test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Customer service

nitewingnycnitewingnyc Member Posts: 90 Arc User
Will we the paying players that spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on this game ever see any kind of real customer service.
Post edited by nitewingnyc on

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The problem is the devs listen to everyone. Therefore, a player that spends thousands of dollars on the game is the same as a player that doesn't spend money on the game.
  • nitewingnycnitewingnyc Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm not speaking about listen to me, I just mean in all other aspects of life if you have an issue there's usually is an outlet for a person to resolve any issue if he or she has paid for a service. I don't really see that happening here. PWE reps don't reply to a ticket in a timely manner and when they do it's some pre scripted response..in my experience at least; it doesn't seem right..
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    for what have you spent thousands of dollars?
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Will we the paying players that spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on this game ever see any kind of real customer service.

you are not spending that kind of money,

you are not a real account,

you wouldn't know customer service even it if it hit you on the head. (seriously, it's not the same as mom making you a meal before school).

Lastly I doubt you know what "real" is in any sense of the word.
    gHF1ABR.jpg
    edited December 2014
    Mania,
    I truly am sorry he/she left you for another person..lol..
    you know that was a lot of hate in that attack, but yes there are lots of players spending real money on this game..
    The point is not what's spent..it is to receive service when something goes wrong..it is missing..
    edited December 2014
    Organicmanfred,
    Personally I own everything there is to buy in the game..I also go through loads of dilithium and keys....I won't go into further detail, but I hope you can see how things can add up.
    My intent for this thread was to see if other players feel as if customer service is lacking in their eyes as well..sorry for not being clear..
    edited December 2014
    for what have you spent thousands of dollars?
    starkaos wrote: »
    The problem is the devs listen to everyone. Therefore, a player that spends thousands of dollars on the game is the same as a player that doesn't spend money on the game.

The perhaps.. If we the players..both f2p and pay to play should form a community board.. Structure our Ideas and suggested resolve to the Devs in a clear and defined way.. FYI smirk ..I'm g
    Really not a fan of that guy..honest I never though I'd see the day I would miss Brandon ..but I do now...
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Customer service in this game is pathetic. No, I think non-existant is closer to the truth. At best you have a pre-generated mail that makes his best to not answer your problem. If you are lucky enough to have an answer.
    But you are sure that everytime your ticket will be closed before you know it, and you'll be threatened to not make another one or you'll be sanctioned for harassment.

I'm still waiting for an answer to a mail I sent about a month ago. Somehow, I don't think I'll ever receive one.
    maina wrote: »
    you are not spending that kind of money,

you are not a real account,

you wouldn't know customer service even it if it hit you on the head. (seriously, it's not the same as mom making you a meal before school).

Lastly I doubt you know what "real" is in any sense of the word.
    Why so much hate ? Do you know the OP, or are you randomly aggressive in the hope it will be true sooner or later ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    Customer service in this game is pathetic. No, I think non-existant is closer to the truth. At best you have a pre-generated mail that makes his best to not answer your problem. If you are lucky enough to have an answer.
    But you are sure that everytime your ticket will be closed before you know it, and you'll be threatened to not make another one or you'll be sanctioned for harassment.

I'm still waiting for an answer to a mail I sent about a month ago. Somehow, I don't think I'll ever receive one.

Why so much hate ? Do you know the OP, or are you randomly aggressive in the hope it will be true sooner or later ?

There has to be someway we the players can get our message across to them.

I'm just now reading the forms and well, it's sad that a lot of people vent and for lack of a better term troll the forms..like the hateful troll...above that made an off topic comment..if a dev were to read it would have to wonder about the type of person writing..and should this person be paid attention to.

I've found some really suggestions on how to make the game play better, but they are buried under pages of trash talking.

We have smirk..one of the worst players in the game, in my humble opinion, he doesn't really address any issues..and also ignores pm's ...so that one closed avenue..

I am snot sure how but hopefully by sending copied post from this thread and showing PWE the educated , paying or F2P players are upset about something they are doing wrong will help us....

I do not plan to send this info to normal channels that just haven't worked in the past, I plan to send an email to every corporate big wheel at both companies to see if I can raise someone's eyebrow..and get some really customer service for all of us..I mean swtor & wow both have it now..so why can't STO....

