test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Q's Winter Wonderland Event Returns!

QQ Member Posts: 252
edited February 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Greetings fair Mortals!

It is I, the omnipotent bringer of joy, Q, and this year I am so pleased to present to you the return of my wonderful Winter Event and all its treasures.

It's time to be festive and to celebrate! You are formally invited to join me in my fabulous Winter Wonderland! I have it all - your favorite games and activities are back along with me! We have snowball fights, races, gingerbread warfare, pie eating, and even assimilated snowmen! Come join me starting this Thursday (12/4) as we kick off the festivities.

It's so hard to believe that one of your year has gone by, as time as you know it means nothing to the Q. Which of course you may well have heard from those blessed enough to have encountered my glorious presence before.

For those that haven't enjoyed my parties before, well your paltry existences have just improved immeasurably! Over the next three short days, you will learn more about my winter extravaganza for all it's glitter and pomp, as well as the new dangers that await you.

From Winter Events past you should be ready with your cold weather gear as you mortals call it. I know many of you already have your Frosted Boots, and it thrills me to know how many of you wear them outside of my glorious winter wonderland as you race at speeds never meant for desert terrain, or your shiny new Earth Space Dock. Make sure to bundle up in the latest winter fashions with colorful scarves and winter jackets as well. I would hate to think of sending any of you to sickbay to deal with those meddlesome doctors you are so fond of.

Make sure to arm yourselves with the best in winter weaponry, as you will need it against an all new foe I have concocted to test your strengths. I do so find it amusing to see my favorite toys enjoying this most joyous of seasons together.

Make sure to stop by for pie and treats, and save those ornaments for more goodies this year!

Keep a watchful eye for the upcoming blogs that will bring you all the details you mortals are so feverish for.

We'll be posting new pictures of my amazing party in our official media section here, so be sure to keep your eyes on it!

Starting today! Make certain you to stay tuned for tomorrow, as we show off the great rewards you can snag during the festivities!

Winter Event Overview
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9007533

Winter Event Prizes - All the details you have been waiting for!
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9007963

Winter Event Ship - What fantastic vessel will you mortals think of next?
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9008423-q%27s-winter-wonderland-carrier

The Art of the Winter Event - Such beauty requires it's own gallery!

Coming Soon!

I shall see you on Earth Space Dock, New Romulus Command and glorious First City very soon to begin these festivities. Come speak to me for a quick jump to the event, and give me a reason to change you into a plethora of wonderful little critters!

Enjoy the Winter Event my wonderful little mortals!

Omnipotently yours,
Q

Post edited by Q on

Comments

• ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Read this in John de Lancie's voice. It was glorious!
  • birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ssargon wrote: »
    Read this in John de Lancie's voice. It was glorious!
    You have to! =)
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can I haz a cookie now?

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Q wrote: »
    I would hate to think of sending any of you to sickbay to deal with those meddlesome doctors you are so found of.
    Which will be negated and erased from history because Q can and will do that and I'll seem silly, but I'm still gonna point this out.
  • thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have to admit - even this was kind of fun to read. :D

Loved its' presentation! Love the RP factor kinda thing.

(Even though there will be a grind, hopefully it won't be too rough...)
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    An other blog about ready the next blog !!!
  • morden613morden613 Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Of course, Q makes typos and grammar mistakes - he's an omnipotent being, not an English teacher. ;)
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Definitely looking forward to this. Hopefully the winter enemies won't be running at the absurd levels the rest of the game is at or people are not going to have any fun at all. I like Breen ships! :cool:
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Like the style you presented it in this time! Actually eager to see what's up next, especially regarding the ship.

Also, WTB Breen Uniforms for this event. You've already allowed us to get Jem Hadar, Voth and Hirogen sets, so come on! :D
    @MGoblin256

"[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    You'd think since Q is omnipotent that he'd manage to get his posts to show up in the Dev Tracker after all this time.

Looking forward to the event, though mostly just because I have three new toons since last year and I really want frosted boots for them haha. The ship could be nice, we'll see.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Greetings fair Mortals!

It is I, the omnipotent bringer of joy, Q, and this year I am so pleased to present to you the return of my wonderful Winter Event and all it's treasures.

Q, good to see you again! I do wonder though why your post is missing from the Dev Tracker. Surely something as paltry and insignificant as not being a developer yourself isn't enough to stop your post from appearing in such a noteworthy place?
  • QQ Member Posts: 252
    edited December 2014
    Which will be negated and erased from history because Q can and will do that and I'll seem silly, but I'm still gonna point this out.

