test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Aim mode w/ Middle Mouse Button broken

lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Today patch broke something with the Middle Mouse Button keybind. When clicking the Middle Mouse Button to engage Aim Mode, you stay in Aim for about 1 second, or less, and you pop right back out. The 'X' keybind for Aim Mode works just fine. And if in Aim Mode via 'X', pressing the Middle Mouse button does not exit Aim Mode at all.
Post edited by lordfuzun on

Comments

• Options
    trekkerchicktrekkerchick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Glad to know it's not just me. It was driving me nuts...
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Try mapping the Aim mode to the action: "Middle press".
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    kthangkthang Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kelettes wrote: »
    Try mapping the Aim mode to the action: "Middle press".

Still doesn't work. And yes, I am glad it was not only me as well.
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have this bug, as well, and can confirm: It is ONLY for the Middle Click keybind. All other keys work fine. Tickets #2,922,264 and #2,926,604.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Yeah for some reason it appears to have unbound anything connected to the middle mouse button. Rebinding via the commands instead of the menu seems to fix it. I use the middle mouse button to toggle my throttle in space and it unbound across all of my characters with that patch for some reason. I tried setting it via the menu to no avail, but using the chat commands to rebind it did work.

/bind Mbutton whatevercommandyouneedittodo
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    psygn0sispsygn0sis Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Actually it's the whole middle mouse thing not working, I mapped my auto run to it and double click sprint and they don't work on any of my alts.
    CLR.png
  • Options
    lirokailirokai Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I didn't realize how long it had been since I did a ground mission until the Winter Event started.

Middle mouse aim no workie. No idea how they could break that after years of it working.
  • Options
    generaljestergeneraljester Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Middle click didn't work for me so i tried middle press and worked htis was about a week ago and i been good since so have a play about with whats what make sure your slotting it as the secondary button so column next to x or r dependent on space or ground bind as it sorted both my aim back out and engage and disengage engines also
  • Options
    lirokailirokai Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That worked, thanks so much! I thought from the name it would mean I would have to hold down the button to aim, but it toggles just fine with that.

Had no idea how much I missed that until it was gone. :) Thanks again!