test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tides of Ice ... Does Not Reward

autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
I just played my 3rd Tides of Ice since the Thursday Patch.

ALL THREE FAILED TO REWARD for downing the Snow Queen.

Even better yet ... although the Tides of Ice Accolate is "supposed to be" Account wide now, I've got a captain with 6/10 and another captain with 8/10 on my account.

It's almost as if the game is congenitally incapable of Remembering Things ... or that Cryptic no longer has the capacity (or inclination?) to exert Code Control over what's happening under the hood.

"Is there a QA in the house? Anybody? Anybody? Beuller? Anybody?"
Post edited by autumnturning on

Comments

• coessecoesse Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've done this event 5 times on one character and 3 times on another character and not a single one has registered!!! :mad::mad:

Seven times i've been there form start to finish and ive just wasted my time....i have been getting the stage rewards been there for every part but not getting the completions.

Come on sort your selves out devs.

Devs have a look and sort this out. We're putting the time in and getting no rewards out. TBH thinking some compensation in giving us all a certain number of completions is begining to look necessary
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It happened to me 2 times last nite, got rewards for wave 10, but no completion rewards.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,670 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hopefully that's what the emergency maintenance is for that's going on right now. The vast majority have not been getting rewards.
  • skyzack65skyzack65 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just completed the "Tides of Ice" event after this mornings repair patch, and now I am getting reward ornaments for each wave. But I am not getting anything for completing the event, and it is not adding to the "Line in The Snow" accolade counter. I was there from before the beginning to after the end. In the first run, the Queen vanished as her counter completed it's count down before she was dead. There were many players in the event. The second time I went through it, we did kill her. There was still no reward, nor did the counter go up.
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It doesn't have to reward any more. You can go buy your cores without it counting 10 times.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
    edited December 2014
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    It doesn't have to reward any more. You can go buy your cores without it counting 10 times.

Ya ... but how will each character get credit for the ACCOLADE. I'm tired of everyone telling me rewards don't matter anymore. I don't care ... I want all my characters to get the ACCOLADE listed under ACCOLADES and none of them are getting credit for the ACCOLADE. And ... you still have to have the ornament rewards to be able to buy the cores and everything else.

SO IT MATTERS GREATLY!
  • k4t3k4t3 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Why? Every time we get something new and it doesn't work 100% correct, but works fine at all (you could get the full accolade in half a day ffs, even though sometimes you didn't get a reward) , ppl are moaning like nutballs and what happens ... oh yeah they try to fix it and it gets worse ...

So thanks to the ones who were moaning and cryptic for not being able to complete the accolade!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    k4t3 wrote: »
    Why? Every time we get something new and it doesn't work 100% correct, but works fine at all (you could get the full accolade in half a day ffs, even though sometimes you didn't get a reward) , ppl are moaning like nutballs and what happens ... oh yeah they try to fix it and it gets worse ...

So thanks to the ones who were moaning and cryptic for not being able to complete the accolade!

Why what? Why would people want to complete the ACCOLADE? I wonder!
  • k4t3k4t3 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    skyzack65 wrote: »
    Why would people want to complete the ACCOLADE? I wonder!

Why not?! ... Why would ppl want to buy costumes or pets for example?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Why does Cryptic keep setting up hoops for Players to jump through that are ON FIRE and break down so easily?

The world may never know ... :rolleyes:
  • labtinnionlabtinnion Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think I may have noticed a pattern here. If you complete Tides of Ice and there are no snowmen left after the snow queen goes down, no one gets a reward. If there are snowmen left to kill, then it rewards after they're gone. I'll have to try it more both ways to see if this pattern holds up, but it seemed to work today.
    STAR TREK ONLINE Our ongoing Mission:
    --> To constantly seek better ships
    --> To acquire and upgrade bigger weapons
    --> To boldly grind what everyone has ground before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • varekraithvarekraith Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    k4t3 wrote: »

Don't blame the players for Cryptic's frak ups, mmmkay?