test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

And I thought I saw the worse of the Loadout Bug...

drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
It seems I didn't, until today. So I swapped ships above New Romulus and grabbed some gear to slot just for fun and then transwarped to my Starbase.

Strange things happen in transwarp... check it out.

All I can do is laugh. I haven't even checked to see if I can unequip and fix this yet.

Stay out of my aft arc everyone or my shields will kick your backside. Plus my Impulse Speed should be insane with the entire warp core behind it...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    *slaps a Cryptic Seal of "Quality" on your ship*

*thumbs up*

:D
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've seen this bug while parked at a Starbase too
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Looks fine to me!

(wink)
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just clicked the link to take a look, and for 99cents Photobucket will turn it into a greetings card for you.

Perhaps this could be a new way to report bugs but let Cryptic know that we still love them and think they're awesome. :D
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just clicked the link to take a look, and for 99cents Photobucket will turn it into a greetings card for you.

Perhaps this could be a new way to report bugs but let Cryptic know that we still love them and think they're awesome. :D

That's an interesting idea... :D
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Bahahahaha that's awesome. Does it affect the ship at all?
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Did something similar to me also in ESD orbit when I switched from one ship to another...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    [Fanboy mode /on] That is working as intended. Give Cryptic a break. [Fanboy mode /off]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It seems I didn't, until today. So I swapped ships above New Romulus and grabbed some gear to slot just for fun and then transwarped to my Starbase.

All I can do is laugh. I haven't even checked yet to see if I can unequip and fix this yet.

Stay out of my aft arc everyone or my shields will kick your backside. Plus my Impulse Speed should be insane with the entire warp core behind it...

I had this happen to me the other day, but it was worse. My deflector and impulse engines got moved into my engineering slots, some of my weapons into my tac slots, and so on. Basically, nothing was where it should be.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Bahahahaha that's awesome. Does it affect the ship at all?

The thought to go and test that come to me a few minutes after I rearranged stuff and put it back where it belongs (it's staying... for now). I wished I had thought of it sooner :(
  • Options
    xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    used to be where your tray would be half gutted, you'd go to your ship's screen and select a loadout and it'd do precisely spit.

now, you do this and it restores the tray 10 out of 10 times.

the missing dot in the hole? doesnt even rate as a critical issue, thats more gui related.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited December 2014

All I can do is laugh. I haven't even checked to see if I can unequip and fix this yet.

Romulan captain: "Shields up!"
    Human chief engineer: "Cap'n -- I dinna think the engines can take this anymore!"
    Romulan captain: "Warp 9!"
    Human chief engineer: "The warp core's about to go critical!"
    Romulan captain: "Fire forward weapons!"
    Human chief engineer: "Aye, at least those still work. You'd think the shipyard would know where to correctly install the ship's equipment."
    Vulcan chief scientist: "I believe there is a bug at work here. Recommendation: get a larger fly swatter."
    Human ship's doctor: "And you think just because you have green blood and pointed ears, that'll make it happen."
    Vulcan chief scientist: "Indeed, Doctor. And I took the liberty of storing your TARDIS in Cargo Bay 2."
    Human ship's doctor: "Someone needs to edit the script better than this. I thought this was 'Star Trek', not 'Doctor Who'."
    Vulcan chief scientist: "It is Star Trek Online. You were expecting something more like the original TV series? I must disappoint you, then."
    Human ship's doctor: "I'm getting me some Aldebaran whiskey." (leaves)
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I got that too once, but the second you change maps it goes away...so I wouldn't really call that game breaking as the original loadout bug was.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is not a bug, OP. It's a feature.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    At this point I hope Cryptic just stops adding any new content or events, and go into bug and stability-fix mode for as long as it takes.

Also address the HUD-fps lag, and console-click lag. Defera city bug pales in comparison to those, that to me are game-breaking.

I've even tried a good new graphics card and it made no difference whatsoever, and have yet to test it on a friend's brand new custom built watercooled i7 4 ghz system with 16 gb ram & SSD, with a xfire if we can borrow the other card. Doubt I could convince him to overclock it too, but I bet it will still run on low fps. I'd even sacrifice my SSD for a raid setup out of curiosity on just how poorly optimized some games nowadays can be.

There is no use of new content when such problems seem to be spiraling out of control. How much longer till it all grinds to a halt (pun not intended)?

After flying the pathfinder since it was released, doing nothing different other than leaving spacedock en route to new romulus (or vice versa), my boff stations were empty, and random abilities crept in the tray. Earlier in bug hunt elite, a bug caused a bug to spawn in the first wall that's supposed to come down. After some time of trying everything, we were about to quit when it respawned itself in the center right after we lost one member. Bug report submitted.

So yes, Cryptic, please look into the bugs, as if they even read the forums.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I don't get it? What bug? Looks normal to me. :confused:
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This was what I posted on the 12th of November. I knew it had happened to me too, but I couldn't remember when.
    I just left the mirror event, and back on ESD noticed things in my inventory that should not have been there. Went into my load out and had devices and weapons in console slots and a console in a device slot... it was totally messed up. This was after I'd spent a good 10 mins earlier trying to sort out my messed up tray.

Ticket submitted... for what it's worth. :(

I did manage to sort it. But I had to drag the items from the load out screen to the inventory, and then back to the correct slot. It wouldn't let me just drag from one load out slot to another.

Hope that helps. :)