test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

accountwide unlock request: lock box ships

scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
since they are sooo expewnsive how about accwide unlock here?

what do you guys think?

:mad::mad:This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 3 seconds.:mad::mad:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by scrooge69 on

Comments

• zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    scrooge69 wrote: »

what do you guys think?

:mad::mad:This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 3 seconds.:mad::mad:

Yep I hear you plus you know I would love if one day they would make my account account wide. So that when I want to switch characters I don't have to press anything it will just read my mind and instantly change characters.

41 seconds for me... what to do to pass the time. Okay 15 seconds these seconds take too long and minutes are too long too minutes should only be half a minute at all.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited December 2014

what do you guys think?

This is asking too much.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    read my sig and examine my thoughts on the mess ;)...
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Yeah...no

They make WAY too much money of the gambling for them to do that...and I'm okay with that. The game has to get funded somehow and I'd rather they get it from some of the fringe ships that people may want instead of having zen store ships go up in price to 1000s of dollars to cover the loss of account wide lock box ships.

How many people don't try their luck precisely because they are not account bound? For all we, and Cryptic, know they could be making more if the ships were account wide. However I do think it is too late form them to do this, unless they tried it as an experiment with a future lock box.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    the ship? lol no chance...

what about the trait? say if we have... i dunno.. the eclipse on one character done and the Undine Nicor on another done? could the Undne character get the Eclipse starship trait?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »
    the ship? lol no chance...

what about the trait? say if we have... i dunno.. the eclipse on one character done and the Undine Nicor on another done? could the Undne character get the Eclipse starship trait?

That's already been answered, it is too complicated for them to do. I can't remember the thread, but I am sure someone can link it.
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited December 2014

what do you guys think?

what do you mean with acountwide unlock ? you buy them in boxes so you can tranfer them to any char yu want to fly them. They are not limited to char which unlocked them form box.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yep I hear you plus you know I would love if one day they would make my account account wide. So that when I want to switch characters I don't have to press anything it will just read my mind and instantly change characters.

41 seconds for me... what to do to pass the time. Okay 15 seconds these seconds take too long and minutes are too long too minutes should only be half a minute at all.

no. and this is from someone who has 2 jem carriers, a adapted BC, and a moebius.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited December 2014

what do you guys think?

Yet another whiner. How about this you don't like the way things are QUIT PLAYING NOBODY WILL MISS YOU.
  • zeus#0893 zeus Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The lock box ships are unlocked in the box state. I have lots of them in the box state in my private fleet banks. If you are asking to have the ship, once opened from the box, to be account bound instead of character bound, then that is something different. IMHO I don't think they would ever do that because they do make tons of real money on these. But I would like them to be account bound also.

Zeus
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zeus16nbs wrote: »
    The lock box ships are unlocked in the box state. I have lots of them in the box state in my private fleet banks. If you are asking to have the ship, once opened from the box, to be account bound instead of character bound, then that is something different. IMHO I don't think they would ever do that because they do make tons of real money on these. But I would like them to be account bound also.

Zeus

From the way I read it, he wants the ship to be account bound, like a Zen ship.

ie... If I win a JHAS on character 1, I can claim it on characters 1, 2 and 3. All of my characters would be able to fly it.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would happily use 1000 Zen to re-box and move a Lockbox/Lobi ship to another char on my account.

That is the only possible way it might happen..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    I would happily use 1000 Zen to re-box and move a Lockbox/Lobi ship to another char on my account.

I could almost support that just to be able to move a bug between characters. if i want to fly the Jem carrier, but I'd go broke fast at 1000 zen a pop
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    oldkirkfan wrote: »
    From the way I read it, he wants the ship to be account bound, like a Zen ship.

ie... If I win a JHAS on character 1, I can claim it on characters 1, 2 and 3. All of my characters would be able to fly it.

I think if teyx wanted them to be like c-store ships they will but them to c-store, not to lock boxes.
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Allowing a player to transfer lockbox ships removes a (perceived) need/incentive to open more lock boxes (and a chance for more ships obtained by lock boxes/keys, or obtaining more Lobi via lock boxes/keys to purchase via Lobi Store). That is a profit-loss for Cryptic/PWE.

Meaning: I don't see Cryptic/PWE allowing re-boxing of ships for account-wide transfer any time soon.

Even if it is a good idea.

But I'll cast my vote for such a new function/feature to be added to the game. Maybe for Lifetime subscribers (LTS)? ;)
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    reclaim-function on a toon once unlocked a ship (fleet-, lockbox and lobi ones) would be start imo... even more after they locked out any t5-version for further progression :mad:
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think no else you will pay $10 for a single key instead of a pack of them.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Yet another whiner. How about this you don't like the way things are QUIT PLAYING NOBODY WILL MISS YOU.

Yeah, they will considering how many other seem to have quit.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • crusaders4christcrusaders4christ Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't think Cryptic will go for the whole account wide unlock of lock box vessels, it will work against their favor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited December 2014

thats your way of life? if someth is not like you want it you commit suicide/quit/give up?

sorry if im more the guy who tries to CHANGE soemthing

if that bothers you, YOU feel free to quit forums or not paly with me/ not read my posts

I dont care
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tucana66 wrote: »
    Allowing a player to transfer lockbox ships removes a (perceived) need/incentive to open more lock boxes (and a chance for more ships obtained by lock boxes/keys, or obtaining more Lobi via lock boxes/keys to purchase via Lobi Store). That is a profit-loss for Cryptic/PWE.

Meaning: I don't see Cryptic/PWE allowing re-boxing of ships for account-wide transfer any time soon.

let me put it another way
    if I had my lockboxships on multiple toons Id spend resources to EQ and outfit them
    = more profit and playtime
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Unfortunately Cryptic's methods are about making Ferengi look like non profit people with all their schemes for cash grabbing. This would take them in the opposite direction by doing something that would benefit the player instead of themselves. Can't have that.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited December 2014

i also agree that a re-box function for zen would be good to have
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I like this idea. It's a good balance.

No way they'll ever make it that when you win a lockbox ship, it's an instant account-wide unlock. I can see, and am ok with, their business model of making money off the lockbox lottery.

But having an option where I can pay some ZEN to re-box the ship would be great. I'd actually love to see that, when I've won or bought the ship on one character, there's a C-Store option to buy the ship as account-wide. Still a good way to monetize it.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Thats harsh.
    I dont see his question as whinning. It's a request.
    (Maybe not the wisest of requests, but I see no whinning here..)

On the other hand, I see your response as whinny and disgruntled.
    You must be a very angry and sad person, to blow up like that, at another player's simple request.

Overreact much ?
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would not mind seeing it happen, but it won't, so why bother going on about it?
    The new paradigm at STO is
    1) make t6 ships to sell
    2) put the wrong trait on them so players will want 2-3 t6 ships just for the trait

and box ships are going to play into that. Wait for it... there will be another t6 ship box soon... and it will have a must-have trait to "encourage" people to buy it. The trait will not be well suited for the ship it comes on. You can almost guarantee that.