test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How the hell do you craft the omni-arc beamers?

stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Duty Officer System and R&D
Seriously. I spent months leveling my beam school to 15 the long way, only to get there, get all the crafting mats and components I need, and hell I still have one character that has the R&D common doffs, and it refuses to load. Please tell me this is a known bug and not working as intended, because from what I can gather I need to buy another ******n doff for the sole purposes of crafting this one item which I was lead to believe I already had the doffs I required?
Post edited by stofsk on

Comments

• Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The required DOff has to have a specialized crafting school (aka to craft the Aegis set requires school with the DOff given to those who had maxed the old crafting). DOffs with the special schools *may* be given out with the Xindi pack, the crafting material request at SFA/KA, or (as I mentioned) you got that Aegis specialization DOff if you had the old crafting maxed.

I have no clue what the school is to craft the special beams though.

EDIT: Just a few posts down - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1314981 .
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Thank you for the reply. I just had to vent a little, make sure I'm on the same page as everyone else (i've kinda been away from the game or at least I've not been up to date with everything that's new).

I am... very unimpressed by the R&D system, to say the least.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thank you for asking though because I have four schools at level 14 and have not cared until this thread about crafting the neat stuff.
  • Options
    bbushwookiebbushwookie Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just did the same thing. 3 schools just hit 15, other 4 are at 14. went to build the Particle Emission Plasma torp and, i don't have the special doff. Sooooo i either hope for RNG god to give me one after a 2 day wait each, or spend a ton towards Xindi lock boxes and pray for one? Just want to make sure I am not missing something.
    Space chatter is soothing~
  • Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You can buy the required common DOff off the exchange, as per this reddit post:

http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/2dscos/level_15_crafting_doffs_get_schooled/

Failing that, if you want omni beams, send me the components and mats, and I'll craft it for you (no extra fee) - my user handle is Zhang@sumghai
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    chuckingramchuckingram Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So, this amounts to ANOTHER way to force our wallets out. Enough. I won't spend another dime on this game and I'll sharply reduce my play time. Ease up Cryptic, before many more people get the same idea.
  • Options
    bbushwookiebbushwookie Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sumghai wrote: »
    You can buy the required common DOff off the exchange, as per this reddit post:

http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/2dscos/level_15_crafting_doffs_get_schooled/

Failing that, if you want omni beams, send me the components and mats, and I'll craft it for you (no extra fee) - my user handle is Zhang@sumghai

Thank you sir
    Space chatter is soothing~
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    So, this amounts to ANOTHER way to force our wallets out. Enough. I won't spend another dime on this game and I'll sharply reduce my play time. Ease up Cryptic, before many more people get the same idea.

Quit yer whining Buck Rogers, you don't have to spend real money. But you will have to use another rare commodity around here: patience.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yet ANOTHER post that shows the glaring need for a complete infodump. One shouldn't have to go to reddit or the sto wiki to find this **** out. It's absurd.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Some of the common R&D officers aren't that expensive on the exchange these days. Many sell for less than 100,000 EC these days. Check there first.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Even if there was an info dump, I'd still check the Wiki for that information ... because it's the Wiki.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    After spending millions of EC to purchase two Doptids, I finish a requisition R&D assistance doff assignment and get a doff with the beam R&D school.

Sigh.
  • Options
    ironchefbbqironchefbbq Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yet ANOTHER post that shows the glaring need for a complete infodump. One shouldn't have to go to reddit or the sto wiki to find this **** out. It's absurd.

If they aren't going to provide an info dump, you can take a look at Everything you need to know about R&D Crafting and Upgrading for the collection of what we know about this 'system' so far.

Or we can just keep answering the same handful of questions a couple times a week forever and ever because people don't use the search function anymore.
  • Options
    generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If they aren't going to provide an info dump, you can take a look at Everything you need to know about R&D Crafting and Upgrading for the collection of what we know about this 'system' so far.

Or we can just keep answering the same handful of questions a couple times a week forever and ever because people don't use the search function anymore.

Which, by the way, iron, is a nicely compiled piece of work. I didn't want to say anything in that thread yet in case you have more posts you want to reserve.

Generator
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • Options
    ironchefbbqironchefbbq Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Which, by the way, iron, is a nicely compiled piece of work. I didn't want to say anything in that thread yet in case you have more posts you want to reserve.

Generator

Thanks. Feel free to comment, ask questions or fill in holes.
  • Options
    atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited December 2014
    Using a crafting doff does not bind them to you so....

Buy a purple doff, craft till content, sell said doff. You can even make a profit on the resale.