test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Plasma advice...

dykerasdykeras Member Posts: 326 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Academy
I'm wanting to use Plasma ship DHC's but a little overwhelmed by all the various different types and hoping someone can give me a few tips... (pve)

I have the Spire Tac consoles for crit chance, so looking for critD.

Maybe Acc/CritD x2 or Dam/critDx2 ?

And which Plasma is recommended?

Fleet?
Romulan ?
Corrosive ?

All advice appreciated :)
Post edited by dykeras on

Comments

• Options
    crappyturbocrappyturbo Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Personally I like the Romulan Reputation ones for two reasons. First you do not need to be in a fleet and two I personally do not like to replay a mission multiple times to get all the equipment I would like. I have not used any fleet weapons so I cannot comment on them.

Almost forgot the Romulan Rep ship weapons also have the Disruptor proc on them.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I use rom plas on my rom there great :)
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Romulan are by far the best, Corrosive are a good second, and Fleet Advanced bringing up the rear of the top three.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Rommy or Corrosive are the only 2 too consider. You want as much ctrd as possible. If go rommy buy crtdx2 and hope for a third on upgrade. If you go the corrosive route [pen] is also a great proc then [acc] and [crth] in that order. dmg would be your last choice.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Either Rom Rep or Corrosive are good for PvE, provided they have the [CrtD] modifier. Corrosive can be very expensive on the Exchange. So be prepared to shell out EC for what you want.

To make them more effective, back them with Embassy Consoles as well as the Spire Consoles. Also, consider getting the Rom Rep Weapons set. The two piece Bonus is worth it.

Finally, acquire as many Superior Romulan Operatives as you can for Boffs. These add significantly to [CrtH] and [CrtD]. Some people have stated a Critical Chance of 30% + is possible. The best I've managed so far is 25%. It should be relatively easy to make Critical Severity go over 100% along with this.

I have seriously considered making a faux Rainbow Failboat by mounting at least one of each type of Plasma weapon. Including the Caustic ones. I've no idea if this will be as effective but awhiles back I had one Elachi weapon mounted along with Nanite Disruptors on one of my Klink ships. It worked okay and I could see the advantages but I had little EC and less Dil to make it perform the way it probably could.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.