test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are the discounts on the breen ships still broken?

zero2362zero2362 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
I just claimed a different ship on 3 toons but the only one thats getting a discount is the carrier. I thought the problem only existed for ships claimed before this years event. Wasnt this suposed to have been fixed?
343rguu.jpg

Post edited by zero2362 on

Comments

• flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's a known bug (at least between players). Hopefully it'll be fixed before the 15th (of Jan).
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    It's a known bug (at least between players). Hopefully it'll be fixed before the 15th (of Jan).

Devs are aware of it, as a Dev responded to a bug report thread, what they can't figure out is if the new projects is bugged or the old rep event one. One poster stated that they canceled last yr old rep event project and started the new one, and he still got the bug.

Be patient, they will resolve it soon, this happened during the July Risa event with the rep event project as well, and that got fixed. Remember it is the Hollidays and the Devs are celebrating Christmas and New Years like the rest of us.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • geckoisalizardgeckoisalizard Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    heh, what isn't broken in sto?
  • captiancoppscaptiancopps Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Its not a bug, its a feature! Working as intended. =P
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My discount worked fine today on several character for 2 ships (the raider and the carrier).

Probably affecting some people but not everyone. And for once, I'm not concerned. Makes me feel special :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kurgan2001kurgan2001 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The only ship I can't get on discount is the raider. Hopefully it's fixed with next patch.
  • jimbosteinjimbostein Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've only been playing for 6 months, so I've not unlocked a ship in previous years. I ran the race on 4 characters. I unlocked all 3 ships, 1 per character...the carrier is discounted on my other toons but not the raider or cruiser. On the 4th toon (who has 1000 autographs sitting there) it shows the same thing. Carrier discounted but the other 2 aren't.

It's a pity, I really wanted to play with the frigate pets. Fortunately, I unlocked the raider on my romulan (who I was planning on making the carrier his main ship), so even if they don't patch in the fix before the end of the event, at least the right guy will have both the carrier and frigate :(
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jimbostein wrote: »
    I've only been playing for 6 months, so I've not unlocked a ship in previous years. I ran the race on 4 characters. I unlocked all 3 ships, 1 per character...the carrier is discounted on my other toons but not the raider or cruiser. On the 4th toon (who has 1000 autographs sitting there) it shows the same thing. Carrier discounted but the other 2 aren't.

It's a pity, I really wanted to play with the frigate pets. Fortunately, I unlocked the raider on my romulan (who I was planning on making the carrier his main ship), so even if they don't patch in the fix before the end of the event, at least the right guy will have both the carrier and frigate :(

Sometimes the projects need to be reset. Slot up a project and cancel it and the discount might work again. The only discount that is known not to work is the Chell Grett discount for those players that got it in the first year it was available.
  • nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I never picked up the Chel Grett until this year. I can only receive it on the guy who ran for 1k pics. The other two are S.O.L. unless/until it gets fixed, 'cause it wants 1k pics from them, too. Starting/cancelling projects does nothing for me. I did get the frigate last year (advanced to t5u long ago), and the carrier this year. One thing I noticed is that the project calls for 1k, but the window only wants 40 on the projects that DO "work properly". I really think that a serious bout of bug squashing is called for one they get back to business after the holdays.