test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

For next Years Winter event.

quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
since the summer event has that sand castle event , how about a build a snowman event ?
just something for the Devs to ponder .
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    quepan wrote: »
    since the summer event has that sand castle event , how about a build a snowman event ?

Snow fort. and snowball fights. maybe sledding.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Snow fort. and snowball fights. maybe sledding.

Fleet vs fleet snowball fights :D
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tree decorating contests.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • godimasgodimas Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would love it if they gave us a winter kit to mount our winter toys (turrets, gingerbread men backup, the candy cane things, ext..) in. Since we cant use our normal kits anyways, it would be neat to have. And maybe even make it part of a winter set or something. Kit, one of the guns you can get, and a pair of boots you slot into one of your item spots maybe?
  • vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What about skiing or snowboarding course?
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    snow angels emote
    Spock.jpg

• gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    1) Allow Tide of Ice as an alternative to the stupid race, for getting autographs from Q.

2) A Starfleet-issue ushanka, please, with the Starfleet emblem where the Ukrainian army insignia is in this picture: http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=1305994&image=434639770&images=434639791,434639770&formats=0,0&format=0

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • haskanaelevahaskanaeleva Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    gulberat wrote: »
    1) Allow Tide of Ice as an alternative to the stupid race, for getting autographs from Q.

I would like this considering I both hate races and suck at the ice race thing.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2014

/signed

beepboop
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • gamerjoshgamerjosh Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited December 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xGEMyn4DKY
    Belief manifests reality
  • vendahravendahra Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A shuttle event.

The crystalline snowflake is approaching the gingerbread village so we board our impulse powered sleighs loaded with snow or candy weapons and do battle. And when defeated it coats the village in snow.
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    vfpfyasko1 wrote: »
    What about skiing or snowboarding course?

I was thinking this too, adapting the game mechanics from the power board races on Risa during the Summer Event. Maybe an alternative to "Fast and Flurrious"?

How about giving rewards in "gift boxes" like the multiple-choice mark boxes, so that people can choose to get their photos, tags, etc, from the events they like (and can complete)?
  • sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ugly sweaters

This please, we need more unique variants on stuff to get. We are running out of colors on jackets really. Also, this may not be "politically correct" but how about Santa and/or elf outfts? (That way Taco really could be a "Mall Santa"!)

Also, we have all three ship types now (carrier is close enough to Sci). So what would the grand prize be? I propose a new playable race, Breen. Their traits could be a built in resistance to cold and a bonus to cold damage. The costume and look would be hardest on that though. I'd also say an unlockable Breen costume for our captains would be nice.
    y1arXbh.png

• fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would love more places to skate on. The puddle in the middle just isn't big enough. :P let me skate around the map please!
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Snow forts and such, ugly sweaters both seconded. Also seconded is the idea of special emotes, the summer event has dances, have some of these things be an equivalent for WW. I also love the idea of more hats someone mentioned. Why not some mittens?

As for some of you, *deep sigh with double face palm*, once an hour Q has the snowmen try to kill us, *deep sigh with double face palm*, and you want to make more? :rolleyes:

As for the snow forts, make them craftable with the snowball piles. Add special emplacements to the event store.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • fauxpasiiifauxpasiii Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    We need some way to heal/warm up during snowman invasions. I propose an item that has similar mechanics to the engineer's medical generator. You can call it a "space heater".
  • kazamiyukarinkazamiyukarin Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ice skating, please~
    Call me Yuka~
    ~Vice Admiral Saskia - U.S.S. Muenzuka (Dyson Science Destroyer)~
    ~Lieutenant General Kalinka - I.K.S. Kazami (Negh'Var Heavy Battlecruiser)~
    ~Vice Admiral Lorel - R.R.W. Aureus Aquila (Mirror Mogai Heavy Warbird)~
  • vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ice skating, please~

Speed skating on a race track?
  • hipachilleshipachilles Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I really think adding a bobsled/skeleton version of the powerboard race would be fun.

Or a downhill snowboarding/skiing course, using the same technology. For added fun, could we use the grappler gun tech as a kind of ski lift or tow rope to get up the mountain?
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'd like a Winter space event. I mean...the reward is a ship and we don't get one already?

I also think the nanopulse weapons should be usuable in the Wonderful...ooh, but to fight a Borgified Snowman with one ;-)
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kayajay wrote: »
    I'd like a Winter space event. I mean...the reward is a ship and we don't get one already?

I also think the nanopulse weapons should be usuable in the Wonderful...ooh, but to fight a Borgified Snowman with one ;-)
    Yes, but wouldn't it adapt?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Actually, I would love to start an unofficial in-game competition. A skate-off.

With the ice stakes, it's possible to make some amazing acrobatic displays....backflips, etc on the frozen lake in Q's Winter Wonderful.

How about we all agree to meet there, have the "skate off" and someone wins a prize ;-)
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A Whack-A-Mole style mini game, but with lizards that you throw snowballs at. Lizard pops up, says something stupid like, "It's not snowing, it's a graphics bug." Then you throw a snowball at it to shut it up.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeti hunting.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • terlokiterloki Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vendahra wrote: »
    The crystalline snowflake is approaching the gingerbread village so we board our impulse powered sleighs loaded with snow or candy weapons and do battle. And when defeated it coats the village in snow.

I second the crystalline snowflake event, and snowman/snowfort building, and new emotes, and snowboarding, and ugly sweaters. Seriously, this event is always the highlight of the year in STO for me.
    Admiral Katrina Tokareva - U.S.S. Cosmos, Yorktown-class Star Cruiser
    Admiral Dananra Lekall - R.R.W. Teverresh, Deihu-class Warbird
    General J'Kar son of K'tsulan - I.K.S. Dlahath, Vo'devwl-class Carrier
  • chitowngrizz420chitowngrizz420 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I like the the snowman building,snowboard,snowball pvp and crystalline as a snowflake ideas.
    How about next year you add a Breen 3 piece ground set with costume unlock in the holiday vendor.
    Just make sure it a "cool" looking Breen and not a basic outfit.
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    U.S.S. Chicago NCC 1833-C
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community