test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Respec token taken but respec not executed

mrwiggles26mrwiggles26 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I just utilized my lvl55 respec token (granted for being a lifetimer) to alter my skills. The NPC took the token but my skills remained the same. whats the deal #2802622
Post edited by mrwiggles26 on

Comments

• Options
    geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same Problem !

I have a respec token, go through the process, apply, yes spend token, it resets to the way they were and doesn't consume the token.

I had this problem on trible too, http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246971
    And they said it would not happen on holodeck. Well IT IS!
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    If you have not done so, please file a Support Ticket at https://support.arcgames.com/.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    If you have not done so, please file a Support Ticket at https://support.arcgames.com/.

I have done so, thank you.
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i'm getting the same problem. the skills reset back to what i had after i press accept. thankfully the respec token doesn't get used, but without it working it doesn't do much anyway.

i made a video just in case to show it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_qFLuQ65zs
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited October 2014
    Respec tokens are the worst thing ever. Seriously, devs. Get rid of 'em. Respec should be free. It would open up so many options for players who don't want to create and maintain 30 accounts like some of STO's luminaries and wealthy persons about town.

Forcing players to pay, just to rearrange how their character performs, is just... wrong and bad and wronger still.
    I AM WAR.
  • Options
    vectorboomervectorboomer Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am having the same issue. And I am not filing a ticket admin. I will tell you why. I have had two tickets putin for two months. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE. And bothered to answer my ticket. You all hold your hand out as people ( some who send a ton) on this game. But offer next to no ingame support. Spending money of this broken game is like buying a car that only turns left. I can not respec and I have other ingame issues. And what does a bug report do? I mean something have been broke since day one and still broken.
  • Options
    vectorboomervectorboomer Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would like to add anyone from STO reading this post. This skill retrainer bug had been reported by many people testing on tribble. We was blown off or told to recopy our toons. And it was clear the bug report fell on deaf ears.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I posted these two messages in the scheduled maintenance post for tomorrow. It would be nice if a dev would even acknowledge this problem, and its actually a very serious problem that is likely affecting EVERYONE, they just haven't noticed yet. Also, a side effect of this on tribble as no one getting any more specialization points after lv60, I've had one person tell me today its still causing this and they are not getting any, so this is a BIG problem for multiple reasons.

Anything going to be put into known issues that players can't respec skills. I've asked several people too, and they've all said they actually got the congrats admiral, like they leveled at 55, a bit before they actually did, like 5% remaining on bar to level up, but the game thinks you just already did. Which means the xp table per level, or something, is off again. I was told this is why I couldn't use a respec token and reset my skills on tribble, and I'm having the same problem now, can't respec. I suspect this is why.

And it did it again. I just made lv 60, or actually, I didn't, it says I still have 2300 skill points to go to 60, the bar is not full, but I just got the fleet admiral accolade, and am being told to go to ESD to accept my promotion. I thought they freakin fixed this on tribble, weeks ago. This is why I can't respec my skills. I hope you have a solution for this, your solution to it happening on tribble was for people to just recopy their character over, well we can't do that here on holodeck, and I'd like to be able to respec my skills soon.
  • Options
    azntrigboiazntrigboi Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    geekguy79 wrote: »
    I posted these two messages in the scheduled maintenance post for tomorrow. It would be nice if a dev would even acknowledge this problem, and its actually a very serious problem that is likely affecting EVERYONE, they just haven't noticed yet. Also, a side effect of this on tribble as no one getting any more specialization points after lv60, I've had one person tell me today its still causing this and they are not getting any, so this is a BIG problem for multiple reasons.

Anything going to be put into known issues that players can't respec skills. I've asked several people too, and they've all said they actually got the congrats admiral, like they leveled at 55, a bit before they actually did, like 5% remaining on bar to level up, but the game thinks you just already did. Which means the xp table per level, or something, is off again. I was told this is why I couldn't use a respec token and reset my skills on tribble, and I'm having the same problem now, can't respec. I suspect this is why.

And it did it again. I just made lv 60, or actually, I didn't, it says I still have 2300 skill points to go to 60, the bar is not full, but I just got the fleet admiral accolade, and am being told to go to ESD to accept my promotion. I thought they freakin fixed this on tribble, weeks ago. This is why I can't respec my skills. I hope you have a solution for this, your solution to it happening on tribble was for people to just recopy their character over, well we can't do that here on holodeck, and I'd like to be able to respec my skills soon.

