• gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Last minute entry from me:

c9kZ1lb.jpg
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • emperormakemperormak Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vdavidson wrote: »
    My duty officer is inspired from DarkerProjects.com audio theater Star Trek: The section 31 Files. And its the only Nova Kron confirmed (so to speak) anywhere in Trek... Also I like his back story about being the only Nova Kron the galaxy knows about and possibly why Guinan was rumored to be from Nova Kron as well.

lkg0qfh.png?1

That's great. I was a huge fan of Star Trek: The Section 31 Files as you might be able to see with my name.
  • blairiodeblairiode Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hard Work from Germany

10881641_10205833205848348_7462098922824585874_n.jpg?oh=7316f0df8302ebfdf4b0d097490e1b3f&oe=5535E24F&__gda__=1426091170_05b4da9b4d57e7881aecdd899c862777

1937481_10205833206568366_3006583018507946146_n.jpg?oh=91f57793d8e37830445260373a21831f&oe=54FA99F4
  • gabytrekgabytrek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Last minute entry!

doff_carmen_002.jpg
    @GabyBee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gethralkin1gethralkin1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Silver Blood mimetic lifeform
    B6Dm7yxCUAA0j2i.png:large
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Congratulations to all of our winners and everyone who submitted their work. There were tons of amazing entries, and I'm extremely proud of everyone. I picked three winners, but little did I know there would be so many great submissions. It was hard to pick three. Next time, I will have to pick far, far more winners. :)

~LaughingTrendy
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Congratulations to all of our winners and everyone who submitted their work. There were tons of amazing entries, and I'm extremely proud of everyone. I picked three winners, but little did I know there would be so many great submissions. It was hard to pick three. Next time, I will have to pick far, far more winners. :)

~LaughingTrendy

Agreed... Next Time there should be like 12 Winners and they should all receive the Ferengi Trendy Doff
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    primar13 wrote: »
    Agreed... Next Time there should be like 12 Winners and they should all receive the Ferengi Trendy Doff
    Yeah, it'd be great if like, 3 winners per faction would be picked! :)
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Jan Darkrider was intrinsically well done. Congratulations.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• idashlaidashla Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Please do a January DOFF Design contest for all us December procrastinators please. I think many of us would like the opportunity to put more time and effort into a good set of DOFF designs. Thank you. :D
    ZNju0ze.jpg
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Congratulations, contest winners. I do hope to see more of these contests in the future. Making doffs was a really fun experience despite my amateur work.

I simply do not think I have the talent or skill to emulate the doff cards in the way some of the contestants did, particularly Jan Darkrider. I have to admit I was kind of jealous how she was able to pull it off so cleanly while I was trying to stop myself from uninstalling my image editor and getting another.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    'Gratz winners. I hope we have more of these. I have several additional doff ideas up my sleeves.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited December 2014

~LaughingTrendy

What you could do next time is to have different categories.

Best Federation
    Best Klingon
    Best Romulan
    Best Alien
    Best Pet
    Best Artificial Intelligence
    and so on

Or you could do it per Department
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm too late for the contest, but heck, I'll sling one up anyways. And btw, no relation. Nope. Nuh-uh.

57d3d1ec7eec57246a0cf4deafb34d0d-d8bu5ph.png
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So, to conclude our Design A Duty Officer contest, I'd like to congratulate everyone who submitted entries - you made this a hard pick for me.

Seriously.

There are many ways to appeal to being a winner, through creativity of wit, or editing skills. I got in yesterday and looked through a bounty of different entries. Some funny, some nostalgic, and some just really cleanly edited. I'm really proud of what you all were able to accomplish.

The next contest I hold will be even cooler.

~LaughingTrendy
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Soooooo... what did they win...? Is it a prize, or will the winner doffs appear in the game at some point?

While at it, all entries were praised for their attention to detail, i.e. used art assets, fonts, and so on. I thought it was not supposed to be the focus on the contest, especially since you've only provided a generic overlay?

Also, "No custom 3D models or textures can be used in this contest" - apparently that does not apply to photoshoping existing assets...? Huh, I'll keep that in mind...

Oh well. Congratulations are in order nevertheless. Personally I still hope that at some point Cryptic will consider either adding player-created doffs into the game, or some kind of brainstorming regarding potential new abilities.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They won the satisfaction of winning.

Such a material world we live in...

There's always profit in notoriety!
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Soooooo... what did they win...? Is it a prize, or will the winner doffs appear in the game at some point?

While at it, all entries were praised for their attention to detail, i.e. used art assets, fonts, and so on. I thought it was not supposed to be the focus on the contest, especially since you've only provided a generic overlay?

Also, "No custom 3D models or textures can be used in this contest" - apparently that does not apply to photoshoping existing assets...? Huh, I'll keep that in mind...

Oh well. Congratulations are in order nevertheless. Personally I still hope that at some point Cryptic will consider either adding player-created doffs into the game, or some kind of brainstorming regarding potential new abilities.
    Actually, I wish I could just make my own doff-roster, with my own names & species, even if it's just using the pre-existing abilities, for making my own RP-theme more complete. That'd be neat. But first, I still want more Liberated Borg boff's who are customisable & there are choices in which department they are in too. :P
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

This discussion has been closed.