Install Arc
Options

Playtime in STO Approaching 0%

Comments

• Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    STO is only "farmville" if you make it into it. The only grind is the grind you inflict on yourself.

Good for you, then go play that game rather than talk about it on a forum not related to Elite Dangerous. There have been enough Elite Dangerous fanbois posting about that game that the rest of us know about it now resulting in lots of us are getting sick and tired of that game, are already trying it out, or waiting for a better space simulator game. It is getting to the point where I am surprised it has not been posted on the FCT by the mods since mentioning Elite Dangerous on these forums only cause problems.

then stop replying to them stop reading them ;) also that "grind is only a grind if you make it in to one" can also apply to ED :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    then stop replying to them stop reading them ;)

Then stop posting them in areas where they don't belong. There are at least 2 threads in the Ten Forward section about Elite Dangerous. This part of the forums is strictly about discussing STO not another game.

Seriously, I have to wonder how good Elite Dangerous is if you are busy discussing it here rather than playing Elite Dangerous.
  • Options
    geckoisalizardgeckoisalizard Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Forum PvP is more fun than STO atm.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Then stop posting them in areas where they don't belong. There are at least 2 threads in the Ten Forward section about Elite Dangerous. This part of the forums is strictly about discussing STO not another game.

Seriously, I have to wonder how good Elite Dangerous is if you are busy discussing it here rather than playing Elite Dangerous.

called have a desktop and a laptop sorry i can do both ;) also im not one who brought up ED in this thread i just replied to the one who did you are the one who keeps it going by not letting go ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    called have a desktop and a laptop sorry i can do both ;) also im not one who brought up ED in this thread i just replied to the one who did you are the one who keeps it going by not letting go ;)

My first post I believe was the only one that mentioned ED, as Im playing ED more than sto.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    My first post I believe was the only one that mentioned ED, as Im playing ED more than sto.

my bad then didnt get that far saw one post lmao and had to reply to it you should look me up ingame name is Emperor J.R.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    my bad then didnt get that far saw one post lmao and had to reply to it you should look me up ingame name is Emperor J.R.

I will! I'm Kai Dax in ED.
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    eltatus wrote: »
    OMG! Your post was just so epic!

YEY!!! We all are communist!! HAHAHAHA!!

maybe we just want to play a game without bugs...and when they turn a blind eye to it all these years, and allow people to agro with their steady group of flame and shame tactics, on the people who just wants the game to work. this is why people wanna give up, because they feel like cryptic doesnt care about their customers, they only wanna get as much out of us while people are here (juicer) ...if they want to read nice submissions, go back and read some of the old bug reports when we thought they still liked us...they go back a few years. and i dont know, maybe fix some of em! i myself see nothing wrong with asking em to fix the bugs...i mean if you have no intention of doing so just say so and we'll quit asking and submitting bug reports. but u gotta let us know whats going on up there and stop being so cryptic! its trek...and while nothings perfect, at least bring down some of the smoke by changing the oil once in a while, your engine will last longer and perform better. but if your unable to understand how to fix your game i can lend assistance; the crew of the Kittyprize is at your disposal, my chief engineer cat has a fine bunch of red shirts he can send yourway. they can paw at it and get things running right again, alot quicker then never!!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Elite Dangerous is getting to be a sore topic on these forums due to the number of threads that have been posted about it. It is far too different of a game to be compared to STO due to the difference between it being a sandbox game and STO being about story content.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Elite Dangerous is getting to be a sore topic on these forums due to the number of threads that have been posted about it. It is far too different of a game to be compared to STO due to the difference between it being a sandbox game and STO being about story content.

hides head in shame...i thought elite dangerous was that new difficulty they where adding to sto... =U.U=
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2014
    It used to be that PvP and forum were the only reasons I came back to STO. Now it is just the forum. And the devs nerfed that too. Let's see how long until they completely break the forum as well and wipe out the last bit of fun.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    It used to be that PvP and forum were the only reasons I came back to STO. Now it is just the forum. And the devs nerfed that too. Let's see how long until they completely break the forum as well and wipe out the last bit of fun.

come join us in the Elite Dark Side :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    cromarty1cromarty1 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2014

more I say to that quote

break free of our captors and slay them for we are free
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    come join us in the Elite Dark Side :P

You mean SWTOR?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    You mean SWTOR?

SWTOR is the dark sides TRIBBLE brother who swings a light saber like a moron.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    SWTOR is the dark sides TRIBBLE brother who swings a light saber like a moron.

