test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't change hat color

metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
Just got the hat and you cannot change the color. Just thought some would like to know. If you want a gray knit cap for males then get it.
Post edited by metaphorgrande on

Comments

• jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2014
    Yes you can, but it's not intuitive. The color selector for the hat is not on a bar directly next to the hat in the tailor, it's further down the selection window. There should be multiple color channels so you can tint it all kinds of holiday madness.
  • metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks so much for the reply. Time to get to it.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How do you put on the Hat anyway ... can't find anything ... not even under Hairstyles ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2014
    Off-duty uniform.
  • mouertemouerte Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Looking for it too?
    edited December 2014
    jheinig wrote: »
    Off-duty uniform.

I know ... but where ...
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Choose the Head Editor,

At the Top is a Dropdown, that says "Uniform"

Change it to Off-Duty Outfit
    edited December 2014
    primar13 wrote: »
    Choose the Head Editor,

At the Top is a Dropdown, that says "Uniform"

Change it to Off-Duty Outfit

Yeah that's still not the problem ... already there ... I'm either missing something, or it's bugged for Talaxians ...
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    No hat showing up on my Talaxian. Head category only has Humanoid and the Khan wrap thing.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited December 2014
    No hat showing up on my Talaxian. Head category only has Humanoid and the Khan wrap thing.

That's probably it ... thx ... fix pls ...
  • mouertemouerte Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Fund it thx, but for noting cant use my beard I normaly use on that toon with hat :(
  • alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'd really like to know why this hat is Off-Duty only when the other winter items are not, and why it drastically reduces the facial hair options for male characters and keeps me from using my eyepatch.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Well Talaxian might be the issue, lest see what heinig has to say, but that would be my guess
    edited December 2014
    Also, for the record, if you're going to make something off-duty only (silly to begin with) then it's probably best to not make the picture for it being worn on characters with Starfleet Duty uniforms on...

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff233/khamseen_air/winter_hat_zpsc2bf91be.jpg~original
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • zodinko1zodinko1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Also we don't have all the beard options when wearing the hat, we can only use mustaches and goatees
  • rochfordrochford Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have bought the hat and unpacked. Changed the slot to off duty under head and looked under head attachment and there is nothing there.

Am I doing any thing wrong?
    edited December 2014
    rochford wrote: »
    I have bought the hat and unpacked. Changed the slot to off duty under head and looked under head attachment and there is nothing there.

Am I doing any thing wrong?

It's supposed to show in Head Category, not Attachments. From what I understand anyway, I can't confirm that as it doesn't show on my character at all.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's supposed to show in Head Category, not Attachments. From what I understand anyway, I can't confirm that as it doesn't show on my character at all.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

In any event, there's no good reason why it's restricted to off duty when my other winter gear is not. And for the record don't take that statement as anything resembling a good reason to make the winter coats suddenly off duty only. You guys over restrict uniform options enough as it is.

In any event as a human I haven't seen the hat under any option. I'll try again.

EDIT: Thanks everyone, I finally found it. Under head there's a head and hats option. Convoluted if you ask me. In any event, once you select that mode, you get hats under head attach, at the cost of some facial hair though also weird. Please fix this Cryptic. Heck I might like to have an officer that wants to wear a hat. They could be an alien whose head gets cold easily. Or a human for that matter.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    ...In any event, once you select that mode, you get hats under head attach, at the cost of some facial hair though also weird. Please fix this Cryptic. Heck I might like to have an officer that wants to wear a hat. They could be an alien whose head gets cold easily. Or a human for that matter.

Umm... Yeah. Why is the facial hair options so limited? Clipping, I suppose... But really, I have a beard, my main has the same beard, and I want to wear a hat, but have to loose the beard?!?

Not cool. Maybe it's to keep people from making Full-Blown Santa Toons?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock