test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

R&D upgrades not working..

higherfivehigherfive Member Posts: 30 Arc User
I've been having a problem upgrading panels. In a nutshell there seems to be a programming glitch when trying to upgrade from rare to ultra rare / ultra rare to epic (meaning I put all the technology research into a project to improve a panel and it came out the same as it started..). It has happened to me three times & at least five times (latest last night) with another friend/fleet member. Having gotten to the point when upgrading from xiv rare to xiv ultra rare I've had considerable experience using the R&D system. Meaning I've farmed the mats. & converted them into appropriate components then into research technology a lot and when doing upgrades I know what I should end up with (not to mention the game shows you). The first time it happened I had a normal countdown timer for the project to complete - when I clicked the completed project the panel came out the same. The last 2 times there was no count down to complete the project. After I put in all the technology and got over 100% in that regard, I clicked to start the project it completed instantly but the item remained unchanged. My friend reports an identical problem.

I was hoping after it happened that PW would simply upgrade the panel(s) in question after I made tickets on the issue. Such did not happen & according to the statement from PW while making the ticket - due to high volumes of tickets you may not get a response.. - I took my problem up the food chain to a GM. I don't find it necessary to include my message to the GM Kalos who responded. Again in a nutshell though he(?) tried to help, this problem was outside his domain & directed me here. I searched around for similar issues in forums I couldn't find any.. though I find it extremely unlikely that my friend and I are the only one's experiencing this problem.

This problem is a game changer to me.. I understand with such a total revamp of the R&D system there are bound to be bugs. To survive in this game to play on an advanced or elite level you need to upgrade. If these upgrades are not working and all the prep. time & mats. are wasted in the effort - why am I here?! I am not looking for a reward, just the appropriate credit (ie - panels upgraded) for time & materials spent. Each time it happened I made a ticket & included a cut/paste of the item that failed to upgrade. My friend who is German communicates well in English but has difficulty writing it and has yet to make tickets on the items that have failed upgrades, what is his recourse?

Bottom line I have no intention of playing/paying for anything in this game (except to refine Di) until this serious problem gets fixed. Just let me know when things in this regard gets sorted out I'll come back..
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Did you pay attention to the bar at the bottom? It's the odds of getting a rarity increase....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • higherfivehigherfive Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There is a chance for a crit. which has happened on 2 or 3 occasions. I did not think it possible to completely fail an upgrade..

I'll break it down into a specific example if you have panel (x) which is a rare xiv. When you go to the upgrade panel it shows you what it should turn into (from xiv rare to xiv ultra rare). I know it possible to crit. & basically skip to the next tier better (to gold/epic), but is it possible to complete fail and the panel remain a rare xiv? That is a very, very big question for me to which my future in the game depends..

If you are saying that it is possible to put in all that time & effort into a project that it might completely fail would be another reason for me to leave this game behind.. That to me is an epic waste of time.. Though I appreciate your response please clarify that so I know.. I'll just close the book and move on.. If that's the way it works, I don't want any part of this game anymore..
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If it's at xiv then yes it can fail. It adds the chance of improvement on to your next try until you do eventually succeed. But it can be a huge money pit.
  • higherfivehigherfive Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Holy cow.. I've got an answer - tyvm! Friend sunk 400k of refined Di to try upgrade a panel to epic - failed..
    Well they just lost me.. for good.. that is epic bs! PW / Arc whatever got a bit to greedy for me & I've been playing STO for almost as long as it's been out.. I'm going to warn others of the possibilities before I go though.. My fleetmates can make there own decisions mine has been made.. Best wishes to those who put up with it..
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I wouldn't worry about getting epic stuff... you don't need it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
This discussion has been closed.