test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Winter Event Known Issues - Tides of Ice - Check here for the latest info!

Comments

• Options
    damzelltrilldamzelltrill Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm having issues with the knit hat on my Talaxian. The option for it doesn't show up on her off duty roster. All I have under the head category is the Khan head wrap.

Are Talaxians supposed to be able to wear the hat, or did i waste some ornaments?
    A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
    "Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
  • Options
    admiralodanadmiralodan Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've run the full event from beginning to end a couple of times now (In fact I was sitting waiting at the arc when the event started) and still haven't gotten credit for having participated... Hoping this can get fixed.
    The Costs of Delta Rising Upgrades

My new sig till Cryptic fixes it....
  • Options
    darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nice! I'm glad to see they are addressing the completion requirements for unlocking the Event Store items such as the Warp Cores, now that I've already completed Tide of Ice 60-70 times or more so that I could unlock the Warp Cores on all 5 of my toons! That's just great!! Seems to me that you get a few RP players that don't want to work for anything complaining and now those of us that grind and work for what we get in the game are made to look and feel foolish for dedicating the time and effort to do things the way the Devs initially intended. And do we get rewarded for our hard work and time SPENT in the game. NO! We get the same as the whiners that just want to run around social areas annoying people instead of actually doing something productive and earning what they get. :rolleyes:
    Rant off
  • Options
    iathoriathor Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    After today's patch, Tides of Ice doesn't seem to be completing at all, for anyone. At least everyone is complaining about it in zone chat, and no one responded that they had gotten completion credit since the patch. I'm certainly 0/2 today, and I was getting credit fairly reliably on each attempt yesterday. In one of the two runs today, I got a reward for wave 10, the second attempt there was no reward for wave 10, even though the borg queen was downed in both cases (and I got a number of shots at it in both attempts).

I don't know if this is because more snorg are spawning (seems like 2x-3x more than yesterday) and breaking through to escape all the time now, or if something else is wrong. But what was a fairly easy event yesterday has gotten seemingly impossible today. And I don't think the number of players participating has changed much, just the relative numbers of snow borg.
  • Options
    tk1077tk1077 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No update for Tides of Ice. I'm getting sick and tired of this. :mad:
  • Options
    dhiemmdhiemm Member Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    after the patch the tides of Ice does not work at all now great work guys. :mad:
    DHIEMM.png

Join date July 08
  • Options
    sussprinasussprina Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    SoDo we have to wait another week before they fix Tides of Ice so we get credit for playing through all 10 waves?
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Could you remove the TOI requirement because of "no reward" issue?
  • Options
    captdragonvipercaptdragonviper Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I too noticed the problems after the patch updates, with the reward claims for the Tides of Ice, I played the mission twice from the beginning starting wave 1 to wave 10 and not once get the accolade that I completed the Tide of Ice ten times. I looked at my accolade list to see that I'm still at 8/10 for the mission. I know play the TOI some of the waves I get ornaments for the progress but not getting the completed TOI mark. That is just on one toon, the other toon never got to play the TOI today, even sat here waiting for 90 minutes, played the Fastest on the Ice race and waited rest of the time for TOI of snowball fight and nothing came up.
  • Options
    mecki78mecki78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Items unlocked through completing “Tide of Ice” will now unlock for the entire account.
    This will require only 1 character on an account to unlock all new Winter Event items through completing “Tide of Ice”.
    Players will still need to spend the correct Winter Event currencies for each purchase on each character.
    New Winter Event items which require completion of “Tide of Ice” are now labeled more clearly.

Updated ship discount functionality for the Breen Plesh Brek heavy frigate and Breen Chel Grett warship.

All not functional! GZ!!!
  • Options
    griceneilgriceneil Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just tried tides of ice again still not recognising that I have completed all 10 waves. Was the down time today intending to fix this?
  • Options
    itpalgitpalg Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tides of Ice still not working.

I was there the entire time, from before stage 1 to end of 10 and got nothing.
    ITPaladin.png
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    griceneil wrote: »
    Just tried tides of ice again still not recognising that I have completed all 10 waves. Was the down time today intending to fix this?
    itpalg wrote: »
    Tides of Ice still not working.

I was there the entire time, from before stage 1 to end of 10 and got nothing.

They couldn't fix it, so they just removed the lockouts on the store items until such times as they can actually fix it.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2014
    Did some significant digging with programming assistance and just submitted a patch to restructure how the event handles its rewards. This should go to QA shortly and hopefully we can get it out to see if it works for Holodeck.
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's funny...

I ran ToI early in the morning a couple times on alts, basically by myself since no one else went anymore, and got completion credit, and the accolade. Not sure why/how, but it worked with an empty ToI, even when I didn't beat the queen in time, and didn't get a decisive 'stopped'.

*shrug* :p
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It doesn't give us 1 ec or dilitium extra we only lose items so after 3 weeks Cryptic still haven't fixed it, if it would give us 1 ec or 1 dilitium extra it would have been fixed by a extra patch 3 weeks ago..
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Gingerbread Defense Squad: they seem to do very little damage with their attacks. They also seem to not attack the Snowman Overlord on the lake but they do attack every other snowmen, including the Snorg Queen.
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    after the latest patch the mission seemed more stable. i got rewards for all waves up to 9, only the queen failed to give anything. no wave + final items reward, no credit for finishing, no accolade.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    painfullylargepainfullylarge Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Fleet project for holiday ship display doesn't stay on. It turns off when you leave the station. I'd like to see it remain ON, until manually switched off.
  • Options
    usskinotousskinoto Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I made a run today.
    I can confirm the "Tide of ice complete" now is show as any
    other announcement, only yellow words in the screen.
    Also the accolade got +1.