Thank you for responding..to this thread..
    edited December 2014
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    This isn't really a problem, as any money spent on the game is done so on a 100% voluntary basis. No one is forcing you to spend hundreds on a F2P game, though I'm sure the company is quite happy that you do. Just because I toss in money per month on an otherwise free game doesn't necessarily mean I should get priority.

I'm not asking for special treatment....I am simply asking for customer service...guess English lit wasn't a strong point of yours..lol

And yes ...sorry to break the horrible secret to you..but the pay to play player float the game..or do you think people work for free in this world also?....

So not saying that I wanted special treatment, but now that you brought it up...it's another great idea..thank you

So...Yes I believe paying, sub..lifetimers...and people that spend a lot of money on the game they should definitely get preferential treatment an extra perks that free to play do not have..

I would advise you to think before you respond to anyone's post...think it through..and then read your respond ....look for some flaw in your premise...that can be used against your own opinion or you before posting... Lastly I recommend you take a couple of courses and critical thinking it will help...
  • grabnetningrabnetnin Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thread

:cool:

/10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • howtorhowtor Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't know my experience with the customer service in this game has been over all very positive. Just as an example I had a billing issue on the 24th and had it solved by the 26th, are they perfect no and can be slow at times but they seem to do a good job.

There are things in this game I don't agree with and would love to see changed, but over all the customer service while not perfect is pretty good
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "Customer Service" is just like "Military Intelligence".
    edited December 2014
    howtor wrote: »
    I don't know my experience with the customer service in this game has been over all very positive. Just as an example I had a billing issue on the 24th and had it solved by the 26th, are they perfect no and can be slow at times but they seem to do a good job.

There are things in this game I don't agree with and would love to see changed, but over all the customer service while not perfect is pretty good

Personally I have had issues like.. A lock box ship disappearing from my inventory..after I sent in the information...and time code...and purchase history for the day.. They wrote back and said "this is a known issue" we cannot restore the ship to your inventory at this time but you are being issued a 10 pack of keys" .. Very nice of them to give me 10 keys, but I spend 2k USD...in real money to finally get the ship...

Don't know how you see it but a 10 pack of keys ...did not resolve my issue..when it took $2000 dollars to buy keys to win the ship...

That is just one instance..were the service has failed.....I have had others ..not often but yes it does happen...
    edited December 2014
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    This isn't really a problem, as any money spent on the game is done so on a 100% voluntary basis. No one is forcing you to spend hundreds on a F2P game, though I'm sure the company is quite happy that you do. Just because I toss in money per month on an otherwise free game doesn't necessarily mean I should get priority.

Sorry to say your wrong..if you pay you should have perks and priority service...in all aspects of life except here that is.. If you pay more you get better service...

So your right no one is forcing me or anyone else to spend money but we do and we get to float the game for people to play for free...

So instead of attacking them or me why did you say thank you because we're providing something for other people to use for free...

The only reason the game becomes developed content is released artwork is done engineering is done is because salaries are paid.. And sorry to say a lot of people do enjoy the game for free but instead of getting on the paved to play customers and the people that buy the lockboxes and everything else tried being a little humble and saying thank you because you people make it possible for myself and others to enjoy this game for free...
  • howtorhowtor Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Personally I have had issues like.. A lock box ship disappearing from my inventory..after I sent in the information...and time code...and purchase history for the day.. They wrote back and said "this is a known issue" we cannot restore the ship to your inventory at this time but you are being issued a 10 pack of keys" .. Very nice of them to give me 10 keys, but I spend 2k USD...in real money to finally get the ship...

Don't know how you see it but a 10 pack of keys ...did not resolve my issue..when it took $2000 dollars to buy keys to win the ship...

That is just one instance..were the service has failed.....I have had others ..not often but yes it does happen...

wow can say I have never had an experience like that so I can fully understand your frustration. I guess I have just been lucky when I have had to do them,
  • proteus22proteus22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    real customer service is hard to find anywhere nowadays. i am sure alor of you saw cthe episode recently of sout park where they kept calling customer support and kept getting the exact same guy answering the fone in india and his reply would be no i have no way of helping you but did i do a good job answering your question good bye. a few years ago i bought a bunch of movies from this company and i didnot recieve them after two weeks i called their customer servise it was totally automated saying we will call you back as soon as possible another week went by i contacted ups and gave them a code off a previous package from that company and they gave me the telephone number to that companies shipping clerk. i called and the guy was totally shocked how did you get this number, i told him not to worry about it where was my package sitting in the warehouse i told him toship it overnight immediately or local pd was gonna pay hi,m a visit for credit card fraud my movies arrived very next day. but i ramble. anyway the reason we have very little support is because the guys at cryptic are doing only what parent company letting them and thats all. -
  • lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Yes and no.

