish you luck!

I tried once, just for fun. I took a cruiser and put 8 turrets on it. Did a Patrol Mission that normally takes me about 5 min to complete.. it took almost 25 min. :eek:

I just did it for fun to see how it would work. If I had gone into an STF with that build I'm sure my team would have hated me. :D

I would try one of the ideas westmetals put forth, they're all better options.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited December 2014
    edited January 2015
    she may not be perfect but she does alright
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How.. nostalgic.. I remember trying something like this with the first character I was leveling up.. and then a refined version with a Nebula about a year ago.

There may have been a time several years back when this sort of build was viable, but The Great Science Nerf really ravaged the particle gen returns for Feedback Pulse. It used to be a fairly popular skill in pvp before then.

A(n inverted) Tractor Repulsor build can more or less accomplish everything you could do with this build, better.

Furthermore, if you're running Voth ships, you can do even better with both Aceton Mode(drains energy when hit, can discharge a ParticleGen-boosted shockwave) and Immunity Matrix(immunity to damage/debuffs/subnuke and reflects all energy damage).

If you strongly insist on using this build, I will still suggest switching to beam arrays. They simply do more damage with a better effective range(7~8km instead ~5km) and better coverage(BFAW is 360 degrees, CSV is 90).