The dark side is already TRIBBLE. Evil always loses to good even though they are better prepared, more powerful, and have better equipment.
  • Options
    cromarty1cromarty1 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    that is tooo funny

I agree I left battlestar galactica online in august 2013 bsgo is falling however to play sto the feeling of getting a litle dune and have fun with a chance to make a pvp kill fairly vs the best in the game by early summer 2014

then the crafting system update being so expensive even some of the best pvpers left the game no longer able to fight the arms race first and no longer able to keep thare pvp death/ kill ratio
    then even more of that with upgrade system and delta rising and almost limitless pay to win options making it more of a pay the most to win witch is why games like battlestar galactica are falling

every good game must end in some form of pvp to test one self if I cant test my self in pvp fairly because im not playing the spend the most game for sto or enyother and if pay to win turns into pay the most to win thay all can burn in hell if sto does not get out of the microtransaction fad hole it can go to hell aswell
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    cromarty1 wrote: »
    I agree I left battlestar galactica online in august 2013 bsgo is falling however to play sto the feeling of getting a litle dune and have fun with a chance to make a pvp kill fairly vs the best in the game by early summer 2014

then the crafting system update being so expensive even some of the best pvpers left the game no longer able to fight the arms race first and no longer able to keep thare pvp death/ kill ratio
    then even more of that with upgrade system and delta rising and almost limitless pay to win options making it more of a pay the most to win witch is why games like battlestar galactica are falling

every good game must end in some form of pvp to test one self if I cant test my self in pvp fairly because im not playing the spend the most game for sto or enyother and if pay to win turns into pay the most to win thay all can burn in hell if sto does not get out of the microtransaction fad hole it can go to hell aswell

in sto every thing is awesome and the player love it !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Been more than a month since i gave up on this game, after I wrapped up delta rep on my mains it was clear the devs weren't going to undo the horrendous damage they had done to the game in the near term. Now I only log in for 5 minutes to start crafting dailies in hopes the game becomes playable again someday.

It used to be great, very approachable, very skill dependent, very gear reasonable. You could say things like you don't have to spend a dime, you could get anything just by grinding with a straight face. What grind there was, be it the reputation system or trying to cap out dil refinement dailies, had a very solid feeling time/reward ratio. All that was destroyed with DR, aside from the high quality missions and story content, every other facet of the game was utterly ruined.

-suddenly there's this specialization system, with super powerful passives and actives, and the ability to train high end intel skills. All you have to do is run a patrol 1000 times per character, if you want the path of least resistance. This new grind, out of nowhere, with must have rewards, is larger than grinding from scratch the entire reputation system, and 50 times as tedious.

flat out unacceptable, period.

This is not the type of grind STO has, I’ve played it for 4 years, this is some foreign thing that in no way fits the established time/reward ratio ive enjoyed all this time. I will not tolerate a change like this, neither will the DROVES of people who have left because of it.

-upgrade system with gear effectiveness increases putting them somewhere in the range of effectiveness as mk 20-23 would be, while being called mk14. Playing any content in DR with unupgraded gear would be like using mk4-6 level gear in season 9. Without about a billion EC and million dil war chest, and level 15 crafting, you can’t participate in this system without converting hundreds of dollars into game currency. This is doubly awful, because not only does it truly make this game a whales only club, it leaves the game practically unplayable for everyone else with the difficulty changes.

The upgrade system isn't some epic journey to complete, that’s somehow its own reward like it’s a Greek epic or ST: Voyager or something, like a delusional dev tried to damage control explain. it’s a patch that goes live, and a line drawn in the sand between the haves and have nots that get to keep enjoying the game with their mk14 gear, and those that have an insurmountable cost and grind between them, and ever having a 'done' character again. A grind for resources somehow larger than the specialization grind, if that can be believed. If you can’t mk14 most your gear you CAN’T pvp anymore, that option was STOLEN from you. Your mk 12 gear doesn't even work as well as it did, cause all your targets got like 25% to 50% more hull then they used to, and mk14 weapons will kill you faster than ever. Can’t pug any pve other than normal, even though you can’t even get rep system gear without advanced or elite que rewards. They didn't ruin ground as much as space, sort of an intentional exploit they have given players because their game is so broken and mk14 dependent. Though they probably should unbreak the whole game, not use ground as a workaround.

