test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

new winter items greyed out

xuelxuel Member Posts: 169 Arc User
Ok I got all the currencies for the 2 new weapons in winter event, yet they are still greyed out. Anyone know what is going on?
Post edited by xuel on

Comments

• qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A lot of the items require a certain number of events being completed.
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    xuel wrote: »
    Ok I got all the currencies for the 2 new weapons in winter event, yet they are still greyed out. Anyone know what is going on?

You need to run Q's "Tide of Ice", 5 to 10 times to unlock the new items.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    To purchase the new items ( except the warpcores ), you must do the tides of ice event ( starts at the top of the hour ) 5 times to access the new items, the warpcores require you run the event 10 times.
    This thursday should see the tides of ice being made easier to complete for the new items.
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's bugged at the moment and so doesn't always complete properly. So you'll probably need to do more than 5 to 10 runs to get the unlocks.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Tribble patch notes recently say something about an account unlock for the Tide of Ice runs.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1319531
    From Dec 5th
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Like any other potentially grayed out item:
    Try to buy it. You will be informed why you can't.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    xuel wrote: »

You need to run the Tides of Ice 5 times for the snow weapons, ornament weapons, modules and new outfit items and 10 for the warp cores.

You can see how many times you have completed Tides Of Ice by checking in your accolades in the events section for A Line In The Snow.