test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Q's Winter Wonderland Event Returns!

Comments

• starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Please bring back the old nano pulse colours.

Pretty please... :)
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If I may offer a bit of feedback, oh most wondrous of Q:

I'm not a fan of the text-on-image nature of these blogs. Perhaps its the old code-monkey in me that likes speed over flashiness, but having to wait for needlessly large(file-size) images to all completely load before I can even read what is going on is a real turn off.

(.png is a great format for preserving raw assets, but .jpg at 90% can drastically reduce file-size/load time with a very minimal/almost unnoticeable loss of quality.)
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited December 2014

And Ferengi Yoda to celebrate the new Star Wars movie. :D
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited December 2014

You stay away from my elitist exclusive blue weaponry!

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Q wrote: »
    Congratulations Dear Mortals,

My latest blog is now live, and it is positively masterful! My delightful minion Trendy has packed so much Winter fun into this blog that I expect most of you to explode in a fit of Holiday wondermeant.

New Weapons, including weapons with cold abilities to be used outside of the Winter Event will be available for the first time in STO history!

Make sure to get yourself a pack of Gingerbread guards, Abominable Mugato friends and of course, new winter jackets!

I'm afraid I cannot spoil anymore of this news, so click here to read to news!

You are welcome my dear mortal friends, most welcome indeed.

Graciously yours,
    Q

Am I understanding correctly that ornaments would be the currency required for the gear such as the warp core, or would there be other required inputs as well, similar to (for example) if I wanted a Counter-Command warp core?

BTW, Q, you are SO busted. You should try not to post directly before or after the Cryptic staff member whose body you have apparently taken over. That's twice in a row now and I know who you are. I can see that smirk on your face. ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Was kind of surprised the nano-pulse color wasn't Red this year.

Between adding to the Xmas colors and rounding out the StarWars Saber colors, I thought this would be a given.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i'm really disappointed; I was interested only by the new clothes; and what we get? the same old clothes with other colors; a 5 minutes job in photoshop :(

no winter event for me
  • robyvisionrobyvision Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i'm really disappointed; I was interested only by the new clothes; and what we get? the same old clothes with other colors; a 5 minutes job in photoshop :(

no winter event for me

Thats great! Right? :D
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    gulberat wrote: »
    Am I understanding correctly that ornaments would be the currency required for the gear such as the warp core, or would there be other required inputs as well, similar to (for example) if I wanted a Counter-Command warp core?

The warp core will come with the ship along with the 3rd console.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Are you so certain? Sounds like you'll buy the core from the event store, now. You can't mount singularity cores on normal ships and normal cores on rom ships. It mentioned both types of cores could be earned.

Sounds like you'll farm like crazy for the cores.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Everyone loves new toys! Finally some that we can keep using after the event. :) I guess I still have some storage space for last year's trinkets; I must say though, the Winter Park is some of the most fun I've had in STO, despite the fact that it has minimal relevance to the franchise. :o
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2014

This. Times blue and red and purple.

...and orange.
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I was hoping to see a new version of the winter jackets..... not just a new color. :/
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    HATS!

Nuff said.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mli777mli777 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Quick question Q: Are you Q, or Q? Or are you Q? :P
    If you are Q, how disappointed are you that your Son's extravaganza in State of Q was removed?
    USS Canada
    N.C.C. 171867
    Sovereign Class
    Saint John Fleet Yard
    "A Mari Usque Ad Mare"
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Are you so certain? Sounds like you'll buy the core from the event store, now. You can't mount singularity cores on normal ships and normal cores on rom ships. It mentioned both types of cores could be earned.

Sounds like you'll farm like crazy for the cores.

This was the impression I got as well and why I was trying to get a feel for exactly what the required inputs are. The other thing I will also need to see is how the set bonuses work now that a 4th piece is being added.

That stupid race for the Sarr Thein is not happening...which means that its trait, which could potentially help my Vesta, is out of the question. IF the warp core is reasonable and does not require paying any money, that might at least let me get something out of it since I have 2 pieces of the Breen set already (bit of a hybrid build going on on my ship).

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    HATS!

Nuff said.

I'm all for Hats as long as the game doesn't turn into another Team Fortress 2 and everyone gets carried away with... HATS!!! lol :cool:

I WANTZ HATZZZZZ!!!!! :D
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014

My latest blog is now live, and it is positively masterful! My delightful minion Trendy has packed so much Winter fun into this blog that I expect most of you to explode in a fit of Holiday wondermeant.

New Weapons, including weapons with cold abilities to be used outside of the Winter Event will be available for the first time in STO history!

Make sure to get yourself a pack of Gingerbread guards, Abominable Mugato friends and of course, new winter jackets!

