test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Too many sales!

dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
All these sales are making me nervous. If I see an OP Borg Cube in the C-Store it'd be time to bail, cause STO is going away after PWE has one more money grab! :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited December 2014
    Nah, this is just "smart business."

Every business (internet or otherwise) seems to be having some sort of year-end push... all for your wallet.

Many stores, in fact, post sales & BOGO events a lot... when it's only a ploy to get customers in the door. In actuality, the items "on sale" are probably selling at their should-be price, but customers are happy because there's a giant SALE sign. I see this in clothing stores a ton.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Fiscal Quarter and Year end in two days. Sales are prevalent at this time to boost the numbers for the year.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sales are good for consumers as long as they can afford to make the purchases.

Sales are good for businesses because they allow them to meet or exceed revenue projections as mentioned above.
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    When I saw this I thought it's desperation or smart business. Cryptic won't tell us the score maybe they are spreading the deals out like Steam and giving us a chance to benefit in case we're not around or to ensure there's something to do throughout. Then again it could be business isn't enough therefore another sale to meet their targets. It's hard to tell but it doesn't feel safe to me.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm surprised they're dropping it on a Monday and didn't do it last Thursday, but whatever. My guess is that part of it is a deliberate attempt to keep the game's various markets from ever entirely stabilizing, keep people from playing The Long Game and instead more impulse buys. Its all psychology at this point.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Lmfao. . . EVERY company which has products and services have sales around this time of year. .

There really isn't any pleasing some people. . . Wasn't there a thread the other day asking where the sale was, now there is one your all shouting DOOM it's the end..
    JtaDmwW.png
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    Lmfao. . . EVERY company which has products and services have sales around this time of year. .

There really isn't any pleasing some people. . . Wasn't there a thread the other day asking where the sale was, now there is one your all shouting DOOM it's the end..
    Yes. And a thread like this was around the last sale.

I would say the loss of the Doom thread makes things worse, but... I think it's independent of that.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It really is a kick in the...you know, to have a sale so quickly after a launch.

I won't be making another purchase off the bat.
  • admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Please, nobody show the OP Steam this time of year... or serveral other times of the year...
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mhall85 wrote: »
    Nah, this is just "smart business."

Every business (internet or otherwise) seems to be having some sort of year-end push... all for your wallet.

Many stores, in fact, post sales & BOGO events a lot... when it's only a ploy to get customers in the door. In actuality, the items "on sale" are probably selling at their should-be price, but customers are happy because there's a giant SALE sign. I see this in clothing stores a ton.

Well, a Borg ship in the C-Store would no be smart business.

In a lockbox... Now that would be smart business... Maybe. One probably has to evaluate if any players would really make good on their threat to leave then...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A sale? At the end of the year? How dare they do such a thing?

To quote a character from one of the other games I play, "Witchcraft, Heresy and Mutation!" :D
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • curmecurme Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Live Global News 1292

China-HBCU Exchange Program Launched
    30 Dec 14 - The Seattle Medium
    The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights:Activision Blizzard, Take-Two Interactive Software, International Game Technology and Perfect World
    08 Dec 14 - PR Newswire Main Feed
    This Online Gaming Company Looks Like a Potential Outperformer
    03 Dec 14 - GuruFocus New Articles
    Perfect World (PWRD) Crumbles: Stock Falls by 6.6% - Tale of the Tape
    03 Dec 14 - Zacks Investment Research - All Commentary Articles
    Perfect World: This Chinese Gaming Company Is Playing With Smart Strategies
    01 Dec 14 - Seeking Alpha All Articles
    Perfect World Entertainment Cites Poor Western Performance on Profit Decline
    27 Nov 14 - AusGamers :: News
    North American Operations Lower Perfect World Entertainment Profits
    26 Nov 14 - GamePolitics
    US operations drag on Perfect World's Q3 performance
    26 Nov 14 - Games Industry News
    Perfect World Announces Third Quarter 2014 Unaudited Financial Results
    25 Nov 14 - PR Newswire - All technology
    Perfect World Announces Recent Business Developments
    25 Nov 14 - PR Newswire: English
    Read more...

http://digitalmedia.strategyeye.com/company/12848/beijing-perfect-world-company

The Chinese Overlords are not happy.