test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Merry Christmas!

pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

It has been a big year for STO. While I have not been around for most of it (having only joined the STO team within the past couple of months), I can look back and see all of the accomplishments and additions to the game and see how much effort everyone from the developers to you players have put in to make STO even better this past year. While we can admit it hasn't always been the smoothest transition, everyone is putting in time and energy to bringing improvements and new wonders to STO.

We have a lot planned for 2015 and STO's 5 year Anniversary is right around the corner. Thank you for all of your support, ideas, feedback, and more!

-Aaron "Adamanteus" Biedma
Post edited by pweadamanteus on

Comments

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    im just hoping some of those planned things dont end up causing a lot of trouble like it has this year.

as for the celebration, dont follow it nor do i care for it, however i will in turn extend seasons greetings.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • hausofmartokhausofmartok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Merry Christmas! Hope you have a great one.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    We have a lot planned for 2015 and STO's 5 year Anniversary is right around the corner. Thank you for all of your support, ideas, feedback, and more!

How many Reps?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • isawesomeisntisawesomeisnt Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2014

It has been a big year for STO. While I have not been around for most of it (having only joined the STO team within the past couple of months), I can look back and see all of the accomplishments and additions to the game and see how much effort everyone from the developers to you players have put in to make STO even better this past year. While we can admit it hasn't always been the smoothest transition, everyone is putting in time and energy to bringing improvements and new wonders to STO.

I hope you have plans for more nerfs, bugs and another new map to grind like Argala...cuz players love it.

Siganture banned solution
    time to nerf url links?
    edited December 2014
    westmetals wrote: »
    I've quite enjoyed this year (although there have been the occasional annoyances, like the couple weeks after DR when the 'rebalanced' NPCs were basically unkillable before being 'rebalanced' again, the period of time where there was no space method available to gain Romulan marks, and the times that 'scheduled' maintenances far exceeded their announced timeslots).

I do hope that in the next year we get more T6 ships, particularly canon ships - not just Fed, though of course those are the majority of ships in canon, but also ships like the Vor'cha or Negh'Var. I am looking quite forward to a T6 Defiant as well.

And maybe an unicorn too? how many canon ships have they launch, new or revamped in the last year, and howmany "cripticstyle" ship has been launched? and if we talk bout klingon... howmany klingon ships has been launched(canon and not canon) in comparison to Fed...or even "minor" races like elachi and Voth? one can dream...
    edited December 2014
    westmetals wrote: »
    I'm honestly not sure that right now you can judge by past performance. Why? Because T1-T5 had been in the game for a long time, and virtually every canon ship (and quite a few non-canon) were already in-game.

However, now we have T6. Many of the ships I'm talking about, there's already art assets in game that can be re-used; they would just have to do the coding for BOFF slots, stats, and starship traits... which although I am sure it isn't easy, probably eliminates the most difficult part of designing a new starship. Or they could go the Pathfinder route; design a new hull but also make the old, canon hull available. (I actually am kinda surprised they didn't do that with the Defiant on the Phantom).

Mus say, i agree with you in that i will like to see that happend, just imo and for the reason that already stated i dont think its going to happen, but then again time will tell and i may be wrong... or not.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Happy Holidays Aaron.

:)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thank you for all of your support, ideas, feedback, and more!

oh your talking bout all the things you ignore :rolleyes:

Bah humbug :mad:
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Happy Crimbo. Eat, drink and be merry.
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Merry Christmas to you, as well. :)

Here's hoping for a great 2015.

Cheers
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    TRIBBLE Christmas.

Festivus for the rest of us!

;)
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Merry Christmas

My good sir, I do believe that you mean Happy Saturnalia. :rolleyes: :P
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Bah! Humbug!
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited December 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »
    How many Reps?

Ugh... The rep menu is gonna need a scroll bar!
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »
    How many Reps?

Reps? I think you mean a new specialization tree every month.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Merry X-mas (or other holiday of your choice) to all the forumites & Devs ! :)

... somebody pass me a box of tissues ... :o
  • stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Please keep us players fully updated often. Communication from Dev's goes a long way.
    As soon as new content is being worked out,please let us know soon what it will be about,so we've something to look forward to.
    To me, DR ended up being abit of a disaster,and was too small in content.
    I hope new content will spread out alot further.
    Use of borg apertures(transwarp gates) would be cool, to different areas of the galaxy including the gamma quadrant.This leading to perhaps new content in dominion space.
    Speaking of which,bring back Odo. Rene oberjonois, and not forgetting Quark or grandson of Quark on DS9.
    Unconfirmed i know, but it would be great to have a new playable race or races, The cardi's and the Dominion themselves.
  • tiro100tiro100 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Happy holidays to you too! I'm having an STO holiday myself (my wife got me the Guardian Cruiser for Christmas.)

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and have a Happy New Year!
    Playing STO on and off since January 2nd, 2011!
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Happy Holidays everyone! :)
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Happy holidays to everyone (even Geko) !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]