test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

bug? - new winter event equpment canot be buyed on any char.

czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
i cant buy them on any of my chars, my old veterans or event completly new which today visited winterland for first time.
anyone have idea why ?
and yes, they are lvl 59/60 chars.
Post edited by czertik123 on

Comments

• Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    All new items ( the greyed out ones ) require you to run the " tides of ice " pve to unlock items, some unlock after one play, some after five runs and, the warpcores require ten runs.
    Double click on a new item and, it will tell how many runs of " tides of ice " you need.
    Now go grind!!!!!

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They made it so the new items are only opened/unlocked after you play the new Tides of Ice event a few times.

You need to run the event up to 10 times (at least) in order to open up the store to buy the new items. And the event only runs once an hour so...

As a result, I personally will not be bothering getting any of the new stuff aside from the ship. No shiny warp core to finish off the set, no new snow weapons, no new clothes. Dumb system if you ask me, but I'm getting used to this kind of thing since DR launched.

Thankfully, old items don't require this method.

Ninja'd :)
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited December 2014
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    All new items ( the greyed out ones ) require you to run the " tides of ice " pve to unlock items, some unlock after one play, some after five runs and, the warpcores require ten runs.
    Double click on a new item and, it will tell how many runs of " tides of ice " you need.
    Now go grind!!!!!

Hope this helps.

whew... thought it was either a bug, or a "get a breen ship" requirement, thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Ninja'd :)

Yeah, by how many previous posts in how many threads - including posts from devs? :P
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    These "runs" should be done per char or account?

ps: ok, just tested it, and it's per char...
  • Options
    czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    Now go grind!!!!!

Hope this helps.

where to find these tides of ice ?
    i can accpet that dews will put here reqirememnt taht you eed to run tides of ice ONCE - so taht at least you can apreciate thier effort for this content, but why multiple runs ?
    puting another grind tio game when EVERYONE is compalining on endless grind in game ?
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    czertik123 wrote: »
    where to find these tides of ice ?
    i can accpet that dews will put here reqirememnt taht you eed to run tides of ice ONCE - so taht at least you can apreciate thier effort for this content, but why multiple runs ?
    puting another grind tio game when EVERYONE is compalining on endless grind in game ?

The entrance to Tides of Ice is next to the path up to the competitive race. ("Fast & Flourious, I think.)
  • Options
    vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That sucks, i thought it was also a bug. I guess iam not going to be grinding for that then.
  • Options
    kiloacekiloace Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The sad thing is I was probably going to play tides of ice aat least 10 times anyway (its pretty fun) but the fact that the devs continually try to control the community through the grind and reinforce this notion of mistrust makes me want to just stop playing.

The only reason I won't is because 1 person won't make much difference, especially one that isn't paying for the game anyway.