test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Of Tholians, Nukara Reputation, and Lobi

squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So when I heard that there would be two ground sets in the Nukara Strike Force reputation, I, like many others (aided, I think, by the devs lack of clarity), believed that you would be able to get from the reputation the Mk XII Crystaline Nanofibre Shell set that we had to pay 150 lobi for.

However, I now believe that is untrue (if it was ever suggested by a dev). I have been marshaling my Nukara marks on Tribble, and this is what I have discovered-

There are two sets in the Strike Force reputation.

Refractive Bulwark
Set 2: Reactive Barrier
Set 3: Shield Hardening Barrier

Weapon: Cryo Full Auto Rifle, with AP burst and AP cone damage.
Armor: Environmental Suit, with a wierd heal over time
Shield: Chance to reduce damage to shields when taking damage

Shattering Harmonics
Set 2: Resonance Imbalance
Set 3: Shattering Harmonics

Weapon: Sword!
Armor: + to physical damage
Shield: physical damage buff when taking damage, and retaliation bonus

And on the other hand, the Mk XII Crystalline Nanofibre Shell:
Set 2: Absorption Lattice (+5% all damage)
Set 3: Violent Discharge (AOE damage)

Weapon: Pulsewave, cold damage
Armor: + to max hitpoints
Shield: Retaliation, energy damage buff when taking damage.

They may be comparable sets, but they are different sets. Assuming that what's on Tribble doesn't change substantially (i.e., doesn't become a simple copy), in fact, the Mk XII Crystalline Shell will remain a unique ground set for those who forked out the lobi for it.
Post edited by squishkin on

Comments

• Options
    neok182neok182 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    interesting. I didn't even realize we could work on that rep in tribble yet. And now I wish i actually got that set. guess i got a month left to work on it.

BTW, off topic, but since you've seen these pieces, have you been able to see the Refracting Tetryon? really curious as to what that does and if it's on par with advanced fleet, same with the tholian weapon set. console, mine launcher, dual-beam.
    ACCESS DENIED
  • Options
    squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    neok182 wrote: »
    interesting. I didn't even realize we could work on that rep in tribble yet. And now I wish i actually got that set. guess i got a month left to work on it.
    Well, the Nukara marks through Nukara are not yet hooked up, but you can register your Mk XII Crystalline Shell set and turn in the scaling version to get yourself some marks. I have 300 marks to play around with.
    BTW, off topic, but since you've seen these pieces, have you been able to see the Refracting Tetryon? really curious as to what that does and if it's on par with advanced fleet, same with the tholian weapon set. console, mine launcher, dual-beam.
    Not yet, but almost. I'm about 80% of the way to Tier2 Nukara rep, and I'll post when I get to see the first Refracting Tetryon stuff.
  • Options
    neok182neok182 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ah so thats how you got it to work. Good idea. Thanks in advance for working to post the refracting tetryon, insanely curious to what thats going to be.
    ACCESS DENIED
  • Options
    princekollinprincekollin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Isn't one a tholian crystalline sword and the other a shattering harmonics crystalline sword?
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The refractive Bulwark shield is your friend, easily the best if not one of the best ground shields in-game.

When upgraded to UR it gets a [Rev] mod, when upgraded to Epic it gets a [Cap]x2 mod.

The Rifle isn't a slouch - it does cold damage and is effectively a [CritD]x2 weapon. The 2pc decreases the cooldown of your secondary fire modes by 15%.

Use your combat armor of choice and you're good to go.
    T93uSC8.jpg