test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Doff Mission "Finishing" delay, another slap in the face.

dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
With all the grinding required in this game Cryptic gives us another slap in the face by making it take up to 5 minutes for our doff missions to "Finish" when we log in.

This make it now a real headache to log on to set the doff missions on alts. This is no accident. They realized that NOONE plays the game anymore, but some of us still doff waiting for them to fix the game so we might want to play in a year or so. And in 2-3 years we would actually have enough dilithium to buy gear...
Post edited by dpsloss88 on

Comments

• xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think that's not by design but just their usual, shoddy work.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And the thread title is a perfect example of why the devs don't listen to the forum.....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited December 2014
    And the thread title is a perfect example of why the devs don't listen to the forum.....

This was addressed a hundred times over in a polite manner, with no acknowledgement so far.
    I for one am fed up and don't care about the Dev's feelings anymore.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dpsloss88 wrote: »
    They realized that NOONE plays the game anymore,
    I know at least 1 person still does (Me).
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, they should have left it the way it was, with Klinks unable to complete doffing assignments. Nobody plays as KDF, anyway.
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This particular.... thing.... has been in here ever since the doff revamp. It is not 5 minutes, but still, to wait one minute is annoying. However, like mentioned above, this has been adressed 5748 times in a more polite way. Yet it has not been changed. To go talking about a "slap in the face" is not gonna help then.
  • vhorash85vhorash85 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Here is your answer:
    I checked with our software engineers to see if this behavior was a bug, or intended. What I learned was that this new behavior was introduced as a means to improve server stability for all players on a map.

Without this delay, we found that having a single player container load the completion data for as many as 30 or so different Assignments (including R&D) put a noteworthy strain on the map they were loaded into. If you had multiple players doing this at the same time, that load became concerning very quickly.

So, it is an intended feature, and currently working as intended.

That said, we will investigate if it can at least be tuned a bit. The current wait time is, I believe, 5 seconds between processing each completion. There is a chance that we can reduce that window. I can't make any promises, but it will be investigated.
    edited December 2014
    vhorash85 wrote: »
    Here is your answer:
    So, it is an intended feature, and currently working as intended.

He sounds almost satirical.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited December 2014

If they respond to criticism based on emotion instead of logic then they wouldn't be very good at their job....Oh I think you stumbled on something! (Just kidding because it seems to be greed not indignant outrage behind most of the changes in DR).
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vhorash85 wrote: »
    Here is your answer:

Thanks for finding it again. I didn't remember where to find it, but I knew it.

Mustrum "Hey, who is this new guy/gal, and would he/she/it be willing to join the Cryptic Defense Force" Ridcully
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dpsloss88 wrote: »
    With all the grinding required in this game Cryptic gives us another slap in the face by making it take up to 5 minutes for our doff missions to "Finish" when we log in.

This make it now a real headache to log on to set the doff missions on alts. This is no accident. They realized that NOONE plays the game anymore, but some of us still doff waiting for them to fix the game so we might want to play in a year or so. And in 2-3 years we would actually have enough dilithium to buy gear...

Well played, OP. Well played. :D