test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Now that we have cats as pets...

sussethraisussethrai Member Posts: 137 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Federation Discussion
Any chance we can port the various fur patterns to Caitians and Feresans? When I first made my Caitian, I wanted a tabby fur pattern, but only solids were available. If the Trill can change their spots, what about the feline races? Tabbies, Siamese, cheetah spots, long-fur variants should all be available.
"Susse-thrai" had been the name bestowed upon her, half in anger, half in affection, by her old crew on Bloodwing; the keen-nosed, cranky, wily old she-beast, never less dangerous than when you thought her defenseless, and always growing new teeth far back in her throat to replace the old ones broken in biting out the last foe's heart.
Romulans: left one homeworld, lost another, third time's the charm?
Post edited by sussethrai on

Comments

• Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don´t think that would/should be possible. Caitians are like Tigers or Jaguars and not cats. You will never see a Tiger with the fur pattern of a Domestic cat.

Trill have differnt Spots like Humans have different Freckles or Skin color but thats a whole different Species
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don´t think that would/should be possible. Caitians are like Tigers or Jaguars and not cats. You will never see a Tiger with the fur pattern of a Domestic cat.

Trill have differnt Spots like Humans have different Freckles or Skin color but thats a whole different Species
    But jaguars and leapords have different patterns, and so on and so on. I agree, i would love to see stripe and spot for Caitians/Ferasans.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    mm06360mm06360 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    yes, please.

More styles and maine choices wotuld be nice.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Don't forget we have eepohs and snowmen now.

...and gingerbread ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Technically (or more specifically, nerdily :P) Caitians ARE cats, space cats. M'Ress was supposed to be a large humanoid cat. The 'tiger' race you are thinking of are Kzinti (by Larry Niven). Cryptic kind of 'kit-bashed' the two together in order to avoid copyright issues with Mr. Niven.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A thread already exist for this. Please post here. Thank you.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I want the various color patterns from feathermonkeys available to the various primate races while we're at it. I want an orange-feathered human.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sussethrai wrote: »
    Any chance we can port the various fur patterns to Caitians and Feresans? When I first made my Caitian, I wanted a tabby fur pattern, but only solids were available. If the Trill can change their spots, what about the feline races? Tabbies, Siamese, cheetah spots, long-fur variants should all be available.

No, cats are the work of the devil!
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?