test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My account was TRIBBLE!

vexashenvexashen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
My account was TRIBBLE 2 days ago and I have yet to get any comment from customer service. They took all my ec, and spent my dill and zen, on keys I assume. They also cleaned out both of the fleet banks that I am an officer in. Im just wondering if theres any recourse here?
The ORIGINAL SERIES VETERANS www.Tosfleet.com
[SIGPIC]http://file3.guildlaunch.net/205090/DVhexishensig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Cruisers with mk x common in infected elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q82PqoFFxjc
Cruisers with good gear in infected elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMnFljZD9m8
Soloing Infected Elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaEFICFx4E8&feature=youtu.be
Post edited by vexashen on

Comments

• robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You will have to wait to hear from customer service. It is kinda odd that you got TRIBBLE since it would also mean that your email address was TRIBBLE too.

The only way for that to remotely happen these days is if the email and pwe account had the same password and you sign up on another site using the same email and password that a hacker controlled.

Or they used your computer to do it and you left teamveiwer and the game running because they would need access to your email address otherwise to run a new client or access to your email to reset the password.

Eitherway you will want to change some of that in the mean time.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    robdmc wrote: »
    The only way for that to remotely happen these days is if the email and pwe account had the same password and you sign up on another site using the same email and password that a hacker controlled.

Not exactly true... There was a 'incident' last year where a key-logging malicious banner ad made it onto the STO Wiki site, and starting harvesting passwords from players who logged into STO while looking at a Wiki page...
    edited December 2014
    Not exactly true... There was a 'incident' last year where a key-logging malicious banner ad made it onto the STO Wiki site, and starting harvesting passwords from players who logged into STO while looking at a Wiki page...

Ok so they now have your sto password. they log in and account guard sends a one time code to their email to verify that that computer can log in. They still need access to the email account.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ok so they now have your sto password. they log in and account guard sends a one time code to their email to verify that that computer can log in. They still need access to the email account.

That's only if they set up the account guard in Arc. Some around here still use the old launcher, in which case no one would need their email to get into their STO account.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited December 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    That's only if they set up the account guard in Arc. Some around here still use the old launcher, in which case no one would need their email to get into their STO account.

The old launcher still uses account guard. I get asked and I don't use arc or steam.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The old launcher still uses account guard. I get asked and I don't use arc or steam.

Interesting. I don't remember ever having it ask me until I manually set it up.

In any case it looks like it's time for the OP to change all their passwords and run some scans. Maybe they really did get into their email.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited December 2014
    only thing I'm not sure about is the security requirements to change an email address on an account Since Logging into this site does not require account guard.

That being said they might want to double check that.
  • olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited December 2014
    some guy was TRIBBLE about ... 3-4 weeks ago

his thread is in bugs I believe

I'd suggest tracking that down, the thread, for more info

he did get some kind of rollback
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm an officer of the fleet Vex is in and can verify that this happened. We even have logs from the two fleets that show when the bank was hit.

I hope this can be rectified soon as both fleet have no EC with which to help out members. The game needs to have more comprehensive logs to be able to track things like your Zen purchases that are visible to the players and not just CS.

Anyway, I hope Vex gets some satisfaction here and we get our fleet's stuff back.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • darthjefdarthjef Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am hoping that Cryptic can at least send a response to my fleetmate regarding this issue. It is very upsetting for our fleet because they cleaned out both our Fed and Klingon fleet banks of ec.
    We have all contributed to the game, and what has happened to him is basically theft regardless of the "virtual" nature of this. A response from them is at least an attempt at customer service, especial for a player who has continued to support this game monetarily since 2010.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Cryptic might roll back the toon, but as for the fleet stuff, yeah that's gone
    GwaoHAD.png
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,903 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lan451 wrote: »

and account guard works with steam. I've logged into my buddies account to doublecheck his setups, and there was no problem logging in.
    sig.jpg
  • jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    and I don't think account guard works with steam

You are correct. At least for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited December 2014
    Here is a simple fix: roll back all of the victims, find the receiver of all of the stolen assets, and perma-ban.
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    some guy was TRIBBLE about ... 3-4 weeks ago

his thread is in bugs I believe

I'd suggest tracking that down, the thread, for more info

he did get some kind of rollback

indeed they did roll back my characters, but it didn't help the situation. You will have to give a statement to pwe CS that you accept and outcome no matter how it is with your account when they roll the chrs back. They rollbacked all my chrs but only 2 were given the items they had prior, the others never were given anything back and were stuck with 0 of everything.

CS didn't even fix our fleet bank which I also noted to them. CS lacks hugely and is the main reason Ive pretty much given up with this game as PWE only cares *from my view* is your $$$$$.

I left SWTOR back in 2012 to focus only on this game.. you know what they did for me when returning, gave me a free expansion and loads of in store credits as a welcome back. Now that's customer service.

To OP good luck with that, I know how you feel mah man. It sucks that it seems to be happening a lot to peoples accounts.. so much for the cryptic guard system they have :rolleyes:
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I hope you do get some sort of resolution... the problem is how do you prove you were TRIBBLE? It's a sticky wicket.

It recently happened to a member of our fleet too... I would strongly suggest everyone in your fleet change passwords asap if they haven't already done so.

Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • norbob76norbob76 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I got TRIBBLE too.. They took all my Dilithium, all my EC and all my Zen.

They missed my Xindi lockbox ship, which was worth more than all they took combined..

But it's strange.. Recently I got a new computer, and when I installed and ran STO, I had to confirm it was me through e-mail. I changed password on my account after the hack, and again was asked to confirm it via e-mail.

There has been no e-mails whatsoever with the hacker logging in from some strange location with a strange computer.

So what's the point of all the security if it doesn't work?

I've already heard back from Support, with lots of questions to confirm my identity. I have heard that they do a rollback of your account. I just hope they get to it fast enough that I don't miss completing the Winter Event... :(
  • vexashenvexashen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Basically the same thing happened to me. They couldnt have gotten into my email because it would require them to have my cellphone. So they clearly bypassed that step of getting my info.
    The ORIGINAL SERIES VETERANS www.Tosfleet.com
    [SIGPIC]http://file3.guildlaunch.net/205090/DVhexishensig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Cruisers with mk x common in infected elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q82PqoFFxjc
    Cruisers with good gear in infected elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMnFljZD9m8
    Soloing Infected Elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaEFICFx4E8&feature=youtu.be
  • speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am disappointed in cryptic that they have not yet responded to my fleet mate on this issue
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
  • ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Accounts don't just get "TRIBBLE", they would need direct access to your e-mail and/or password. Somewhere along the line you have been sloppy with your private information. Its the only logical conclusion.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ironmako wrote: »
    Accounts don't just get "TRIBBLE", they would need direct access to your e-mail and/or password. Somewhere along the line you have been sloppy with your private information. Its the only logical conclusion.

Challenge Accepted! Be careful what you put out there... People can and do get TRIBBLE regardless of how they treat their information. It's just easier if they are careless.

So. Never. Be. Careless... like posting on a message board...

Hope this never happens to you, but if it does, karma's a *****, man.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Due to the fact there is nothing that can be done on the forums about these types of situations, I'm just going to go ahead and close this thread now.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.