test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter Event Known Issues - Tides of Ice - Check here for the latest info!

Comments

• lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited December 2014
    I just attended all 10 waves of ToI, no reward for wave 10/over all completion.
  • painfullylargepainfullylarge Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You need to stop using that thing I know you are using, and it'll stop crashing. Wait for a fix.

Exactly what am I "using"?

For the record, I just tried Tides of Ice again just now (off peak hours) at a resolution of 720p, and it STILL crashed. I'm at a loss for exactly what will make it work, because apparently turning the resolution to TRIBBLE-awful still doesn't fix this problem.
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited December 2014
    lystent wrote: »
    I just attended all 10 waves of ToI, no reward for wave 10/over all completion.

I came into a bonus round last wave, got completion credit for... something. Ohwell, Ima happy naw.
  • elusiveonen7elusiveonen7 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Exactly what am I "using"?

For the record, I just tried Tides of Ice again just now (off peak hours) at a resolution of 720p, and it STILL crashed. I'm at a loss for exactly what will make it work, because apparently turning the resolution to TRIBBLE-awful still doesn't fix this problem.

Hmm, how can I say this.

Check your Steam\SteamApps\common\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\localdata.

If there is anything other than gameprefs.pref in that folder, take it out.

If this means nothing to you then ignore me.
    edited December 2014
    Hmm, how can I say this.

Check your Steam\SteamApps\common\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\localdata.

got it. looks like it's working now. NO idea why this one specific event has a landmine in it though. everything else works fine.
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I want to thanks for the updates on Tribble:
    Items unlocked through completing “Tide of Ice” will now unlock for the entire account.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1319531

Its a compromise i can live with. But i don't understand why the community must get in rage mode before you bring fun and player friendly game mechanics (back)?

When we will get the update on Holodeck?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Hmm, how can I say this.

I have nothing in that folder that's not supposed to be there, but I've been suffering numerous crashes since Wonderland went live as have other people. There's a thread about it on the forums and CrypticFrost is currently investigating the issue.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have nothing in that folder that's not supposed to be there, but I've been suffering numerous crashes since Wonderland went live as have other people. There's a thread about it on the forums and CrypticFrost is currently investigating the issue.

I don't have a clue here either. I have a lot of failed shader garbage in there and something called Fxprefs.prefs. The failed shader files are a month old and all happened on the same day - 2014/11/07.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • jeffaxp698jeffaxp698 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can we look at fixing the timer/clock for the winter events? they don't sync up to the times they are supposed to, and are somewhat random. The 00 event sometimes starts at 00, 01, 02, 03, etc. 15 event seen start as late as 18, etc.

Any chance they can sync back up to the actual game clock?
    edited December 2014
    jeffaxp698 wrote: »
    Can we look at fixing the timer/clock for the winter events? they don't sync up to the times they are supposed to, and are somewhat random. The 00 event sometimes starts at 00, 01, 02, 03, etc. 15 event seen start as late as 18, etc.

Any chance they can sync back up to the actual game clock?

The in game clock is set by your system clock.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited December 2014
    Alting is pretty standard in MMOs. I don't know anybody who has as many as 50 right enough, though 15 to 20 isn't uncommon. They've already adapted many other systems to account for this. The Rep systems, the event ships, etc. This time gate is just silly for the sake of being silly. I'd happily grind out enough of the commodities to buy it for all 15 of my toons, but I don't want to have to take all of them to wonderland to do ten runs of a buggy mission which only plays once an hour that may or may not even count across all 15 of my toons. That's a 150 hours of time gate, minimum.

I have 55 alts atm does that count :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    I have 55 alts atm does that count :P

Haha well you're the first I've heard of having quite so many. I thought the guy in my fleet with 30 was crazy haha. Think I'm happy with my 15, that takes me enough time to manage, already have to use spreadsheets to keep track of them all haha.
  • elusiveonen7elusiveonen7 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited December 2014

The particular place he said he was crashing is the exact same place I crashed. Once I removed said files, the crashes went away completely. So I just assumed that we both had similar files in that folder. If you are crashing in other places, then it's unrelated to what I'm talking about.
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I arrived at ToI just as wave nine was starting, didn't bother running up to help, instead I stayed down at the tunnel, wave 10 started and I got one shot off at the boss before it was dead, and I got credited for completing ToI.

This is where I think a lot of people are having their "failures" at, the only part of the entire event that counts is killing the wave 10 boss, if you don't hit it then you don't get any credit.

Sadly a number of players have figured this out and are exploiting it, they turn up when they feel like it, camp/afk at the tunnel while the rest of us are up the slope killing waves 1 to 9, they then wipe out the wave 10 boss in seconds, so fast most of the other players can't even get close enough to get a shot off.