Graciously yours,
    Q

Some of the rewards sound good. I just hope the prices are ALT friendly.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • QQ Member Posts: 252
    edited December 2014
    Clarification:

The kit modules cannot be used for the winter wonderland combat events? Or are they excepted from the usual limitations?

The Winter Weapons can only be used in my Winter Wonderland, and the Winter Kit Modules can only be used outside of my snowy paradise.

I hope this clears things ups for everyone!

Clarifyingly yours,
    Q
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Graciously yours,
    Q

Awesome. Kind of bummed we got the bomb instead of a Breen Cryo Mortar, but we did just get mortars in our Rep, so it does do a better job of filling a gap.
    The warp core will come with the ship along with the 3rd console.

Doubtful. I don't remember Breen Ships coming with Singularity Cores, and unlike the Ancient Obelisk set this one does have a Singularity Core to include Warbirds in the set. ;)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
    edited December 2014
    gulberat wrote: »

BTW, Q, you are SO busted. You should try not to post directly before or after the Cryptic staff member whose body you have apparently taken over. That's twice in a row now and I know who you are. I can see that smirk on your face. ;)

Why what a clever little humanoid you turned out to be.

I shall have to do something about that....

Ornaments are indeed what you will require, but speaking of that handsome Smirk, perhaps if you want to know more you should plan to view his Winter Wonderland Livestream tomorrow at 6PM PDT.

I'll place a link here for you to make it simple. Don't want to exhaust those investigative skills of yours, now do we?

Innocently yours,
    Q
    edited December 2014
    mli777 wrote: »
    Quick question Q: Are you Q, or Q? Or are you Q? :P
    If you are Q, how disappointed are you that your Son's extravaganza in State of Q was removed?

We are all Qs in Westeros.

Oops, there I go again jumping across genres.

The one and always,
    Q
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Snarky Q is best Q. <3

Unrelated: I just realized that we could use some fuzzy parkas as a costume option.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • antman9173antman9173 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm hoping they stick to the ALT-friendliness and have it so that if you already have the ship it only takes 40 photos for the rest of the account like with the summer event...
    edited December 2014
    Doubtful. I don't remember Breen Ships coming with Singularity Cores, and unlike the Ancient Obelisk set this one does have a Singularity Core to include Warbirds in the set. ;)

The Anniversary ship came with the cores for the Solonae set. When Romulans opened them they also got a Matter/Anti-Matter core placed into their inventory to make use of on non warbirds. With any luck, the same will apply here.

I hope that's the case, because I have no intention of grinding out the ship, plus the core for 15 characters haha.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • pghjim15210pghjim15210 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nice jackets. I was hoping to see the women in my fleet running around in epohh fur bikinis, but maybe they'll add those next year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ADB Staff Officer
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    edited December 2014

The Winter Weapons can only be used in my Winter Wonderland, and the Winter Kit Modules can only be used outside of my snowy paradise.

I hope this clears things ups for everyone!

Clarifyingly yours,
    Q

I hear the Tholians plan on going on strike after hearing about these new modules.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The Anniversary ship came with the cores for the Solonae set. When Romulans opened them they also got a Matter/Anti-Matter core placed into their inventory to make use of on non warbirds. With any luck, the same will apply here.

I hope that's the case, because I have no intention of grinding out the ship, plus the core for 15 characters haha.

Ahhh, that would be wonderful. I admit to having skipped the Anniversary Event in its entirety. It took place before they added the account discount mechanic to the Events, and I wasn't about to bother with doing the full grind ad nauseum, so I simply opted out of that and the DSD-pack... why purchase an incomplete set? Here's hoping they do include both the Warp and Singularity Cores with the ship, though. I'm right there with you in not wanting to grind the thing for every character I've got. :)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
    edited December 2014
    Ahhh, that would be wonderful. I admit to having skipped the Anniversary Event in its entirety. It took place before they added the account discount mechanic to the Events, and I wasn't about to bother with doing the full grind ad nauseum, so I simply opted out of that and the DSD-pack... why purchase an incomplete set? Here's hoping they do include both the Warp and Singularity Cores with the ship, though. I'm right there with you in not wanting to grind the thing for every character I've got. :)

Yeah to be honest I only ran that one with all of mine at the time because they had the 400 qmendations for running the featured mission which saved me 10 days of running around talking to presents. If they hadn't I would have skipped too haha. So glad they've seen the logic in letting us only have to grind it out once and then a single run for alts.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited December 2014

They were made available in the Reclaim Tab of the Special (formerly Dilithium Store). I don't see why it wouldn't work like that here as well.

And why would you have to grind it out on fifteen characters? One unlocks and the other fourteen do it for one race each.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.