test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Someone help.

carlieth1980carlieth1980 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
Posted this in the butg forum and submitted a ticket to gm which proved useless. HELP PLEASE.

So i think i have an interesting and annoying bug.

It seems no matter which channel i type in whether its zone or local or team or even whispers, no on sees what im typing. But more than that i cannot see anything in zone or local chat in ESD, Winterland or Kronos. Has some chat setting i dont know about activated? Does anyone know whats going on?

Or am i stuck playing an MMO solo?

Sent a ticket to GM's and got the usual bull copy paste of, "we are currently very busy and will look into it as soon as we can"

No possible fixes they could suggest or ways to solve it. I have tried reinstallling the game as well as force verifying. Any other ideas?
Post edited by carlieth1980 on

Comments

• Options
    dcmstechdcmstech Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sounds like you might have a weird thing happen, happened to my account as well try looking on the sto-wiki and look up console commands for chat. I was suffering from not seeing all the chat in zone just from a select few individuals.
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Funny I had what appears to be a similar problem, typed out a message to some team mates hit return - nothing!

The message left my chat and just never appeared in the rest of the chat window, team mates didn't see the message either???
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    geminisierrageminisierra Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've seen something similar....
    the chat window said I was in [TEAM] but when I typed and hit return... nothing... then I recalled what I typed and put /team in front of it... then it worked and kept working... until next time..
  • Options
    carlieth1980carlieth1980 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tried all of the options suggested here and nothing so far. guess i will have to try other thigns if other things actually come up. till then it sucks