test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is it the Vadawar and Hyierchy in this game.

age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
edited January 2015 in The Academy
What is with these two races as they seem nothing that was shown in Voyager?The Vodawar are over powered and the Hiearchy sp has cloaking device which they don't have.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Post edited by age03 on

Comments

• orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    age03 wrote: »
    What is with these two races as they seem nothing that was shown in Voyager?The Vodawar are over powered and the Hiearchy sp has cloaking device which they don't have.

think you missed the point of them, for 1 the vaadwar improved their tech threw a alien bug the bug that was on tng season 1.

the other one does have cloaking tech or stealth tech, as it was shown on voyager tinker tenor doctor spy.

alien speices can improve their tech, voyager was on her way out of the delta quadrent whos to say what happend lol lol.
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's been thirty-two years since Voyager's mission ended (as the voice-over so portentously reminds us) and both the Vaadwaur and the Hierarchy have had time to develop. (And the Vaadwaur have had some outside help.)
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Starfleet should have anti cloaking technology.
    Star Trek Gamers
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Starfleet does, check out the nebula and look at it's console.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Starfleet does, check out the nebula and look at it's console.

As an owner of both the T5 Nebula with its console, and the T2 Exeter with it's anti-cloaking torpedo console - I would like to point out these do zip, nada, zilch in most situations where you are dealing with cloaked enemies in single player missions.

Outside of PVP, I've found those consoles to not be worth their space - especially anytime an NPC says you are dealing with a cloaked ship in the early Klingon war missions. Haven't tried them in the Delta Quadrant, but would bet that still remains true.
  • r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Lots of anti-cloaking tech, but sadly in PvE you are generaly dealing with Plot Cloaks rather then Battle Cloaks, completely different kettle of fish there sadly.

Personaly I would prefer if they would use real cloaks instead, but I suspect the NPCs are too stupid to use them correctly.
    edited December 2014
    I would remove it from the Hyierchy.What goos strategies are there for the Vodawar when they use mines or those little things that flash in fron of you?
    Star Trek Gamers
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Get the hell out of range, as quickly as possible. Evasive maneuvers, and full engine power if you need to. Brace for impact can help with mines, but the flashing targeting reticules (which I still can't see as that, but that's besides the point) are a polaron weapon, so BFI won't help you there.

Also, pack science team -- I think you're mistaking jam sensors (I think that's the ability they use -- blue sparklies on you) for cloak.

Please don't ask for nerfs, learn to fight them effectively, adapt your build as needed.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would remove it from the Hyierchy.What goos strategies are there for the Vodawar when they use mines or those little things that flash in fron of you?

Vs the hierarchy To hurt the invisible ship:
    Use beam fire at will
    Drop mines
    Use tractor beam repulsors
    Use eject warp plasma
    Use either or both risia consoles
    Launch fighters
    Use the nimbus pirate distress beacon
    Drop an aceton beacon
    Drop a satellite turret
    Use romulan singularity powers like plasma burst and singularity jump
    Use charged particle burst
    Use emp drone (Intel power)
    Use feedback pulse
    Use the maha raptor's forward cannon
    Use the ddridex singularity cannon

To make it so you can see the ship again:
    Science team
    Intelligence team
    Wait 6 seconds

Vs vaadwar artillery ships:
    Move out of the blue marks
    Evasive maneuvers is best
    Emergency power to engines
    Picard maneuver console
    Romulan singularity jump
    Karfri phase console
    Displacement device from the devidian story arc
    Brace for impact

Vs mines:
    Beam fire at will
    Gravity well
    Tractor beam repulsors
    Both risa consoles
    Emergency power to shields (mines and torps do much less damage to shields)
    Charged particle burst
    Singularity jump
    Plasma burst
    Karfi phase console
    Devidian device from the story arc
    But the absolute best is kinetic magnet (Intel power) on the nearest vaadwar ship.
    edited December 2014
    I don't have this but this is for Fed and KDF.

Picard maneuver console,Both risa consoles
    Star Trek Gamers
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The Hierarchy didn't call it a cloak, but they had stealth technology sufficient to tail Voyager for an extended period of time without detection. What they have in the game isn't cloaking, though, it's an offensive sensor debuff.

As for the Vaadwaur, the entire Delta Rising story arc is figuring out where they got their technology - from disbelief that they have it to begin with, to thinking it's the Iconians, to realizing it isn't the Iconians after all, and finally realizing that it actually was the Iconians all along.
    edited December 2014
    I don't have this but this is for Fed and KDF.

Picard maneuver console,Both risa consoles

The Picard maneuver console is fed only, its from the tier 3 heavy cruiser refit (stargazer class). The wiki doesn't have the console/showing, but what it does is teleport you forward about 5k and give you a damage bonus while leaving an illusion of you in your old location. This will fool mines into hitting the wrong "you" and 5k is far enough to get out of the vaadwar artillery.
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Heavy_Cruiser_Refit

The Risa consoles are from the summer event and are available for all three factions. The corvette console hurts everyone in a cone behind you.
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Risian_Corvette

The cruiser console is a reversed tractor beam repulsors that pulls enemies along behind you and damages them.
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Risian_Luxury_Cruiser

You don't need to see the enemy to use these, just be near them.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Not sure of why there's concern with NPCs in cloaks. Namely because they don't use them unless scripted by the mission, so NPC cloaks and cloak detection is irrelevant.

In PVP, that's a whole different ballgame. Fed / Fed-Roms have some very significant stealth detection advantages that, if built for it, makes flying under cloak a liability for your very survival.
    XzRTofz.gif
    edited December 2014
    Not sure of why there's concern with NPCs in cloaks. Namely because they don't use them unless scripted by the mission, so NPC cloaks and cloak detection is irrelevant.

In PVP, that's a whole different ballgame. Fed / Fed-Roms have some very significant stealth detection advantages that, if built for it, makes flying under cloak a liability for your very survival.

As mentioned in the earlier posts, the hierarchy don't cloak. Like the hirogen they use scramble sensors so they can shoot you and you can't fight back. The OP was asking for help dealing with this tactic and didn't know it was not a cloak.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    While the Hierarchy 'should' have a cloak(their ships did cloak in the show), they kind of simulate it in a janky way with Evade Target Lock. You can counter this with Science Team. As a whole, their faction seems to be a showcase for Intel powers.

The Vaadwaur.. well.. their sudden power jump is explained ingame. There are strategies to deal with them both defensively and offensively. Most of these revolve around increasing your mobility and reducing theirs. Granted, they do get a couple 'TRIBBLE you, player!' abilties that don't have easily accessable counters(primarily anchors and anti-proton sheaths).
    edited January 2015
    szerontzur wrote: »
    While the Hierarchy 'should' have a cloak(their ships did cloak in the show), they kind of simulate it in a janky way with Evade Target Lock. You can counter this with Science Team. As a whole, their faction seems to be a showcase for Intel powers.

The Vaadwaur.. well.. their sudden power jump is explained ingame. There are strategies to deal with them both defensively and offensively. Most of these revolve around increasing your mobility and reducing theirs. Granted, they do get a couple 'TRIBBLE you, player!' abilties that don't have easily accessable counters(primarily anchors and anti-proton sheaths).

The anchor can be shot down, but I find that romulan have the easiest time dealing with it using singularity powers, specifically plasma burst or singularity jump.
    Tractor beam repulsors works great too.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yes, but I was moreso referring to the situation where you'll get locked down by 3-4 scouts with anchor beams while getting Proton Barraged by a half-dozen ships. In those situations, you'll want an ability like a jump(Singularity/Picard Maneuver/Subspace Jump), Rock'n'Roll, or Immunity Matrix - but those aren't escape mechanisms that are immediately available or common across all ships.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm starting to get irritated with the Vaadwaur myself. They are just too overpowered. I shouldn't get torn to shreds that quickly, especially when my only ship powers to survive their attacks are still recharging when they hammer me with them again.

I hardly notice the Hierarchy, though. Their scramble sensors is annoying, true, but it's no different from Hirogen.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As mentioned in the earlier posts, the hierarchy don't cloak. Like the hirogen they use scramble sensors so they can shoot you and you can't fight back. The OP was asking for help dealing with this tactic and didn't know it was not a cloak.

Science Team.

There's also Intel Specialization that gives you a somewhat small chance to negate those placates. Tier 2, IIRC.

Starship Sensor Skill also reduces the effects, and I know the vast majority of players refuse to put any points into those higher tiered Science Skillboxes. So they reap the rewards.
    XzRTofz.gif