test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Intrepid Bridge - Boffs Are Not Where They Should Be

elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 37 Arc User
My first officer Boff apparently is flying the ship while an engineering NPC is in the 1st officer's chair. My Science department head is in the operations kiosk (Kim's former spot). My Engineering head is on the console behind me with my tactical head. Finally, my operations head is down in Engineering.

The only one that seems semi-placed right is my Security head (Tuvok's spot). The rest are filled with misc./enlisted NPC's.

Please if there is a way, fix this. If there isn't a way, make one and fix it.

Anyone else having this problem?

As a side note, please give us a little more customization on whether or not the bridge even has crew at the seats.

(I'm a little tired so this thread might be in the wrong section of the forums. But General is where I go when I can't find the right one.)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sadly, that's been an issue forever.

I seem to recall some dev somewhere making a statement on why it couldn't really be fixed, but I'm tired too, and one of the professional postcount moguls probably has it bookmarks so right now I can't be arsed to find it.

Agreed that it would be nice though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • Options
    darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thats really an annoying issue for real Trekkies and role-players.

I also wonder that there are some random NPC on my bridge, because i have enough BO's for all stations and some of my BO's never seen on my bridge yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one and it's not just on the Intrepid bridge. Maybe I just never noticed it until now?
  • Options
    wired2thenetwired2thenet Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They'll randomly change seats from time to time as well. Some days I have my Ferengi Engineer sitting in my First Officer's spot, and other days it's my Vulcan Science Officer.

I don't mind it too much because most of them are female and I'm a Ferengi :D, but I really would prefer my actual FIRST OFFICER to be seated in the right spot.

Just thanking heaven it's never been my Jem'Hadar BO ....

... /shudder.
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Basically, each bridge map has spots reserved for tacs, engineers and sci boffs. The boff that goes on each spot is random within the spot "class" and usually changes with each visit to the bridge map.
    As for boffs not showing up and getting replaced for generics, it means that either you do not have a boff of the correct class for the spot or, more likely, your boff list is bugged and the game can't read one or more of your boffs when the bridge instance is created. This is an old bug that has been going since early 2013.