-the difficulty level change is a down right incredible indicator at just how bad the devs are at their jobs. With a straight face, took their placeholder quality jokes they call npcs, and did nothing but crank up by orders of magnitude the hitpoints and base resistance levels, and called it a difficulty increase.

its little more than a scam to incentive you to drop hundreds on upgrades, and a disgusting number of hours doing the same patrols over and over again to max specialization. Only with all that does advanced difficulty seem reasonable, elite is still only doable by DPS dickstrokers overlapping FAW and stacking 10 copies of APB on all their targets. They actually thought pandering to these players vs the 99% that are much more casual was a good idea.

The way they made npcs more difficult has the side effect of devaluing everything but pure DPS even further. The ship types, and the station powers were all designed to fit together in player vs player content, where control, debuff and force multipliers will beat pure deeps every single time. But there is nothing to these placeholder tier npcs, there is nothing to debuff, and there aren't 5 of them to deal with, there's 10 or 20. Single target effects, peaks and valleys spike damage, these are all worthless when all your dealing with is a helpless balls of hitpoints. They have no effective hitpoints beyond their actual hitpoints, or effective damage beyond their base damage. Player ships, 80 to 90% of their effective damage or hitpoints depends entirely on ability cycling, so debuffs interrupting that have devastating effect. This is why the 'difficulty' change is so pathetic, the prototype for doing npcs right has existed in the form of player ships since the game launched. Their own ship and skill system isn't even applicable with the pve content, more than half the skills in the game are only useful in pvp. STO at its core is a competitive pvp game, with nothing but an epic proportion of poorly fitted garbage tier pve bolted onto it, and less than 0 pvp development, its uncanny.

This ineptitude, compounded by the order of magnitude increase of grind and required cost, have brilliantly ruined this game. I didn't even mention the addition of broken intel skills, tier 6 ships that are just an excuse to raise ship prices more than anything, and broken items like the neutroinc torp and iso canon, none of those things help ether. They couldn't have done a better job tanking the game if they tried, this is the SWG NGE debacle all over again, only its probably even worse, and will probably kill this game even faster.
  • Options
    admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    **Steaming piles of hyperbole**

"horrendous damage", "utterly ruined", "doubly awful", "disgusting number"

Are you OK? Do you need a hug?
  • Options
    senselockesenselocke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jjdez wrote: »
    This reads as: From now on I'm going to be a crybaby when I feel others are being crybabies.

Off-topic, but I have to say: Oh my god, your sig is GLORIOUS..
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i dont care about what can be better than the Dev made mission point still stands i did not pay for a lts to play player stuff

also watch vids and playing the game not the same so again dont compare you have fun with you farmvill that is sto i will have fun with my space sim that keep me immersed far more than box hoping in sto

Too bad, all your LTS money was invested into the Foundry. A system that is basically continuing the spirit of Star Trek's "Open Submission" policy, where anyone could pitch a story to the writing team.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Too bad, all your LTS money was invested into the Foundry. A system that is basically continuing the spirit of Star Trek's "Open Submission" policy, where anyone could pitch a story to the writing team.

to bad your game will never be any better than a PWE grind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    demuderdemuder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I find it very telling that the only argument against a post that expresses an opinion in a very well written, concise and descriptive manner is that the "poster is badly in need of a hug".

I guess he is making a fool of himself, huh ?
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

You REALLY must not be paying attention, or are a true shill to think any of that is hyperbole or at all an exaggeration.

I'd settle for having the game back in a playable form that i can recognize, having been playing it for near 5 years now. I shelled out for the delta pack because AT THE TIME the specialization system, the 70% nerf to xp gaining, and the upgrade system did not exist. But alas, they are on a course to double down on their insanity from the looks of things. If your hug comes with a DR pack refund i'll take it, then i could simply wash my hands of this tragedy of a game wile feeling i got my monies worth on everything i bought, up to DR.

But I payed cash for the DR pack. So i shall not stand by and let them get away with this, without calling them on all the TRIBBLE they are pulling.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited December 2014
    Been more than a month since i gave up on this game, after I wrapped up delta rep on my mains it was clear the devs weren't going to undo the horrendous damage they had done to the game in the near term. Now I only log in for 5 minutes to start crafting dailies in hopes the game becomes playable again someday.

It used to be great, very approachable, very skill dependent, very gear reasonable. You could say things like you don't have to spend a dime, you could get anything just by grinding with a straight face. What grind there was, be it the reputation system or trying to cap out dil refinement dailies, had a very solid feeling time/reward ratio. All that was destroyed with DR, aside from the high quality missions and story content, every other facet of the game was utterly ruined.

