test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unannounced Price Increases

js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Did anyone else notice that the price of certain items in-game has increased?

The captain's re-spec token is now 500 zen instead of 300, for example. The re-name token is now 350 zen instead of 300. Outfit slots... ship slots... character slots..

I'm interested to hear how people are going to explain that these increases are justified when the services they provide to the player cost Cryptic nothing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Free Tibet!
Post edited by js26568 on

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The respec's been 500 as long as I can remember...it's why up until S7, I'd just reroll toons instead of buying the tokens.

Couldn't say on the rename token, only used one and didn't really pay attention to the cost.
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The respec's been 500 as long as I can remember...it's why up until S7, I'd just reroll toons instead of buying the tokens.

Couldn't say on the rename token, only used one and didn't really pay attention to the cost.

I used a respec token a couple of months ago and it was definitely 300 zen at the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • grejvxgrejvx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nope, even on STO_Wiki says 500 Zen, and you can check history of editing, price hasn't changed since 2012.

Only if you maybe bought it for discounted price, but even then I don't remember discounts being more then 20% (price of 400 Zen for Respec Token).
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There was a sale on services not long ago; you probably bought them during then, and now they have gone back up to the original price.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    I used a respec token a couple of months ago and it was definitely 300 zen at the time.

Are you sure that you didn't buy your token while on sale?

500 - 40% does come out to (assuming my math isn't faulty.. .)
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    grejvx wrote: »
    Nope, even on STO_Wiki says 500 Zen, and you can check history of editing, price hasn't changed since 2012.

Only if you maybe bought it for discounted price, but even then I don't remember discounts being more then 20% (price of 400 Zen for Respec Token).

Ok, I'm wrong about that one item. The other increases though.... They weren't announced and there's no possible justification for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Do you have any specifics? There haven't been any price changes recently that I can specifically recall...and I'd generally be one to know this.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I really think you're a bit mistaken. I've used a respect token nearly every season on various toons and they've always been 500. I've been playing since just before F2P.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    There was a Services sale in Recents Months that was unusually long.. Maybe you are comparing the current pricing to Sale pricing and not aware that you are?
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Please keep talking how the big bad devs are tricking poor poor players out of their money.
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    this thread's a perfect example of some people having so much bias and hatred toward cryptic that their deluded minds will even subconsciously make TRIBBLE up that they believe to be true. time to get away from the game op. it's messing with you, and makes every other post you have made on the forum seem like the ramblings of the obsessed.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Don't be too rough on the OP. Obviously, they stepped through a dimensional portal without realizing it where the prices for various C-Store items were less than what they are here. Although, it is surprising that they have missed all the blatantly obvious clues that they are in another reality.
  • solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Are you certain it was a skill respec and not one of the now defunct trait or reputation respec tokens?
    I remember the skill respec cost 500 Zen and the complete bundle (skill, trait, rep respec) cost 900 Zen (cheaper than buying the 3 tokens seperate).
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ok, I'm wrong about that one item. The other increases though.... They weren't announced and there's no possible justification for them.

That's because they only exist in your head.

All those items are the same price they have always been. The entire outrageous conspiracy exists entirely in your imagination.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That's because they only exist in your head.

All those items are the same price they have always been. The entire outrageous conspiracy exists entirely in your imagination.

Most conspiracies can be explained through stupidity.
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Has it come to this now?

As if there wasn't enough to legit complain

People are making up stories to further demonize this game and devs by inventing fake price increases
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Now hold on,

Not everyone complaining on the forum is a bitter troll spreading misinformation hoping gullible people won't bother to do a simple check to confirm there was no stealth price increase.

yeah that sounds like the OP....all he had to do was check..........DISMISSED
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • giveroffacialsgiveroffacials Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

The captain's re-spec token is now 500 zen instead of 300, for example. The re-name token is now 350 zen instead of 300. Outfit slots... ship slots... character slots..

I'm interested to hear how people are going to explain that these increases are justified when the services they provide to the player cost Cryptic nothing.

The services don't cost them any thing, except they have to supply a game, and infrastructure to provide you a reason to buy it. So It's another example of people buying stuff supporting the game.

