test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet mark bank - for fleets

sevenschasersevenschaser Member Posts: 20 Arc User
I think a fleet bank for fleet marks would be helpful especially for small fleets since there is already an EC and item bank but nothing for fleet marks.

How it could work: It would give fleet members the option to contribute fleet marks to the bank in exchange for fleet credits (standard exchange rate 50:1). To use the fleet marks, members able to select projects would be able to fill the projects with marks from either their own or the fleet banks stockpile. This would not replace the ability to directly contribute to a specific project.

How it could work (option 2): Similar to above but all fleet members would just contribute straight to the bank then fleet members able to select projects would fill with fleet marks from the bank (might be simpler and fast to implement).

Do people like this idea or just totally hate it?
Post edited by sevenschaser on

Comments

• Options
    bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i think we should just have have a "pool" for fleet marks

you can still contribute straight to the project, but if all projects are full, marks go into the pool and auto-fill any new projects that come up later

this way members can still use marks to get FC and marks stop becoming "useless" in larger fleets
  • Options
    crusaders4christcrusaders4christ Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I too am in favor of such a mechanism, but I would take it a step further, the exchange of fleet marks between characters in an account wide fleet mark bank. This way the player with characters both in the KDF faction and Fed faction are able to share marks. It will help in boosting fleet marks for the KDF as the queues in the KDF are dead already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I could see it being a nice way to guarantee there's always fleet credits to be made,rather than needing to wait for a project to open (which in big fleets is like a feeding frenzy as 500 people try to fill a tiny amount of FM's).

It would allow the fleet leaders more flexibility too i suppose as they can look at what needs project and slot them and fill them straight away rather than needing to leave it players who may not agree or want to contribute to the specific projects that are slotted.

However I must strongly object to any suggestion of account unlocks for fleet marks/credits. That request seems to be the buzzword at the moment as people are demanding it for pretty much anything you can think of in game.
    The fleet your toon is in expects you to use that toon to support it, not be off running fleet mark missions and then sending the resources off to some opposing faction fleet just because your KDF toon needs some credits or that fleet is poor.
    It makes no sense in the game universe either, why would KDF allow resources to be sent to help build a Fed starbase or vice-versa?
    If you want to have alts in other fleets you gotta work at them too, that's the nature of having more than one character to play in a game.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    indypenguinindypenguin Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'd have to agree with the concept of a fleet mark bank. That would ensure a supply of fleet marks would be available for projects.

As much as I would like to send my KDF fleet marks to my Fed characters/fleet, I'd agree that the KDF would not allow resources to be sent to help build up Fed fleet and vice-versa.
    Ad astra per aspera

God be between you and harm, and all the empty places we must walk.
  • Options
    olisjolisj Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There is a quick fleet marks project which require just 2000 marks and has 5 minute processing. However it only gives half fleet credits - 1:25. I think its still a good option for fleet marks with all fleet holdings/stock maxed.
  • Options
    sevenschasersevenschaser Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thank you all for your input and I am happy the feedback seems to be positive. Hopefully the DEVs implement this concept soon/in the next update!

@olisj I guess you could always donate your fleet marks to a smaller fleet to get the full 1:50. Only if they made it where you could donate without having to leave your fleet (such as donating at a fleet map terminal but that is another topic).