Why whatever do you mean?

*blinks you into an Epohh*

Mwahahahahaha

• captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The young Romulan lady looks as if she's about to tear that epohh to pieces. A bit like Wednesday Addams, no?
    I need a beer.

edited December 2014
    canis36 wrote: »
    Q, good to see you again! I do wonder though why your post is missing from the Dev Tracker. Surely something as paltry and insignificant as not being a developer yourself isn't enough to stop your post from appearing in such a noteworthy place?

My reputation for being unconventional is known for a reason.

But, never say I have not given you mortals what you desire. I know how important it is for you to know my whereabouts at all times on this strange little plane of existence.

Therefore...

*blink*

...come and find my posts now dear mortals.

Oh how I have missed the adoration of your Starfleet types. And oh look, you have brought your Klingon and Romulan friends.

Such a joyous thread!

Omnipotently yours,
    Q
  • adamofnodadamofnod Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This blog says, the old Breen ships will be back...
    Geko in the latest P1 says they won't.

Who do I believe? Q or The Lizard King?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The young Romulan lady looks as if she's about to tear that epohh to pieces. A bit like Wednesday Addams, no?

....yeah she does have that look in her eye....

"It's a Winterland Epohh!"
    "But aren't they extinct?"

"They are now."
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Excellent. I have my gumdrop shotgun and snow flamethrower ready to shoot some snow Borg.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Fantastic posts, Q. Of course, I wouldn't expect anything less.

Is it December 4th yet?!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I can tell Trendy and Smirk had fun working with Q. Or is that vice versa?

Say it, Trendy and Smirk. Say it.

"Q is the most wonderful being I have ever known."
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If you're gonna point that out, I think I'm gonna be brave and point out his incorrect use of "it's". :o
    edited December 2014
    I can tell Trendy and Smirk had fun working with Q. Or is that vice versa?

Say it, Trendy and Smirk. Say it.

"Q is the most wonderful being I have ever known."

Out of all the obscure little mortals out there, Smirk & Trendy are indeed some of those I know.

They are delightfully hard working and they adore my every syllable.

Aww if only all mortals were as ready to obey my commands, I wouldn't need all this fantastic power I have.

Thank me that I do.

Omnipotently yours,
    Q
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Why whatever do you mean?

*blinks you into an Epohh*

Mwahahahahaha

Definitely one of your more innocuous choices. ;)

I enjoy this for being the one time of year where if I provoke you enough times I can get him to make my Devidian toon show his true form and not just his shapeshifted human disguise, seeing as no one has created a Devidian holoemitter overlay that I am aware of yet...

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • captwilhelmcaptwilhelm Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So now apple is doing iCeborgs... I always suspected they planned to take over the world :P
    Pre-forum change name: Captain Wilhelm

Thanks Cryptic for introducing the Kelvin Timeline. It remembered why I decided to never more put any money on this game.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Out of all the obscure little mortals out there, Smirk & Trendy are indeed some of those I know.

They are delightfully hard working and they adore my every syllable.

Aww if only all mortals were as ready to obey my commands, I wouldn't need all this fantastic power I have.

Thank me that I do.

Omnipotently yours,
    Q

The Demons of Air and Darkness laugh at your shenanigans.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • gorillachopsgorillachops Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thumbs up to Trendy; that was an excellent set of release notes. It's so rare that I ever say anything nice to the devs, I think i'll make an exception. :o

It looks truly great. Please convey my thanks to the art team and programmers.

Might I ask if the recipies will be making a return?

And the lady who seems determined to convince me that the words 'Epohh' and 'Friend' can indeed be juxtaposed together without me having to destroy a small part of Lanchashire in retaliation?

dabelgrave wrote: »

^Still waiting for this on Broadway. . . ^
    giphy.gif
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Snowverlord? Oh lawd, this blog.

Great post, great art for the post.

And my oh my somebody at Cryptic has been watching Frozen a lot.

http://puu.sh/d7gKa/043f9fa0d1.png
    http://puu.sh/d7gXW/6e29544b70.png

Looks great.

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/fc/b1/fcb154888cade7e8f7d7853d11a572821417148081.png

'dat aurora

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ice Borg...

:D
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Please, please, please get rid of the flags at the end of the races and bring in some tech to detect who actually finishes in which position after crossing the line!

Thanks
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I'm just glad I can just log in and get the ship on day 1 this year. No grinding for me.
This discussion has been closed.