Once again Cryptic comes up with a nice idea and then ****s it up with their **** coding.
    edited December 2014
    the problem with the wave 10 boss (snow borg queen) is simply that it's not tied to the number of people participating. the waves 1-9 are tied to the number of people playing the event...so you can have under 300 or over 1000 total snow borg. but the boss isn't tied to it...it has static health, so in large groups, it does very fast.
  • thebanjothebanjo Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I finally got my knitted hat on my saurian main character and the option doesn't show up to wear it. I checked both off-duty and uniform sections. Please tell me it is just a bug.:(
  • creamy096creamy096 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I cannot complete Tides of Ice at all. The instant I fire at or throw a snowball at a snow borg, my game crashes. I NEVER have this problem anywhere else in the game. If I stand around, fix turrets, etc, the game does not seem to crash, but I will not get credit--even if 10 waves are completed.

Please fix ASAP.

P.S.
    This happened at full-screen on 1080p resolution and with maximized window. Geforce 780m GTX card. MORE than up to the task.

I'm having the same issue. It's fine for the first wave, but if i attempt to fire during any of the other waves I crash :confused:
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited December 2014
    Curious why my Fed char shows 5 different winter Doff "Current Map" missions when in WW compared to only 1 when on my KDF this is with 2 minutes of each other so... why would they be different?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • schicikschicik Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    its not in the uniforms after you buy it. fix it and make it where i dont have to buy it again....
  • jerran75jerran75 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I did all ten rounds and got at least one shot in on the queen last night, and no completion. Several of us even sat and waited a few minutes after. This is total TRIBBLE to tie buying stuff to an event that is bugged out the wazoo. And you have to do it 10 times to buy the warp cores!
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    had no problem getting the first 4 completion rewards but since have done it 2 more times and received no credit. Why is this taking so long to get fixed?
    edited December 2014
    nevawinna wrote: »
    had no problem getting the first 4 completion rewards but since have done it 2 more times and received no credit. Why is this taking so long to get fixed?

It was fixed on Tribble on Friday, but it's the weekend so no one will be at work to get the changes onto Holodeck.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In order to receive full credit for completing Tides of Ice, a character must participate in all 10 waves of fighting

The Borg Queen is way too weak. Unless you sprint back just as wave 9 ends there is a real risk that she will be dead before you can do any damage, meaning you fought 9 waves for basically nothing.

That wouldn't be so bad if you didn't need to get the completion 10 times per character.

If it was 10 for account-wide or 10 + 1 per character it wouldn't be so annoying. I currently have 6 alts (3 fed, 2 KDF, 1 rom) and might add the missing 3 to have one of each class in each faction. That's 60-90 tides of ice if I want the warp core or a cryo grenade.

Having to do more on top of that because the game cheated me out of completion doesn't seem fair. It's that moment of utter frustration like when the Unimatrix fails to spawn in the Borg red alert, or when you realize you're stuck in the terrain during a ground mission.
    edited December 2014
    The Borg Queen is way too weak. Unless you sprint back just as wave 9 ends there is a real risk that she will be dead before you can do any damage, meaning you fought 9 waves for basically nothing.

That wouldn't be so bad if you didn't need to get the completion 10 times per character.

If it was 10 for account-wide or 10 + 1 per character it wouldn't be so annoying. I currently have 6 alts (3 fed, 2 KDF, 1 rom) and might add the missing 3 to have one of each class in each faction. That's 60-90 tides of ice if I want the warp core or a cryo grenade.

Having to do more on top of that because the game cheated me out of completion doesn't seem fair. It's that moment of utter frustration like when the Unimatrix fails to spawn in the Borg red alert, or when you realize you're stuck in the terrain during a ground mission.

They are changing it so you only need to run it 10 times on one character and then it'll unlock account wide.

They're also changing the participation requirements. The changes went up on Tribble on Friday.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They are changing it so you only need to run it 10 times on one character and then it'll unlock account wide.

They're also changing the participation requirements. The changes went up on Tribble on Friday.

That's great news. With this and letting other characters get the ships for just 40(?) Q-pics the winter event will be very fair for those of us with multiple characters.
  • schicikschicik Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    fix the winter hat! it doesnt show up anywhere in the ouutfit tailor thing, not uniform, off-duty, formal, nowhere! the winter hat is the main item i wanted and its GONE! i had better not have to buy it again!
  • doggydog02doggydog02 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    schicik wrote: »
    fix the winter hat! it doesnt show up anywhere in the ouutfit tailor thing, not uniform, off-duty, formal, nowhere! the winter hat is the main item i wanted and its GONE! i had better not have to buy it again!

the winter hat is in head. change head Category or type and it should be near the bottom. need to be in off-duty.
  • maddllamamaddllama Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Four events in a row, from two minutes prior to start to hanging out 3-4 minutes after the queen dies and no credit. So yeah... I just stopped doing the event. I also guess I will not be getting anything from the store.

With a patch on Tribble I hope this gets fixed ASAP. People have limited time during the holidays to get this stuff done.
    5444373MbVxa.png
    @kmhknight

My campaign: The Madness Plague.
    My quest: Blacklake Gold

My guild: "The Older" Age 30+, Casual
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I noticed it's almost impossible for a non weaponized player to complete this 'mission' because of the speed weaponized players are killing the snowmen.

The requirement to complete this mission in order to purchase items should be DROPPED !
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Romulan toons, both FED and KDF aligned, do not get Winter DOFF assingments offered in New Romulus Command. They have to go to ESD or First City to get these DOFF assignments. Can we get them added to Romulus Command, please?