They helped with account stolen issues that regained my account but lost all my data. I had to start over with modified user name. Oh well. They tried and I am thankful they were able to help.

They helped with a ZEN issue that didn't work out for me but was resolved and I am happy about that.

They helped with migrating me from a six month subscriber to an LTS when that product went on sale.

They have acknowledge most of my concers about not getting what I paid for, such as the breen ship discount, saying that they know its a problem but can't fix it so YSOL - sorry.

They have all but ignored the false adervistising they fraudulantly promoted regarding Custom Forum Titles. They are unavailable and no solution is pending. So we paid for something that wasn't provided and we are told again, you're SOL.

When I filed a ticket about it, my forum account was frozen for two days. I could not log in or access even my ARC account. I could get into the game but no further. Not sure what that was about.

So I'd say they par well with most customer service departments that I have seen.

Hey, it could be worse, they could be EA Games. In which case - NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT. Just say'n, better what we have than none at all.
    What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I was getting no reply from Customer Service once about a payment issue, so I contested it and they locked down my account and still never replied. They're quick enough to take action if you try to get your money back, but they will NEVER respond when you ask for help.

Scum.
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    The problem is the devs don't listen to everyone. Therefore, a player that spends thousands of dollars on the game is the same as a player that doesn't spend money on the game.

Sorted that...

I've read this thread and I don't understand your vitriol. I can only guess it's because you are so *hurt* over your issue. Possibly English may not be your first language as well.

If you indeed lost a ship, could prove that and it was acknowledged by PWE, then yeah, you should get that back. If Smirk is able to mail ships to people in game for livestream rewards, it should be easy enough for them to generate a ship and send it to you the same way.

As to compensation, getting something out of PWE is a good thing. Depending on what the ship was, they should have given you enough keys to sell to buy the ship from the exchange if they couldn't/wouldn't do the above. That would then give you the choice about what to do.

But should they give you $2k worth of keys or items? Hell no. No one would have any right to ask for that (not saying you have). You may have wanted the ship (was it not cheaper to sell keys/items for ec to buy the ship?) and obviously spent a lot to try and get it, but it's a chance system. There is no guarantees. Someone could have gotten it first try, someone may have gotten it 100 or 1000 boxes after you.

So to equate spending $2k (that says a lot in itself) as the cost of buying a ship as you did, is wrong. Again, I am sorry you lost your ship though.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2014

What kind of customer service do you need.

Not every problem can be solved by CS. In fact, many can't, and the standard reply is "file a bug report" or "it's a known issue". They can't generally muck around in the game database or fix bugs. They can provide support on known issues if there is a known workaround.

I don't often have CS requests, but when I do, they tend to be replied to within 1 or 2 days. They are not always really "helpful" in the sense the problem is gone afterwards. Some problems are just bugs.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • xxivan73xxxxivan73xx Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    and sucess well to me of buying a package and I gave to another thing that had nothing to do with what I wanted and they said they do not their problem and that I had to arrange, I wonder spend money and then have nothing users may not spend more money at worst could leave, away from the game and say, here on the forum I was well Blocked and I have to write on other posts but I wonder what we are doing when the moderators if you contact them not listen to you even boooooo !!!!!!!
  • drazursouthclawdrazursouthclaw Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Couldn't agree more with the OP. There's no incentive to spend actual money on this travesty any longer, especially given the tardiness when it comes to bug fixing and basic customer service.

I would like to point out that NEARLY EVERYWHERE apart from small businesses now has terrible service, it's not like Cryptic are the lone perpetrators there.

Still, my cash stays in my wallet. THAT'S something that Cryptic SHOULD be caring about, at the very least.
    edited December 2014
    Sorted that...

I've read this thread and I don't understand your vitriol. I can only guess it's because you are so *hurt* over your issue. Possibly English may not be your first language as well.

If you indeed lost a ship, could prove that and it was acknowledged by PWE, then yeah, you should get that back. If Smirk is able to mail ships to people in game for livestream rewards, it should be easy enough for them to generate a ship and send it to you the same way.