I can confirm this is what happened to me as well. I got the accolade and "congrats" before I actually reached the level.

I'm also having issues with respec in that when I go to respec, it starts with no skillpoints allocated whatsoever when it used to start with what I have currently. It also has a weird bug where when I go to put in points by clicking on the bar instead of arrows on some skills, the bar would fill completely and I can't decrease it. Even when I use the up arrow, I still can't decrease it. This happens with even when I only fill up the first column of skills where there shouldn't be any change lockout(one example is the Ground Weapon Proficiency skill). To top things off, I can't even accept at the end once I've spent all the points.
  • Options
    adarandreladarandrel Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I also cannot reswpec on my main I have tried several different trainers. submitted a ticket
  • Options
    cosmicsunwindcosmicsunwind Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would like to add anyone from STO reading this post. This skill retrainer bug had been reported by many people testing on tribble. We was blown off or told to recopy our toons. And it was clear the bug report fell on deaf ears.

I don't know why they bother with Tribble, they never seem to fix bugs that are found on there before pushing the updates live, total waste of time.

They're only making more work for themselves too, because now they're probably going to have to deal with each character individually to fix this skill issue, for example I respecced earlier with my level 55 token, and now my skills are reset to what they were before, but my token is gone, so now support are going to have to give me another token, and do that for everyone else affected by this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Well I'm happy to report that the invalid skills thing everyone got today after the patch, does seem to have fixed it, I guess. I clicked reset skills, wiped em all, and was able to redo em the way I've been trying to for two days anyway. So problem fixed, for me at least.
  • Options
    cosmicsunwindcosmicsunwind Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well I'm happy to report that the invalid skills thing everyone got today after the patch, does seem to have fixed it, I guess. I clicked reset skills, wiped em all, and was able to redo em the way I've been trying to for two days anyway. So problem fixed, for me at least.

but did you have a token? a lot of people in-game are saying if they click reset they aren't able to spec into any skills at all afterwards due to needing a token
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    [Incident: 141016-000556]

Problem worsened for me. I appear to have lost the 2 respecs i had earned for leveling from 50 to 60 and i am unable to use the 'Skills Invalid - Respec' Button.

If i go to a respec skill trainer then i can only spec in the same way as i was previously speced and cannot accept that anyway. My Main is broke. :(

3/12 toons had invalid skills, they were all Romulan

1 were fed, 2 were kdf

1 was unable to successfully respec.

Of the 2 toons i've leveled to 60, 1 has lost their respec tokens, the other has not.
    but did you have a token? a lot of people in-game are saying if they click reset they aren't able to spec into any skills at all afterwards due to needing a token

I had two tokens, they've disapeared, and i can't use the respec button, it just vanishes
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited October 2014

*redacted* problem solved. ill post it.
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    pulserazor wrote: »
    Sorry, but I see no point in submitting a support ticket 2 days after a major content patch concerning a topic that is identified several times on these forums, especially since the ticket I would submit would be #2,532,345 or something.

*signed*

I cant respec.

The point of submitting a ticket? so they can get a handle on how many people are being affected by this problem and prioritize the resolution accordingly.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    lordcuttersladelordcutterslade Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    same issue
    Respec isn't working!
    Fix it!
    [SIGPIC]Everything is awesome![/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    frtizoidfrtizoid Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Somehow I managed to fix my skill point blockage. I can't tell you exactly how I did it but this is what I did do. I am at the Vice Admiral (51) level and my skill points were frozen at the commander level. I had 1000 points but my bridge crew kept accumulating points but not me. On the top right hand the chart, where they have all the ranks, my admiral was in red (not enough points etc.). So I cleared everything and then re-filled all the levels taking time not to completely fill everything back up like I had before. I did this slowly and watched as the chart, itself, would open up new skills. Slowly I then randomly filled the boxes up and watched how the chart would allow me to add points. FINALLY it accepted my token and allowed me to accept my chart. It went something like this Top line all filled up to the captain level only one mark in the admiral level; next line all filled to the commander level (no captain);next four lines all filled through the commander level;seventh line all filled to the Lt commander and only one has in the commander; eighth line all filled to the commander level and the last line all filled Lt commander and five hash marks in the commander box. This, of course, all depends on how many points you have. The POINT being is that I moved my points around and it works. Hope this solved it, but it's ok for now. Good luck.