test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

veteran rewards

xuelxuel Member Posts: 169 Arc User
Will there be any vet rewards anytime in the near future? Like a vet only t6 ship, or a t5u upgrade token (char bound), ect.
Post edited by xuel on

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Cryptic seems to be adding additional veteran rewards to the current veteran rewards, but it is extremely rare. With STO giving access to all veteran rewards to Lifetime Subscribers and the dismal rewards for being a subscriber, there is no point in doing any veteran reward past 1000 days. The last veteran rewards was added over a year ago when Cryptic removed the Combat EV Suits from the C-Store and gave them to Veterans.

A way for veteran rewards to be useful is the introduction of a Loyalty Store. 3 Loyalty tokens for subscribing for a month and 1 Loyalty token for every 500 Zen transferred to STO. Veteran Rewards could be placed on the Loyalty Store so F2Pers could get access to the current veteran rewards.
  • canthayacanthaya Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I received an 800 day reward, a ship upgrade token; it wasn't much but i suppose that it's better than nothing
  • kriskringle3kriskringle3 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    3 Loyalty tokens for subscribing for a month and 1 Loyalty token for every 500 Zen transferred to STO. Veteran Rewards could be placed on the Loyalty Store so F2Pers could get access to the current veteran rewards.

Won't work. The rewards are for PAYING players, and acquiring Zen through non-pay sources (Surveys) defeats this.

The existing system works. Veterans who pay for months and lifers get benefits, FTP's do not.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They have done several C-Store giveaways over the last two years as a reward for all players, not just subscribers and veterans. Maybe they haven't given away the best stuff, but it's been nice regardless. In fact, if they follow the previous pattern, I'd expect a giveaway in about a month to coincide with the anniversary.
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Has I've said to a similar thread, I don't think that we'll see a VET only T6 vessel but I do think we might see a new VET only T5 ship Trait.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    Won't work. The rewards are for PAYING players, and acquiring Zen through non-pay sources (Surveys) defeats this.

The existing system works. Veterans who pay for months and lifers get benefits, FTP's do not.

You seemed to be mistaken about something. Only Zen that is purchased on someone's account would give Loyalty tokens not buying Zen with dilithium or through surveys. What is different from a player spending $15 for a subscription and a player spending $15 for Zen? Cryptic and PWE both get $15 from someone for an intangible product.

The only way that Cryptic would be negatively affected by this is Lifetime Subscriptions since after a certain point, they have to give away something for nothing.
  • amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    errab wrote: »
    Has I've said to a similar thread, I don't think that we'll see a VET only T6 vessel but I do think we might see a new VET only T5 ship Trait.

These don't exist. ALL ship traits are T6. That's the whole point, to force people to buy new ships.
    starkaos wrote: »
    The only way that Cryptic would be negatively affected by this is Lifetime Subscriptions since after a certain point, they have to give away something for nothing.

Why do you think they left those off from Neverwinter?
    edited December 2014
    amenephis wrote: »
    Why do you think they left those off from Neverwinter?

Because PWE is a F2P company. If STO didn't have Lifetime Subscriptions, then STO would have no subscriptions just like Neverwinter instead of a Freemium game.

The one good thing about PWE is that anyone can play all the content in their games for free. Other MMOs have you paying for content packs or expansions if you are not a subscriber.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have an 800 Day Vet Reward sitting in my shared account bank to use when ready.

It is a T5-U gift box. I think anyone who is 800 days + some should have this too. Check it out. I believe mine just appeared in my bank slot...maybe when I was leveling up my new KDF toon...at Lieutenant level I think is when I received the Reward. I could be wrong!

Important thing here though is yes there is a T5-U FREE Reward for 800 days subbed. I'm getting close to 1500 days subbed so yeah I too would like to see more Vet Rewards.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png