As to compensation, getting something out of PWE is a good thing. Depending on what the ship was, they should have given you enough keys to sell to buy the ship from the exchange if they couldn't/wouldn't do the above. That would then give you the choice about what to do.

But should they give you $2k worth of keys or items? Hell no. No one would have any right to ask for that (not saying you have). You may have wanted the ship (was it not cheaper to sell keys/items for ec to buy the ship?) and obviously spent a lot to try and get it, but it's a chance system. There is no guarantees. Someone could have gotten it first try, someone may have gotten it 100 or 1000 boxes after you.

So to equate spending $2k (that says a lot in itself) as the cost of buying a ship as you did, is wrong. Again, I am sorry you lost your ship though.

Perhaps you should read my post again; I recommend slowly so you don't get confused..
    I don't and would never expect a community advocate (that's smirks title) to return anything to me...
    The issue was that I didn't get the ship back; I got a 10 pack of keys, that was the resolve to my issue with PWE..
    So since I didn't get the ship back and for my money, what I got was a 10 pack of keys, even if you sell the 10 keys on the exchange it would not equal up to the going rate of the latest ship at the time.
    It was a generic response to an issue, yes they said it was a known issue but to resolve fell short of compensation for the.

It was not about feeling hurt..it was about bad customer service...

I hope this helped to clear things up for you a bit since English comprehension and critical thinking seem to not be your strong points...lol...muahhhh..xoxoxo

Your comment on what I spend it's not my fault I have a pretty good job and. I have to disposable income to spend.. But in closing I just say it's my money my paycheck and I choose to spend some my disposable income here on the game.... So what I spend and where Ernie really isn't any of your concern I just you know felt like writing back to you about it because it's really sad when people don't or can't phantom something like that... Of the people Will cars go snowboarding I boats I choose to spend it on video games and vacations.....the fact you mentioned it; says a lot about you also buddy..lol....hugzzz...
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nitewing, I don't disagree customer service in general doesn't seem to be a priority, but to save yourself some trouble and financial sanity, most any (minus a few exceptions) box ships can be had by selling about 40 keys on the exchange .. (less than 40 bucks with the current sale on) and just buying the ship...
    edited December 2014
    What kind of customer service do you need.

Not every problem can be solved by CS. In fact, many can't, and the standard reply is "file a bug report" or "it's a known issue". They can't generally muck around in the game database or fix bugs. They can provide support on known issues if there is a known workaround.

I don't often have CS requests, but when I do, they tend to be replied to within 1 or 2 days. They are not always really "helpful" in the sense the problem is gone afterwards. Some problems are just bugs.

We'll I am happy for you, your the second person that has had a good experience with customer service to come forward here...and on ventrilo, teams peak and mumble..

I still believe they can do more..I can point out and make an example of swtor...they have a number to call if your a subscriber and your issues are generally resolved in real time...as 1example that I would like to see here...

As for bugs..we'll those are coding issues mainly...and you are right they can't get every bug quickly...but it also should not take months or years to get a fix implemented either...

What I'm looking for is a timely response to issues and a department to take ownership of an issued ticket..get back to the person filling the ticket..and resolve it...

Not that after you file a ticket then you told to file another ticket on the website and then he goes into limbo...
  • geckoisalizardgeckoisalizard Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    STO customer service.. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

*wipes tears* Hooo heeee

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

*gigglesnort*
    edited December 2014
    Nitewing, I don't disagree customer service in general doesn't seem to be a priority, but to save yourself some trouble and financial sanity, most any (minus a few exceptions) box ships can be had by selling about 40 keys on the exchange .. (less than 40 bucks with the current sale on) and just buying the ship...

Funny you say that because that's what I've been doing..lol..but that case I wrote about is just 1 example..

There should be some customer service in the game for the players ...we all spend real cash here so why not get real service?

The funny thing is yes a lot of people still spend, yes people bought the delta pack..but look at the ques..and look around when your flying..or check how many instances of the same map your on...

Less people are logging on..I started this thread in hopes of getting PWE's attention..what I've got was a lot of people that loose the meaning of what being written and write back some really special stuff...lol..toward me no less ..lol..

Thank you for you comment anyway have a great 1 ...
This discussion has been closed.