My question is Since Cryptic had in effect declared war on multi-character players, why would anyone buy new character slots? I have 10 characters and If I was starting over again today I might have three, one from each faction. Why would anyone buy more than a couple of ships per character when it cost6s so much time and/or money to outfit them to a suable level?
    Space the final frontier. These are the voyages of [your name here] on a five year mission to gain one level after the delta rising xp nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grejvxgrejvx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I gave you link to STO Wiki with a reason, and pointed just one item with a reason...

If you didn't bother into looking further on that site and finding information about other items, well, that proves the point, you're just another of those close-minded complainers.

Yes, there are legit things to complain about in this game, but even PWE/Cryptic wouldn't do such sneaky move without notifying players.

Jolan Tru!
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I bought a dozen, or more of those 500 zen retrain tokens. And they were always 500 zen. Its sad I wish they were free I would have alot more tire 5 ships to fly. Now they are UP and trait-less old farts and my priorities are somewhere else.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I really like when a lot of players are treating the OP who made a mistake like sharks treat a piece of meat that fall in the water, and then says the OP is an aggressive troll.

Yes, the OP was wrong. And yes, he was aggressive towards Cryptic.
    Doesn't mean you have to be just as aggressive toward him, and suddenly conclude that he is always wrong, or that everyone that disagree with cryptic are aggressive people.

I mean, really, check your own mistakes before trolling someone else. At least, the sharks needs to eat, and they don't feel superior to anyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    He might mistake it for Reputation-reskill-tokens which where indeed avaiable for 300zen. Since the repskill-revamp they are not useable anymore.
  • cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I do think 500 Zen is a steep price for that service, but if that's what Cryptic wants to charge for that service that is there prerogative. Supply & demand rules.

In all likelihood the OP purchased it during a sale.

A good gesture I think Cryptic does, & should continue like in the past, is whenever there is something altered in-game that affects the decisions we've made with our skill-trees the offering of a free skill repec. Cryptic doesn't have to do that, but it makes sense to do so since they altered the dynamics a bit with all the skills, & again, it's a generous gesture.

I always thought (1) free repec whenever a player achieves max level would be good too since by that time they should be more comfortable & knowledgeable in refining how they want their character.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    woodwhity wrote: »
    He might mistake it for Reputation-reskill-tokens which where indeed avaiable for 300zen. Since the repskill-revamp they are not useable anymore.

oh that's a good point.
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    I really like when a lot of players are treating the OP who made a mistake like sharks treat a piece of meat that fall in the water, and then says the OP is an aggressive troll.

Doesn't mean you have to be just as aggressive toward him, and suddenly conclude that he is always wrong, or that everyone that disagree with cryptic are aggressive people.

I mean, really, check your own mistakes before trolling someone else. At least, the sharks needs to eat, and they don't feel superior to anyone else.
    i know you haters all like to stick together in your own little clique, but the above isn't the case. if the op had a single post about being wrong people'd correct him and go on our way just like they do with hundreds of others, but the op has scores of posts attacking cryptic; which is incredibly easy to do when you consider that cryptic doesn't fight back. this isn't the first such post attacking cryptic the op's made, and so we don't cut him any slack any more; or the other bullies who side with him.
  • admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    erei1 wrote: »

Soooo:

Haters can be agro and express their thoughts.

Others can't.

Riiiiggghttt....
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    stf65 wrote: »
    i know you haters all like to stick together in your own little clique, but the above isn't the case. if the op had a single post about being wrong people'd correct him and go on our way just like they do with hundreds of others, but the op has scores of posts attacking cryptic; which is incredibly easy to do when you consider that cryptic doesn't fight back. this isn't the first such post attacking cryptic the op's made, and so we don't cut him any slack any more; or the other bullies who side with him.
    Soooo:

Haters can be agro and express their thoughts.

Others can't.

Riiiiggghttt....
    I don't think I've ever been aggressive toward someone who is expressing a different opinion. unless this someone is in the extreme, and I might have lost my temper.

And I've already defended people supporting Cryptic, and were aggro by so called "haters". Even if they had a totally different opinion than mine.

Being aggressive at someone because he is aggressive is dumb. No matter what's the argument is all about.

Yes the OP is overly aggressive toward Cryptic. But you can defend them by not being aggressive yourself, and by not say he is an idiot or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Cryptic lovers like kissing TRIBBLE, Cryptic haters love pooping on everything they do.

In the end both groups smell like BS
    GwaoHAD.png