-suddenly there's this specialization system, with super powerful passives and actives, and the ability to train high end intel skills. All you have to do is run a patrol 1000 times per character, if you want the path of least resistance. This new grind, out of nowhere, with must have rewards, is larger than grinding from scratch the entire reputation system, and 50 times as tedious.

flat out unacceptable, period.

This is not the type of grind STO has, I’ve played it for 4 years, this is some foreign thing that in no way fits the established time/reward ratio ive enjoyed all this time. I will not tolerate a change like this, neither will the DROVES of people who have left because of it.

-upgrade system with gear effectiveness increases putting them somewhere in the range of effectiveness as mk 20-23 would be, while being called mk14. Playing any content in DR with unupgraded gear would be like using mk4-6 level gear in season 9. Without about a billion EC and million dil war chest, and level 15 crafting, you can’t participate in this system without converting hundreds of dollars into game currency. This is doubly awful, because not only does it truly make this game a whales only club, it leaves the game practically unplayable for everyone else with the difficulty changes.

The upgrade system isn't some epic journey to complete, that’s somehow its own reward like it’s a Greek epic or ST: Voyager or something, like a delusional dev tried to damage control explain. it’s a patch that goes live, and a line drawn in the sand between the haves and have nots that get to keep enjoying the game with their mk14 gear, and those that have an insurmountable cost and grind between them, and ever having a 'done' character again. A grind for resources somehow larger than the specialization grind, if that can be believed. If you can’t mk14 most your gear you CAN’T pvp anymore, that option was STOLEN from you. Your mk 12 gear doesn't even work as well as it did, cause all your targets got like 25% to 50% more hull then they used to, and mk14 weapons will kill you faster than ever. Can’t pug any pve other than normal, even though you can’t even get rep system gear without advanced or elite que rewards. They didn't ruin ground as much as space, sort of an intentional exploit they have given players because their game is so broken and mk14 dependent. Though they probably should unbreak the whole game, not use ground as a workaround.

-the difficulty level change is a down right incredible indicator at just how bad the devs are at their jobs. With a straight face, took their placeholder quality jokes they call npcs, and did nothing but crank up by orders of magnitude the hitpoints and base resistance levels, and called it a difficulty increase.

its little more than a scam to incentive you to drop hundreds on upgrades, and a disgusting number of hours doing the same patrols over and over again to max specialization. Only with all that does advanced difficulty seem reasonable, elite is still only doable by DPS dickstrokers overlapping FAW and stacking 10 copies of APB on all their targets. They actually thought pandering to these players vs the 99% that are much more casual was a good idea.

The way they made npcs more difficult has the side effect of devaluing everything but pure DPS even further. The ship types, and the station powers were all designed to fit together in player vs player content, where control, debuff and force multipliers will beat pure deeps every single time. But there is nothing to these placeholder tier npcs, there is nothing to debuff, and there aren't 5 of them to deal with, there's 10 or 20. Single target effects, peaks and valleys spike damage, these are all worthless when all your dealing with is a helpless balls of hitpoints. They have no effective hitpoints beyond their actual hitpoints, or effective damage beyond their base damage. Player ships, 80 to 90% of their effective damage or hitpoints depends entirely on ability cycling, so debuffs interrupting that have devastating effect. This is why the 'difficulty' change is so pathetic, the prototype for doing npcs right has existed in the form of player ships since the game launched. Their own ship and skill system isn't even applicable with the pve content, more than half the skills in the game are only useful in pvp. STO at its core is a competitive pvp game, with nothing but an epic proportion of poorly fitted garbage tier pve bolted onto it, and less than 0 pvp development, its uncanny.

This ineptitude, compounded by the order of magnitude increase of grind and required cost, have brilliantly ruined this game. I didn't even mention the addition of broken intel skills, tier 6 ships that are just an excuse to raise ship prices more than anything, and broken items like the neutroinc torp and iso canon, none of those things help ether. They couldn't have done a better job tanking the game if they tried, this is the SWG NGE debacle all over again, only its probably even worse, and will probably kill this game even faster.

I was going to write up a long post about this issue however everything I wanted to say is in this one

myself and drunk have been on the opposite side of debates many times

But

Not this time
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »

I was going to write up a long post about this issue however everything I wanted to say is in this one

myself and drunk have been on the opposite side of debates many times

But

Not this time

+1

/10chars
This discussion has been closed.