test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I miss the old maintenance threads....

Comments

• bellydancer42bellydancer42 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Now I got a "Login2_Timeout". Whatever that means...
  • tekklatekkla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    anyone else when u sign in the game crashes???
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hmmm it must be "working as intended" or x17 times more players tried to log in

or... "the server is not empty... its a reporting bug"
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Now I got a "Login2_Timeout". Whatever that means...
    They should copy Destiny's login errors; except go with Trek themes.

Such as Warp Core Failure for a problem with network connection (Timeouts/Server Not Responding), or Tribble Carcass for a complete physical server failure.
  • solidshatnersolidshatner Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I need to ask - when everyone tried logging in when the server was up for a sec - did you all crash on the Delta Rising load screen? Im asking because mine has been doing that for weeks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I dont know if it is on Cryptics end or what, but i do know that the Frisco region and its surrounding areas are having power issues and could be the result of this extra down time.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vfpfyasko1 wrote: »
    I dont know if it is on Cryptics end or what, but i do know that the Frisco region and its surrounding areas are having power issues and could be the result of this extra down time.

You got it wrong. Cryptic's server issues are the reason for power issues in the bay area. It just came on CNN.
  • iwontsayiwontsay Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In one FAQ they actually stated it (paraphrased):

"We get yelled if we announce something, we get yelled if we don't. Same outcome for us, though not posting means less expense on our side."

Look around. Did that ****storm abate once we actually got updates here? Doesn't look that way.
  • thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So basically getting messages filling the forum in this fashion:

I keep trying to login and I get "Tripping on a tribble carcass" error code. Fix this I need it now!!!!

Yeah. I just can't see that being any more helpful than a login2 error.
  • iwontsayiwontsay Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Such as Warp Core Failure for a problem with network connection (Timeouts/Server Not Responding), or Tribble Carcass for a complete physical server failure.

Hell NO. The more technically inclined - and I think it's a good part of the user base - can actually make some sense from the error messages. And maybe diagnose problems on their own side, like firewalls or routers from them.

It wouldn't help seeing an error message like "core breach" or such.
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited December 2014

thats a good idea that since it is a star trek ''bassed game''
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    iwontsay wrote: »
    In one FAQ they actually stated it (paraphrased):

"We get yelled if we announce something, we get yelled if we don't. Same outcome for us, though not posting means less expense on our side."

Look around. Did that ****storm abate once we actually got updates here? Doesn't look that way.

In my opinion this shows a fundamental fallacy on Cryptic's side. Many threads have thousands of views yet only 20-30 posts in it. This means that many people are actually glad to get some information and are NOT yelling at anybody.
  • olisjolisj Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    szim wrote: »
    In my opinion this shows a fundamental fallacy on Cryptic's side. Many threads have thousands of views yet only 20-30 posts in it. This means that many people are actually glad to get some information and are NOT yelling at anybody.

Maybe trhere are vast numbers of players like me who humbly would like an updat as to when to plan to get back to th game. Other than that I don't care about anything else.
  • cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I see the server light is showing down again ... Atleast they seen they had a problem lol
  • solidor80solidor80 Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2014
    Server still off?
  • gojoredgojored Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    An excerpt (torrential rainfall is being experienced all along the west coast of California as an unusually sever winter storm...) I imagine the local Los Gatos area news.... several homes and businesses are being flooded or washed away... wait there goes one now... i think i can read the sign on the building...something-something-Cryptic studios server farm 2....:eek::eek::eek
    [SIGPIC]tritrophic mutualism: we get a viable game experience, and perfect worlds new ai "ARC" dines on our zen[/SIGPIC]
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    orici1701 wrote: »
    not sure your IQ is high enough for that LOL

for the record u started it, carry on giving attitude and u will be reported

LOL! Please, do report the Moderator for trolling you. Your posts are cracking me up.

*Grabs some popcorn*
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The moderators especially should know people tend to re-post a lot of stuff and that for some reason people don't read posts by staff. Some do, some don't. Go figure. :confused:
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    cincyman39 wrote: »
    I see the server light is showing down again ... Atleast they seen they had a problem lol

We will be performing shard maintenance from December 11th - December 12th. Please check the forums.

There. Just add that to the launcher and we can be on our way. ;)
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    gojored wrote: »
    An excerpt (torrential rainfall is being experienced all along the west coast of California as an unusually sever winter storm...) I imagine the local Los Gatos area news.... several homes and businesses are being flooded or washed away... wait there goes one now... i think i can read the sign on the building...something-something-Cryptic studios server farm 2....:eek::eek::eek

Except... Their Server Farm is in Boston.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • solidshatnersolidshatner Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    we Will Be Performing Shard Maintenance From December 11th - December 12th. Please Check The Forums.

There. Just Add That To The Launcher And We Can Be On Our Way. ;)

Lol

^5:d:d:d
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • baxhatrixbaxhatrix Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Cryptic says:
    "We apologize for the recent unexpected extended down time of our servers. To make up for it we will extend the Elachi Event until our next extended down time, which we assure you will be totally unexpected.

To further make things right with our playerbase, we are decreasing the cooldown time to run the Elachi Mission from once every half hour, to once every Fifteen minutes. Furthermore, we have increased the reward for completing each Elachi Mission from 720 Dilithium to 1440 Dilithium.

However, based on our highly detailed, technological metric, there will be a fee of 2880 Dilithium each time you run the Elachi Event.

Signed,
    Your friends at Cryptic."
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Now the light isn't even green any more. This has now become a > 5 hours patch.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • englishnodenglishnod Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    baxhatrix wrote: »
    Cryptic says:
    "We apologize for the recent unexpected extended down time of our servers. To make up for it we will extend the Elachi Event until our next extended down time, which we assure you will be totally unexpected.

To further make things right with our playerbase, we are decreasing the cooldown time to run the Elachi Mission from once every half hour, to once every Fifteen minutes. Furthermore, we have increased the reward for completing each Elachi Mission from 720 Dilithium to 1440 Dilithium.

However, based on our highly detailed, technological metric, there will be a fee of 2880 Dilithium each time you run the Elachi Event.

Signed,
    Your friends at Cryptic."

LOL too funny
  • englishnodenglishnod Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Now the light isn't even green any more. This has now become a > 5 hours patch.

WAIT you mean the launcher has a green light????
    you sure your eyes are not playing trick on you again? this is Startrek Offline after all :p
  • ea07ea07 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    We will be performing shard maintenance from December 11th - December 12th. Please check the forums.

There. Just add that to the launcher and we can be on our way. ;)

Better yet: make it from December 11th - December 10th.
    That way you'll know not to have any expectations and that you're actually in luck when things are up inbetween... :D
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    englishnod wrote: »
    WAIT you mean the launcher has a green light????

A green light? Just ONE green light? THERE. ARE. FOUR. LIGHTS!!!!! :P
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Running out of popcorn...
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!