test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cant Put on Winter Hat Knitted

vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hello all,

I just got the Winter Hat Knitted and i cant figure out how to put it on, i opened the box of course, i looked under off duty uniform and nothing. Am i missing something?

Thanks,

F
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• jep1416jep1416 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Its in the head section.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Like jep said, its located under the head options in off duty, keep in mind that some species ( as far as we know ) can't equip the hat.
  • illustriousqillustriousq Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Would liberated Borg Human be one of them?
  • freezy321freezy321 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think so, I switched to off duty and it does not show.

Neither in Body/Head or anywhere in the uniform/off duty

I hope us liberated borg don't have to sacrifice an eye attachment for this.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So far reports from players of lib borg, talaxians, lethians and, some Klingons ( don't know about klingons tho ).
    Hopefully a dev can look into this for players affected by this.
  • mowghtamowghta Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hello

It seem that do not work with Klingon too.

I 'd tried with off duty all section ans other .. do not find anywhere ;)

My klingon is very sad .. she would be very cute with.... :(
    vAZ8lHW.png

• ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is ridiculous. Every year, cryptic puts thus winter festival out, and every year, they include these pointless outfits. And every, single, year, there's an avalanche of threads solely about not being able to use these things. EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.

To all players planning on making a complaint about these items this year; if your character has a head attachment, such as a helmet, or an eyepiece, or has an outfit setup that includes one of the previously mentioned items, you will not be able to use it. Either change the outfit, or don't bother getting the winter items.
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You need to put on off-duty clothes first, but for Tellarites, it removes the big beards.
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    As you might have heard Club Wear lowers (pants and shoes) for a Klingon wasn't programmed correctly or they Oops!. So doesn't seem like they had programmed the Winter Knitted Hat either for Aliens Oops!. Like they said spare-time developers will be making these corrections when they can catch -up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I tried off duty uniform in the head section and nothing, iam using an Andorian, while my son has a Human and cant attach it either. So, something is going on.
  • thebanjothebanjo Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Saurian character here and the option is not showing up either.
    edited December 2014
    thebanjo wrote: »
    Saurian character here and the option is not showing up either.

Thank you for your reply, i will be sending in a ticket
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It seems we can add Benzites to the list.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • spiderw1spiderw1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Bajoran here and can't even find it as an option anywhere.Got the hat this morning and looked under ever outfit option .
    edited December 2014
    UPDATE: When you go under Head, you need to choose Catagory which will pull down the "Winter Hat Knitted, you will also have to ensure that you are under "Off Duty Uniform" as well. I HOPE this helps, i only figured it out after my 10yr son figured it out.
  • brightbuttonbrightbutton Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You can add male Orions to the list of who can't wear the knitted cap. I just bought it and it doesn't show up anywhere. I really need it, too, with my big bald head.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    just tested this and realized that (at least for Fed Joined Trill) you can't use the 7of9 eye attach with the knit hat.

One really cool thing is that you can wear the Khan boots with winter jackets.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited December 2014
    You can add male Orions to the list of who can't wear the knitted cap. I just bought it and it doesn't show up anywhere. I really need it, too, with my big bald head.

DID YOU TRY THIS?

When you go under Head, you need to choose Catagory which will pull down the "Winter Hat Knitted, you will also have to ensure that you are under "Off Duty Uniform" as well. I HOPE this helps, i only figured it out after my 10yr son figured it out.
  • simc1990simc1990 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Human male's also can't wear the hat, so you can add that to the list aswell!!!
  • sgtyorksgtyork Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just bought the hat for my human male character, cannot find it anywhere either in on duty or off.

Do the devs just test the game in god mode?
  • illustriousqillustriousq Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vfpfyasko1 wrote: »
    DID YOU TRY THIS?

When you go under Head, you need to choose Catagory which will pull down the "Winter Hat Knitted, you will also have to ensure that you are under "Off Duty Uniform" as well. I HOPE this helps, i only figured it out after my 10yr son figured it out.

Which category? I've pulled down every single drop down option available in the off duty head section and it's not showing up for my liberated borg human.
    edited December 2014
    Which category? I've pulled down every single drop down option available in the off duty head section and it's not showing up for my liberated borg human.

hmmmm, that is the location under the "Head" area with Off Duty.
  • trypwyrtrypwyr Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have a character with a goatee. Who knew that trying to put on a hat would remove the options for his beard?

Seriously, this is just poor design in the character builder. Having radically different options under "off-duty" or "uniform" just screws everything up. What started out as "let's wear a hat", has now turned into 20 minutes of trying to make my character look exactly the same as previous, but now with a hat.

Not worth it. Yet another fail by the devs who care so little about their quality that they can't get a simple hat right.
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Interestingly enough, my Gorn used to be able to wear the hat. It still shows up as long as I don't change her costume, but if I edit it, the hat disappears and is nowhere to be found under any head options.

On a possibly related note, since noticing the disappearing hat, I've also noticed that the Khan wrap has a texture option that seems to puke the Omega helmet texture all over it.
  • zcl1987zcl1987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You can add Vulcans to the list of unable to use the hat...it is NOWHERE on the character tailor screen...off-duty or otherwise...
  • bcwhguderian1941bcwhguderian1941 Member Posts: 804 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vfpfyasko1 wrote: »
    UPDATE: When you go under Head, you need to choose Catagory which will pull down the "Winter Hat Knitted, you will also have to ensure that you are under "Off Duty Uniform" as well. I HOPE this helps, i only figured it out after my 10yr son figured it out.

FED, Human, male. Also no dice on knitted cap. You say "catagory"??? Which one? As stated
    above, I've tried every drop down in "head", "body", and "uniform" (under "Off Duty"), and
    nothing.

BCW. :)
  • charlesdonovancharlesdonovan Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    For some reason it wanted to change my outfit completely just to put on the hat. Is this normal, does it have to be completely crafted from scratch?
  • walter9000walter9000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thank you, vfpfyasko1, for finding the hat. I looked everywhere, but not unter "Categorie"... I mean, that's not very logical, is it? To choose if the character is "humanoid" or "guy with a hat".
    But now he is a guy with a hat. :) Just to bad I can not wear it with my uniform. So on duty my ears have to freeze.
  • richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    We can add alien (klingon faction) to the list. The knitted hat does not show up anywhere in her options.
This discussion has been closed.