test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

plasmonic .... confused

olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
ah, this is not a passive console right ... if you equip it, something should show up in your ability list to activate it? no? or is it automagic?
Post edited by olliereport on

Comments

• decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It is a passive console. However do not use one of the Omega shields with it as they overwrite each other, though I can't remember which one it was someone else will.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's a passive and you can see its effect when hovering over a weapon tooltip on the power tray. It cancels out the MACO shield conduit link so they should not be used together.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • c0ldwint3rc0ldwint3r Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It is a passive console. If you equip the plamomic leech in a consoleslot of your ship, it drains all 4 subsystems of the enemy and add the power to your subsystems. The only thing you have to do is to attack the enemy with energy-weapons, not torpedos.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Plasmonic_Leech#Plasmonic_Leech :)
  • olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited December 2014
    thanks. wow, no wonder everyone wants it. I wouldn't have guessed it was passive.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    thanks. wow, no wonder everyone wants it. I wouldn't have guessed it was passive.

I have some from when they were relatively cheap (4-7M). Despite it being an incredible useful console the cost (40M last time i checked) is a bit over the top.

A cheaper option is using the breen set with build in energy siphon or teach energy siphon to one of your science boffs.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i was so close to get one the other week, was out by mere 200k, then the next day the price jumped and i wasnt about to chase that greedy target. i hope the prices come down so i can buy one for my excelsior :P such carnage and chaos with bfaw on full power non stop!!
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    decronia wrote: »
    It is a passive console. However do not use one of the Omega shields with it as they overwrite each other, though I can't remember which one it was someone else will.
    It's a passive and you can see its effect when hovering over a weapon tooltip on the power tray. It cancels out the MACO shield conduit link so they should not be used together.
    Is that both the MACO Shields?

I was thinking about equipping a Plasmonic alongside the Adapted MACO Shield, the reason I ask...
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yes, the Plasmonic Leech is a passive console and the asking price has been increasing over time. I bought one for my Fed Engineer during the summer. It only cost me about 30 million EC. Last time I checked the price ('cuz I want it for my other Fed toons) it was at around 48 million.

KDF toons do not need to worry about buying it from the Plasmonic Leech from the Exchange. All you need to do is buy the T3 Vandal Destroyer for 1,500 Zen (less when on sale). Once purchased your KDF toons can claim and dismiss the Vandal multiple times so that you can get enough of them to install on all your ships. Only one Leech can be installed per ship. If you have 4 KDF toons and each toon has 10 ships, then the one time purchase will allow you to install a Plasmonic Leech in each of your ships for a total of 40 'em. I bought the Vandal for my KDF toons before DR was launched.

The Flow Capacitor captain skill increases the amount of energy you can drain and transfer to your sub-systems
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    flash525 wrote: »

I was thinking about equipping a Plasmonic alongside the Adapted MACO Shield, the reason I ask...

It's just the normal MACO shield. Adapted MACO is good to go with a leech.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited December 2014

within 2 seconds of shooting at a mob my power levels jump from 125/60/60/60 to 125/75/75/75 (approximately, for both sets).

Remember that you want flow caps to get more from this console -- if possible I recommend all points in captain skill & a good deflector.
    Note that it is critical to amping (getting over 75 in all 4 power levels combined with [amp] fleet warp core for damage bonus).
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    It's just the normal MACO shield. Adapted MACO is good to go with a leech.
    Thanks! :)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
    edited December 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    I have some from when they were relatively cheap (4-7M). Despite it being an incredible useful console the cost (40M last time i checked) is a bit over the top.

A cheaper option is using the breen set with build in energy siphon or teach energy siphon to one of your science boffs.

Its a good day to be a klingon!

The one borg shield is like a leech-lite. I use that on my poor, neglected fed toon that can't get a free leech.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    noroblad wrote: »
    Its a good day to be a klingon!

On my Klingon i have it as well.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited December 2014
    its not totally passive

you have to be shooting things for it to work
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • wykinwykin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wonder if this console is viable for a torpedo boat with a single omni beam?

It would take longer to build energy up but the big question is if the power stack gets refreshed every time a new stack gets added?
    If not a single beam is likely a bad idea.
  • hroothvitnirhroothvitnir Member Posts: 322
    edited December 2014
    flash525 wrote: »

Actually from what I remember they are a terrible combo together.
    When I last checked (pre Dyson) the leach effect or the Maco set effect would exclude the other, and they excluded by first apply. Such as if you hit with a weapon and leech procs you gain from leech but exclude Maco. And the other way around if you get the Maco set pro first.

It should be tested again to see if that behavior has been altered unintentionally by a patch since then but I remember the intended effect from Devs is " One or the Other".
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »

KDF toons do not need to worry about buying it from the Plasmonic Leech from the Exchange. All you need to do is buy the T3 Vandal Destroyer for 1,500 Zen (less when on sale). Once purchased your KDF toons can claim and dismiss the Vandal multiple times so that you can get enough of them to install on all your ships. Only one Leech can be installed per ship. If you have 4 KDF toons and each toon has 10 ships, then the one time purchase will allow you to install a Plasmonic Leech in each of your ships for a total of 40 'em. I bought the Vandal for my KDF toons before DR was launched.

And it should also be pointed out that KDF toons also includes KDF aligned romulans (since its only a T3 ship that you need to claim). That's a real boon to science characters (a very needy department in the ROM) and one people should consider when deciding their faction.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited December 2014
    wykin wrote: »
    I wonder if this console is viable for a torpedo boat with a single omni beam?

It would take longer to build energy up but the big question is if the power stack gets refreshed every time a new stack gets added?
    If not a single beam is likely a bad idea.

Leech does not really work like that.
    You attack someone, and after shooting your power spikes pretty quickly to its new max. If you keep shooting, it will stay that way. Omni is fine. I do not know if a torp will start the console or not, never tested it on a 100% torp ship.

Anyway, it is not a stack, it is binary (on or off). If you shoot, you have more power for a "while" (10 seconds or so roughly).