test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TIDES OF ICE - fail patch

sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
the patch was supposed to fix the reward issue many people had.. since the patch i have now made it 3 times... all with no reward. each times i was from begin to end. was fighting and moving and waiting in endzone at the end.

this does not work at all now..

sometimes it starts 15 minutes before the full hour. sometimes at the full hour. but 3 runs and no reward with 2 missing is a pain now.

EDIT: i have no problem with the different starting times. i have a prblem that in 2 hours and 4 runs NO REWARD at all was given.
"Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by sophus84at on

Comments

• noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same here, run it twice in a row, and none have rewarded me the final items nor the accolade.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • drsanitydrsanity Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sophus84at wrote: »
    the patch was supposed to fix the reward issue many people had.. since the patch i have now made it 3 times... all with no reward. each times i was from begin to end. was fighting and moving and waiting in endzone at the end.

this does not work at all now..

sometimes it starts 15 minutes before the full hour. sometimes at the full hour. but 3 runs and no reward with 2 missing is a pain now.

Can't speak for the contribution fail element but the 15 minutes and on the hour part are both features, not bugs, if you were implying otherwise. The 45 minute mark event is intentionally random across the various options.
    "The only thing mankind learns from the study of history is that mankind does not learn from the study of history." ~G. Santayana
    edited December 2014
    drsanity wrote: »
    Can't speak for the contribution fail element but the 15 minutes and on the hour part are both features, not bugs, if you were implying otherwise. The 45 minute mark event is intentionally random across the various options.

Doesn't matter whether it's random, fact is that the rewards and accolade aren't rewarded at the end, such running the tides is a waste of our time. :mad:
  • patrokoluspatrokolus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    same for me, had never fails before the patch, today all 3 runs were not counted.
  • sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    okay 4 runs today... i quit for today... cant stand that annoying voice telling me to run to blue lazengde lane....

and of course again NO REWARD 4 times in a rw. i had people in the group saying they were trying it 6 times already since the patch and never got any reward

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    As far as it sometimes starting 15 mins before the hour goes, that is WAI. The X:45 timeslot is supposed to be a random chance of Fast & Flurious, Snowball Fight or Tides of Ice.

I have seen the "On the Hour" ToI mission bug out once. Maybe twice, but that was over a couple dozen times running the mission.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    edited December 2014
    6 times no reward. now....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's in bug reports and they are looking into the matter last I read.
  • byllhelotesbyllhelotes Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I was at the :45 and :00 events, and both times no crdit, put in a tickets both times, nither are showing up so I can follow.
  • thomasp94232thomasp94232 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sometimes it starts 15 minutes before the full hour

More like 12 min before and 3 min after the hour.. because Cryptic can't time.

I've been here since beta
  • synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ok, I had absolutely NO problems pre patch, Now, nope. 2X and both no rewards. Only needed 3 more for ten.

And I have a 2nd account that went 10 times got accolade pre patch, And now with Patch all toons could buy the core without playing TOI.

So.....it's the patch.

(BTW, i didn't want 2 accounts, but left game for a year, couldn't remember password when I came back. Made a rom on a new account to at least see if LOR was worth coming back for, Got hooked again. THEN remembered my old login after my Rom was pretty set up with endgame, Wish I could merge accounts...sigh.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisrobertskrisroberts Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    From what I can make out if the Borg snow queen is killed too fast it bugs the whole thing out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Before the patch, there was an above average tendency of getting no rewards, and no accolade credit, for "Tides of Ice". But the bug was purely random.

Now, post-patch, the problem is far worse. Three runs in a row across two characters, and I didn't get credit toward the accolade, nor did I get the after-mission reward.

The per-wave rewards seem to be working fine, as before.
  • pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey all. We're aware of the issue and have a fix in the works to go out in the morning.

Thanks for your patience!
    edited December 2014
    Must say, if you have unlocked it on one character of your account, it's unlocked for all alts. Tested it and it works. Meaning the access to the items in the store.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey all. We're aware of the issue and have a fix in the works to go out in the morning.

