test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tides of Ice

joketsutakajoketsutaka Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
It appears that with the new patch came a new bug. The accolade is not coming up on a fresh character.
Post edited by joketsutaka on

Comments

• jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #2,969,978.

Nor do you get completion reward , only the seperate wave report.

I got reward for 10 waves, but not for the event itself.
  • majosea61majosea61 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Likewise, I have done the 10 tides on 3 of my characters and none of the items are unlocked for my others on the same account.
    :confused: Update: relogged 3 times and finally unlocked
  • kthangkthang Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same as I reported here a short time earlier: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1324901 And yes, only get paid per wave and nothing in the end. No reward, no recognition of finished event.
  • novonovinovonovi Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wrote a bug report along with this -- NO CREDIT and I was there from the end of the :45 mission through (and beyond) the end of wave 10 of the :02 normal TOI. No completion popup and no update in the accolade (had to check to make sure it wasn't just a missing popup). While I don't need this now to finish my vendor purchases, I do want to finish the accolade since I am 6/10 anyway.
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i wasn't able to get any completion message either. no accolade, no completion bonus. it might be related to how individual waves are still buggy and don't register participation even if you stayed on your bridge or wherever and kept shooting snowmen.

i'm guessing unless all 10 register you get no final reward, but since they randomly fail to register it might be even harder than before to get a completion.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2014
    We are investigating the issue. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same here.

10 waves, no final completion. Killed a snowman/men in one lane on each wave. Even got a few good shots in on the queen.

At least I was getting completion messages before the patch.

Now tell me. How can you actually make this worse??? :mad:
    server_hamster6.png
  • doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No success for wave 10
    Qapla'
  • cavetroll001cavetroll001 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same, no reward for killing the Queen and didn't count towards the accolade.
  • materwindumaterwindu Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I did what was supposed to be my 10th Tides of Ice. Killed snowmen in all of the 9 first waves, and the queen in the 10th wave. No loot on Wave 8, no loot or completion credit on Wave 10.
  • pigeonofclaypigeonofclay Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I came here to see if there was a bug thread on this, and yes, there is.

Confirmed. No completion reward, only rewards for the waves.

I checked my event participation at the beginning to see how many I still needed, and it was the same after the event ended.

I know I participated, as there were only 3 of us in the instance event, so it was not that I did not kill enough snorg in each wave.

Really guys... can we get a *facepalm* emote?
  • mdm454mdm454 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Don't know if this will help anyone but when I first logged in on one of my toons the account unlock was not there. Once I logged into one of my toons that had completed tides 10 times it flashed a message that it was unlocked. I was then able to buy the warp cores and holiday items on my other toons.
  • shadowthinshadowthin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Unlocked it before today's patch on my main without any problems, now i can't pass 5/10, which is where i was yesterday. So basically no rewards and no completion. Good job Cryptic, after a patch that took twice the announced time today, really ^^
  • gamesweetg#7900 gamesweetg Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I didn't get any final rewards for the final tenth wave after defeating the boss.
    star_trek_online_forum_sig02xGDhA_display.gif
    Federation Chars x5 inc. 2250 x1 & Liberated Borg x1 | Romulan Char x1 | Klingon Char x1 | 23rd Century Char x1 | Dominion Char x1
    Favourite Starship: U.S.S. Relativity | Favourite Series: Star Trek Voyager, TOS and TNG | Lifetime Sub | Favourite Movies: Star Trek Generations, Star Trek Into Darkness
    YouTube | Wordpress | Twitter | Facebook | Steam | Terraria Project |
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Just completed ten waves, didn't receive any rewards for waves 9 or 10, didn't receive a completion credit.
  • vampirerkadevampirerkade Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    nobody is getting more than an occasional completion at BEST. I have run it and run it and a big zilch for me, but I have heard a FEW have gotten a completion.

as far as I understand it looks like the only players that have gotten the 10 for unlock done PRIOR to today's patch seem to be getting any credit for completion
  • dhiemmdhiemm Member Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    After todays patch Tides of Ice does not work at all.
    DHIEMM.png

Join date July 08
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I can't get the cores on my alts, I have gotten one on my main though
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • cavetroll001cavetroll001 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Another day, different account, still no rewards. GET RID TO THE STORE REQUIREMENTS!!!!!
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ah the irony. Prior to yesterday's "fix" I had no issues getting completion credit for Tides of Ice.

Now I do all 10 waves and aside from the rewards from each wave I get zero credit for completion :rolleyes:
  • kajofolfkajofolf Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    daboholic wrote: »
    Ah the irony. Prior to yesterday's "fix" I had no issues getting completion credit for Tides of Ice.

Now I do all 10 waves and aside from the rewards from each wave I get zero credit for completion :rolleyes:

Exactly the same. Before the patch each and every tides of ice worked for me. Now after the patch, I don't get credit for anything.

... Chell Grett still costs 1000 pictures, Snowman are still underground... so what was fixed exactly?

I believe yesterday was only a "get more money from the stupid playerbase" patch, nothing more.
  • wcampbllwcampbll Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    just wish THEY would post it in the update-patch thread would short cut alot of this patch rage
  • gamesweetg#7900 gamesweetg Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would assume they had only done the server maintenance to release the Elachi PVE.

Not fixing anything at all though. And where are the recent maintenance notes for what's been done?
    star_trek_online_forum_sig02xGDhA_display.gif
    Federation Chars x5 inc. 2250 x1 & Liberated Borg x1 | Romulan Char x1 | Klingon Char x1 | 23rd Century Char x1 | Dominion Char x1
    Favourite Starship: U.S.S. Relativity | Favourite Series: Star Trek Voyager, TOS and TNG | Lifetime Sub | Favourite Movies: Star Trek Generations, Star Trek Into Darkness
    YouTube | Wordpress | Twitter | Facebook | Steam | Terraria Project |
  • rmxiiirmxiii Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    daboholic wrote: »

Same here the only bright side I was able to get the Warp cores on all my chars, but have 2 chars still doing Tides of Ice for the Accolade on them.
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ticket ID# 2,972,160

The winter event mission Tides of Ice is not crediting for completion. I've done it 3 times and each time it stops rewarding after round 8 and it does not credit for completion.
  • massamunemassamune Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Six runs completed, zero reward for the queen each time, accolade is not even in my list.

This is BS, just remove the store restriction. People have paid their dues already by playing your bugs to death.
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Still broken. Just ran it 2 more times and no completion.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just ran it, no credit and no rewards for completion. It just drops after the queen is killed.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    After the patch from yesterday its completly broken. No rewards at the end. :S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2014
    We are aware of the issue. Attempted fixes have not done the job so far, so we've removed the participation requirements for the new items. We are continuing to work on a fix.
    STO QA Team