test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannot login to STO

lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
Priority Log in for Gold and Life Time members is BS!!. The server is up, says so, but I cannot log in do to high traffic volume. WTF!!! Sigh.

Update - 11:30 PST
Our Login Servers are experiencing some technical difficulties and this will delay logins. The team is investigating and will get the servers back up to full capacity as soon as they can. We apologize for the delay and the inconvenience to everyone whose play time this interrupted.
What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• admiralkirkadmiralkirk Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    me too.same old. at least craptic is consistent.
  • fecklorfecklor Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am also a Gold customer, Guess what, I cant logon either, either its server load or its Fuxed.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It is a Server issue; probably all stemming from the power outages reported in other threads and posts. It has nothing to do with Gold status or anything else.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am lifetime and can't even login. It times out at retrieving characters. They should have worked on the login server during maintenance time.
    AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-5700
    RAM 32 GB
    2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Priority Log in for Gold and Life Time members is BS!!. The server is up, says so, but I cannot log in do to high traffic volume. WTF!!! Sigh.

Try this: For some time, I haven't received my monthly Zen as part of my lifetime subscription (LTS). I've alerted Support... nothing. I cannot get a response.

If I were a PWE shareholder, I would sell at this point.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The forums, it has reached Shanter levels of nerdrage.

must... not... encourage... the... nerd... rage!
  • wilai29#4617 wilai29 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tucana66 wrote: »
    Try this: For some time, I haven't received my monthly Zen as part of my lifetime subscription (LTS). I've alerted Support... nothing. I cannot get a response.

Good luck on that, PWE customer service has about 30 interns for all games/services.
    All of the interns dont know TRIBBLE, nor do they care about you cause......
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tucana66 wrote: »

Perfect World's shares are at a 12 month low. Sell sell sell!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Star Trek Online ‏@trekonlinegame 5m5 minutes ago Haven't announced the all clear yet, so logins will not work for anyone yet :)
  • pennylongpennylong Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't think anyone can log in at the mo.
  • giveroffacialsgiveroffacials Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

good lord, people who pay to play and fund your free to play actually getting a benefit for their money.....What is the world coming to?
    Space the final frontier. These are the voyages of [your name here] on a five year mission to gain one level after the delta rising xp nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I seem to remember someone - but can't remember who, annoyingly - pointing out that posting updates on Twitter "is not communicating with your users, it's communicating with Twitter users".

Despite what the Twitter users would have you believe, not everyone uses, or even pays the slightest attention to, Twitter.

Perhaps our much-vaunted community manager might deign, at some point, to communicate with this community?
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Star Trek Online @trekonlinegame · 10m 10 minutes ago
    Haven't announced the all clear yet, so logins will not work for anyone yet :)

gee this might be why you cant logon yet. might help to read updates before you start b1tchin about it.

Edit: and to those that complain about twitter i say this. you honestly find it so hard to type in www.twitter.com into you web browser? talk about lazy.
  • lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The load on the servers must be too much for their aged Enterprise Network. :(

As to customer service, so far each time I have had an issue with something specific like not getting ZEN or items I buy, they have always resolved it. Might take a couple of days, but they do get it done. Sometimes its my fault, and they explain that, other times it theirs and they fix it. Good luck with getting your missing LTS / Gold Monthly Zen. I haven't missed getting mine yet but i know if I did, I'd be P'ed.

The server log in issue is partly do to load I suspect, but again, even when not under load there is no such thing as "Priority Log In." Its a myth much like those FORUM TITLES they list as perks in the packages. Speaking of which, has any one ever gotten their Forum Title Perks? I've been a member since the first Beta's and I've never seen them here or at previous boards.
    edited December 2014

OMG!!! People who pay money to fund the game are getting something for their money call the internet police, Self Entitlement Division!!!
    Space the final frontier. These are the voyages of [your name here] on a five year mission to gain one level after the delta rising xp nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kamuii2 wrote: »

gee this might be why you cant logon yet. might help to read updates before you start b1tchin about it.
    Then why was the button green already. You'd think that means all clear...
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • karriqkarriq Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    <Lifetimer
    <Cant Login!
    <Nerdrage engaged!
  • tekklatekkla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    now the game crashes...frustrated
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    you got to love the craptic responce. this game is getting worst and worst.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    Then why was the button green already. You'd think that means all clear...
    Because someone flipped the button without finishing the check.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited December 2014
    kamuii2 wrote: »

Don't be TROLLING us with your logic! We are perfectly capable of enjoying our own B*t*h-fest at Cryptic expense whenever we can. :D They can take it, they have the shields and armor for it. :D
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OMG!!! People who pay money to fund the game are getting something for their money call the internet police, Self Entitlement Division!!!

A post so nice you posted it twice... and both times, you seem to have missed the point of the original post. The OP is a lifetime subscriber upset that he can't log in.

Clear?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,265 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Whilst it is frustrating not being able to log in (particularly when you have a limited amount of free time). I really don't think getting so enraged is going to make the server come up any faster (or indeed by any good for your health :D)

When I get annoyed about the server being down, I go do something else I enjoy, like shooting zombies in the face in L4D2.

A backup game is always a good idea :)
    edited December 2014
    There is no server, there is nothingness
    There are no players, there is emptiness
    There is no income, there is no game
    There is no rage, there is serenity
    There is no STO, there is SWTOR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey everyone, they lost power in Frisco area as a result of the storm and rain in the area.
    edited December 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    A post so nice you posted it twice... and both times, you seem to have missed the point of the original post. The OP is a lifetime subscriber upset that he can't log in.

Clear?

Actually the first post was reported as "internet ate the website you were attempting to contact"

Got it? capisce?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • presbytier7presbytier7 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There is no server, there is nothingness
    There are no players, there is emptiness
    There is no income, there is no game
    There is no rage, there is serenity
    There os no STO, there is SWTOR

Maybe but one really has to be in the mood for cat people to play that game...wait, scratch that last point.
    "Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."-Guybrush Threepwood
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."-Hunter S. Thompson
    edited December 2014

Really, you can call the internet police? Well hell, post the number since you are so wise and all. Otherwise, get off of your mommies lap top, move out of her basement, and get a job! Then perhaps you too can share in the frustration those of us who PAY for our stuff feel when we don't getting something we PAID for.
  • admiralkirkadmiralkirk Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    updated info on facebook. go figure
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vfpfyasko1 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, they lost power in Frisco area as a result of the storm and rain in the area.
    Hey, NO, we haven't.

And I live in Los Gatos, CA. The power is ON here right now.