Good to hear (especially the 'not having to wait another week' part).

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Much thanks for the speedy fix. :)
  • wcampbllwcampbll Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    if u simply posted in patch-update thread that a fix is inbound it should shortcut most of the patch rage
    edited December 2014
    when is the ETA for the emergency fix /patch? as no thread gives info about when...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In all honesty, the account wide change was not even needed. All of my captains was able to get the warpcores and all but 2 was able to get the accolade.

I honestly think that most of the players that wanted the change was just complaining because they couldn't be lazy. It took me all of a few days to get all I needed for the cores and a few other stuff as well, meaning jackets, snow weapons, the batleth and lirpas, and other things.

Only things I want to get now are the carrier and the Plesh Brek on all my captains.

But thanks Cryptic for actually listening and doing something that people are actually asking for.

Now if we can get you guys to actually listen about our thoughts on the debacle called Delta Rising, which ALOT of players DO NOT LOVE.
  • uthyeruthyer Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Seems every event I bust my butt to get all my characters through something only to have a patch remove all the effort needed right after because someone cried. Next event I am going to wait 4 days and then when they patch all the work out of it I will start playing it.:(

Even better, just patch the game to give you every thing you want the moment you log in at lvl 1 all the mission accolades, ships, outfits, everything then we can stand around on ESD patting ourselves on the back in zone chat about all the skill we have...oh, no we will need a patch to do that for us;)
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dragnridr wrote: »
    In all honesty, the account wide change was not even needed. All of my captains was able to get the warpcores and all but 2 was able to get the accolade.

I honestly think that most of the players that wanted the change was just complaining because they couldn't be lazy. It took me all of a few days to get all I needed for the cores and a few other stuff as well, meaning jackets, snow weapons, the batleth and lirpas, and other things.

Only things I want to get now are the carrier and the Plesh Brek on all my captains.

But thanks Cryptic for actually listening and doing something that people are actually asking for.

Now if we can get you guys to actually listen about our thoughts on the debacle called Delta Rising, which ALOT of players DO NOT LOVE.

That's a matter of personal opinion. I myself have over 23 characters and had no intention of dragging all of them through the mission 10 times just for a warp core...
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    wilv wrote: »
    That's a matter of personal opinion. I myself have over 23 characters and had no intention of dragging all of them through the mission 10 times just for a warp core...

23 characters?!?! Why so damn many? I have at least 1 of each career for each faction with a second FED science Caitian. I am even thinking of adding just one more. I don't plan on going past that though. Any more than that, and might as well just not go outside and see the world.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Hey, thanks...it's good to see unscheduled maintenance go in the player's favor. :)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • uthyeruthyer Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    wilv wrote: »

:eek:
  • pukentuberpukentuber Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Now all they have to do is fix the chel grett bug like they said, I still can't get it for the 40 pics like I should. Actually expecting them to fix what they say the fixed is a bit much though.
    edited December 2014
    gulberat wrote: »
    Hey, thanks...it's good to see unscheduled maintenance go in the player's favor. :)

Hate to cynical, but I suspect they are hoping people will spend Dil upgrading the rest if the Breen Space Set to match the Mk XII-ness of the shiny new core, and they realized that locking that behind a per-character unlock was nerfing their new Dil Sink.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    edited December 2014
    i did not complain about the account wide thing .... i was complaining that since the patch the tides gave no reward so NO accolade at all.. meaning it could not be completed... read what i was complaining before saying you dont understand why peple wanted the unlock. i didnt want it account wide.. i want it to unlock AT ALL on one char ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    i did not complain about the account wide thing .... i was complaining that since the patch the tides gave no reward so NO accolade at all.. meaning it could not be completed... read what i was complaining before saying you dont understand why peple wanted the unlock. i didnt want it account wide.. i want it to unlock AT ALL on one char ...
    Ok, true. The account unlock was yesterday.

My point still stands: If people can't get credit for ToI, they can't buy the core, and won't be tempted to spend Dil on upgrading the Mk XI Breen Set.