test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elachi Alert - advanced/elite option?

questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,423 Arc User
Any chance for an advanced/elite option for Elachi Alert?

Making those elachi go boom is fun, but i have seen flies with more stamina/hp than those critters.
This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    krisrobertskrisroberts Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Do you want them to totally break the game? Lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    The normal version is a decent farm for marks, but i am sure there are others like me who have too much marks already and are looking for a bit of a gameplay challenge.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    -> battle of korfez
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Haha, Elachi Alert makes Pre-DR ISE look hard :D
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    dykerasdykeras Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Too easy? Try Pugging... :P

Had 3 faliures this morning - Players couldn't defeat the final fleet of ships so just quit out of the game! :eek:
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    dykeras wrote: »

Had 3 faliures this morning - Players couldn't defeat the final fleet of ships so just quit out of the game! :eek:

I always PUG and i still believe it is far too easy. The only reason why it is not solo content is the time it takes to disable the gate and grab the 2.5 bonus.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I always PUG and i still believe it is far too easy

oh! i'm really sad for you :rolleyes:
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    Any chance for an advanced/elite option for Elachi Alert?

Making those elachi go boom is fun, but i have seen flies with more stamina/hp than those critters.

Yes Cryptic. Please add more queues, I'd love to see more empty STF queues sitting there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    dykerasdykeras Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    I always PUG and i still believe it is far too easy. The only reason why it is not solo content is the time it takes to disable the gate and grab the 2.5 bonus.

Maybe your 'pug' definition is different somehow?

Had 6 goes, completed 3, failed 3 - never once got any bonus timer! In fact in the ones I finished, it was me 'in an underpowered sci ship' who had to close the gate... god only knows what the other ships were doing, except for blowing up :confused:
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Maybe your 'pug' definition is different somehow?

Had 6 goes, completed 3, failed 3 - never once got any bonus timer! In fact in the ones I finished, it was me 'in an underpowered sci ship' who had to close the gate... god only knows what the other ships were doing, except for blowing up :confused:

Queue in public queue and wait for whoever else joins in.

Maybe you had a string of leechers / afk-ers, but unless countermeasures were put in place beforehand those were to be expected especially with content this easy and with relative high rewards.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited December 2014

What????, how the hell can you fail that mission!!????
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2014
    Makes no difference to me. Taking so long to level from 54 up I won't see elite during this event...XD
  • Options
    jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There's only one difficulty for this event, it's called 'awesome'. I think you get the rest.
  • Options
    olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited December 2014
    An advanced option would be very welcome.

With whatever increase in rewards is deemed ok, say as low as +25% is fine, it's not about the rewards all the time. The normal version is so simple, even in pug. People want a bit of a challenge.

An elite option would be good too, something for the 40k-50k people to try and figure out.

EDIT: and even if you made elite too hard, that wouldn't be a crisis, people would have advanced and normal to fall back on. it would just be a challenge that's out there.
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    An advanced option would be very welcome.

With whatever increase in rewards is deemed ok, say as low as +25% is fine, it's not about the rewards all the time. The normal version is so simple, even in pug. People want a bit of a challenge.

An elite option would be good too, something for the 40k-50k people to try and figure out.

EDIT: and even if you made elite too hard, that wouldn't be a crisis, people would have advanced and normal to fall back on. it would just be a challenge that's out there.

except no one does advanced or elite anymore outside of premades so what is the point of making ques no one will use?
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've done tons of Elachi Alert. It's just so easy. BFAW & CC make this simple to complete instance that much more easy. Land a mega grav well on the initial wave then it's game over. 2 maybe 3 could hold the gate down while the remainder speed up the gate disable. All I do is PUG this and even more and more players are seeing this as the most obvious and easy strategy to get the 2.5x bonus.

Also: You can do the gate disable command while cloaked :P

I find it hard to believe people actually fail this thing.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    hartzilla wrote: »
    except no one does advanced or elite anymore outside of premades so what is the point of making ques no one will use?

Nobody does advanced or elite on PUG? Nice to meet you, my name is nobody.

In case you have not noticed, with the rise in player levels the difficulty on advanced now roughly equals "brain dead monkey" again.

I do nothing but use PUG and with some exceptions i have had little difficulties. Perhaps you should pull your head out of the sand and actually look around.
  • Options
    huntingdon1701huntingdon1701 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Having struggled pugging other queues, this one is just far too underpowered. The Elachi don't attack often enough and a ship only has to look at them for it to blow up. You've gone too far the other way now.