How to achieve that I don't know, so far my character "hold the
    line" and stop the snowborg in 1 line, not get all 9 waves rewards
    just some.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Fleet project for holiday ship display doesn't stay on. It turns off when you leave the station. I'd like to see it remain ON, until manually switched off.

That is working as intended. Players actually requested it to be that way a long time ago and Cryptic made it so you only see the ornament if you use a console to turn it on. (There were a lot of complaints about it back then.) The funny thing is the patch notes only said they made the change for KDF starbases but it was for Feds also.
  • Options
    thebanjothebanjo Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Knitted Hat still unavailable on my Saurian, but is on my Gorn.
  • Options
    peter1z9peter1z9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    After upgrading the plesh brek on my tac toon, my other toons can no longer get the winter event reputation discount for it. I'm guessing that the system only checks if the player has the unupgraded T5 version on one of their toons...and not the upgraded T5-U version. :mad:
    "Our Bugs are working as intended" - Cryptic
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    peter1z9 wrote: »
    After upgrading the plesh brek on my tac toon, my other toons can no longer get the winter event reputation discount for it. I'm guessing that the system only checks if the player has the unupgraded T5 version on one of their toons...and not the upgraded T5-U version. :mad:

Nothing to do with upgrading it. They seem to have broken the system for everything other than the new carrier now. My toon finished the frigate project today and I didn't get the discount. There is a fix that's been up on tribble to solve it for the last two weeks but no mention of if/when that fix will go live. :(
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    painfullylargepainfullylarge Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Here's what I have confirmed with almost a dozen other people:

For anyone making their FIRST purchase of any Breen ship in the 2014 winter event, the discount will NOT work for the Chell/Raider. It will give a discount for the Carrier. This is demonstrated by the fact that upon purchasing the Carrier, the same toon that made the purchase will IMMEDIATELY have the option to replay that project for only 40 pics.

Conversely, for a toon that JUST bought the Raider/Chell, the option to immediately replay that project for 40 pics does NOT exist--nor does it show up for other toons on the same account.

I purchased all 3 ships for the first time ever on the 28th of December, 2014. 3 Fed toons on 1 account, each getting 1 ship @ 1000 pics each. The Carrier discount immediately applied. The Chell/Raider never shows a discount on any of the toons--regardless of logging in/out. Unfortunately, if I had known this to be the case, I would have opted to buy the Chell/Raider on my primary toon--as I would have at least also been able to purchase the Carrier at a discount--thanks to buying the Carrier on my alt. As it stands, my alts have 2 of the 3 Breen ships...and my primary only has the Carrier.

This defect appears to function regardless of unpacking or not unpacking the ships. I have since upgraded to t5u on both ships--after having tried for initial purchase. I would hope that the code could just be modified to make it so T5U will still grant the discount to alts.

Crossing my fingers on this. I'd really like to get the Breen 3-console set & upgraded Breen Hangar Pets for my Carrier.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This defect appears to function regardless of unpacking or not unpacking the ships. I have since upgraded to t5u on both ships--after having tried for initial purchase. I would hope that the code could just be modified to make it so T5U will still grant the discount to alts.
    While the whole idea about upgrading breaking your discount was a valid thought and worth at least discussing, it seems pretty clear that completing the project is supposed to set some account-wide flag that enables your discount. If upgrading were a problem, then it follows that not unpacking the box should also cause problems, as the proper ship is not in your inventory. Granted, it *could* be coded to also look for the unpacked box.

As of last night I have the Plesh and the Sarr on all my characters, with discounts as appropriate. The Plesh's were all 'bought' at the beginning of this year's winter event, except for my main, who earned it last winter and has been flying it, and one other character with whom I ran the project but never unpacked the raider. Sarrs were all earned last night.

My tac alt should finish the Chell grind on New Year's Eve. I expect the discount for it will still be broken at that point, but we'll see.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    neoatticusneoatticus Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    As the subject says. I've discovered after picking up the Theln Carrier (earlier in the event) and now after getting the Blek Raider, that I get my account-wide discount for the Carrier, but still not for the Raider yet. Even the character that ALREADY has the raider, can't get the discount. PLEASE tell me they are about to fix this, as the event is about to close out in a few days. I'd hate for my other characters to be incapable of using the Carrier Frigates because of some goofy glitch.
    :(
  • Options
    revan232revan232 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I too have been having the problem of my main getting the carrier (with discount) and alts have the frigate/cruiser without the discount. I started playing this year and wanted to actually use the ships and set bonuses, but i can not because of a bug.
    I do like this game and you do not have to play it if you do not.
    ============END COMMUNICATION=============
  • Options
    maddllamamaddllama Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    All my toons have the Cruiser (from last year), and now have the carrier with no problem.

None of my guys can claim the Raider once my main KDF claimed it. If you notice, when you claim the event after loading in the Q pics it sends you a message stating that this is now an account-wide discount for this event ship... something like that. That is where the unlock is supposed to happen, but in my case with the Raider iti s not happening.

Anyhow... would love to have those elite frigates in my hangar bay. Please fix.
    5444373MbVxa.png
    @kmhknight

My campaign: The Madness Plague.
    My quest: Blacklake Gold

My guild: "The Older" Age 30+, Casual