test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just got back and.....

naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Ten Forward
Recovered after my hospital operation, got back and it feels like i walked into a graveyard. Not just PvP, i mean everything is dead.

Not even the HOBO's could have done this much damage to this game (Just friendly banter, nothing personal guys :P )

I guess GG Cryptic....
Post edited by naz4 on

Comments

• mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My single post-50 character is still only at level 55 and all I do each day is log in, start my crafting dailies and log off. Maybe play a Borg Red Alert if it happens to pop up during these minutes.

Maybe I should spend more time in Unity3D. I guess if one wants STO-style space combat, one has to do it oneself.
  • dius1981dius1981 Member Posts: 500
    edited November 2014
    naz4 wrote: »
    Recovered after my hospital operation, got back and it feels like i walked into a graveyard. Not just PvP, i mean everything is dead.

Not even the HOBO's could have done this much damage to this game (Just friendly banter, nothing personal guys :P )

I guess GG Cryptic....

Welcome back nub...;)

D,
    OMEGA ARMADA & House of Beautiful Orions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please keep the QQ to a minimum.
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
    >>>Positive Feedback from a PvE HERO<<<
  • brle1950brle1950 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The game is in perfect balance right now :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    From right now till the end of January is the now make it or break it time for the devs.....oh and devs just a little advice if your reading this...........take Christmas day off but work like dogs to fix the other stuff dont even take new years day off because while you may say "lordy my life isnt my job" fair enough but if you don't fix this stuff you wont haVE A JOB AND YOUR QUALITY OF LIFE WILL REALLY BE WORSE THEN ......YOU SAVVVVVVY?
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Welcome back Naz! some of us are still here :D
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mancom wrote: »
    My single post-50 character is still only at level 55 and all I do each day is log in, start my crafting dailies and log off. Maybe play a Borg Read Alert if it happens to pop up during these minutes.

Maybe I should spend more time in Unity3D. I guess if one wants STO-style space combat, one has to do it oneself.

Kick starter it and i'll sposor - I know Jorf is working on it...
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Kick starter it and i'll sposor - I know Jorf is working on it...

Bet he'll have a working leader board before an actual playable game. That's a good thing though. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mancom wrote: »

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/11630
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Welcome back, man.

Sadly the game has gone to the toilet in your absence, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Excellent article. There seemed to be a tone of uncertainty though. In particular, the following;

"... Few players will be the top twenty in the world..."

That's some crazy deep thinking there. I've worked up a spreadsheet on it and as far as I've come up with so far there will be NO MORE THAN twenty at any given time.

I'd post that info right in their own comments section, but they seem to allow ' only positive, constructive comments' setting a higher standard for comments than authors is...different.
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Heeei welcome back Naz, nice to see you again :) We are trying to stay in the pvp scenario, but atm Cryptic is really really toxic towards pvpers, sadly... :( Some of the new intel stuff are not counterable, so ppl are really starting to leave if nothing will change...
  • lordcuttersladelordcutterslade Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi Naz,

I don't know what you're talking about Naz...:confused:

The game is flourishing and they just opened the new Club 47.

#bestlaunchever

So ye, everything is perfect besides some minor bugs and only a handful of players leaving the game.

The Devs even helped us by increasing the XP rewards from missions.

Official Dev Quote for you Naz:

"While there are a lot of numbers changing, we have taken extra care to make sure that the speed at which players level up will remain the same as it is now."

Yes brilliant isn't it? You only need 160 000 XP now to level up after you hit level 60, if you want 1 specialization point.

The pvp/pve queues are super busy these days which shows that it's literally the best launch ever.

Welcome back Naz!
    [SIGPIC]Everything is awesome![/SIGPIC]
  • bwemobwemo Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bet he'll have a working leader board before an actual playable game. That's a good thing though. :)

Priorities of Jorf Trek Online:

1. Foot Pedal Support
    2. Leader Board
    3. Rest of Game
    edited November 2014
    bwemo wrote: »
    Priorities of Jorf Trek Online:

1. Foot Pedal Support
    2. Leader Board
    3. Rest of Game

http://www.gamingmouse.com/gaming/fragpedal/quad/
    edited November 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/FCB1010.aspx

Just need someone to write software for that instead. lol

http://xkeys.com/xkeys.php

I still picture folks having their own little thing - each working a separate BOFF - somebody running helm - somebody running weapons...wheeee, STO Party with a projector and alcohol.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You just got back Naz...and boy are your arms tired! :P

I just did as well, started playing again just the other day.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited November 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »
    You just got back Naz...and boy are your arms tired! :P

I just did as well, started playing again just the other day.

Yep, that makes two of you out there now...can hit up the Challenge and have a blast. Don't forget to create the rules for the Naz-Mimey Tournament first - oh, oh - make a thread for it so we can all participate that way without having to log in!
    edited November 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PQtjfJW_eI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atijpy_7STM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXapXwl1bF8

C'mon, get fired up - fired up - get fired up!

Then let me know what game you guys are playing. ;)
  • c1cer0c1cer0 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    WB to Stun Trek Online
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    c1cer0 wrote: »
    WB to Stun Trek Online

lmao :D... good laugh :).

welcome back naz, i hope u fully recovered :).
    edited November 2014
    Health comes first and I'm glad you feel well again! The state of PvP is now depressing so

sometimes to satisfy my fanatic Fed soul I watch again "that video"...;)

"Best in the game my f...ing A.." Priceless!:D

Joking evul HOBOs...you know I hate/love you!

That was just for you my friend :)
    c1cer0 wrote: »
    WB to Stun Trek Online

I heard....
    wast33 wrote: »
    lmao ... good laugh.

welcome back naz, i hope u fully recovered :).

Thanks

Sad thing is, i logged on, looked at a few things, quick maths and sadly thought "Not any more".
    edited November 2014
    Hi Naz,

I don't know what you're talking about Naz...:confused:

The game is a graveyard and they just opened the new Club 47.

#bestlaunchevermya***

So ye, everything is wrong besides some major bugs and lots of players leaving the game.

The Devs even screwed us by increasing the XP rewards from missions.

Official Dev Quote for you Naz:

"While there are a lot of numbers changing, we have taken extra care to make sure that the speed at which players level up will make you loose the will to play the game."

Yes horrendous isn't it? You only need 160 000 XP now to level up after you hit level 60, if you want 1 specialization point.

The pvp/pve queues are super dead these days which shows that it's literally the worst launch ever.

Welcome back Naz!

I thought i'd help you out a bit. There, reads much more accurately. :P How you doing bud?
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Thanks

Sad thing is, i logged on, looked at a few things, quick maths and sadly thought "Not any more".

sad thing is many good old players already seem to have left or only play casually. also it's some more of divided now since not all players got their toons to lvl 60 yet (as me) while some others lurk on 60 lol.
    who's left to pwn me xcept the dudes on my friends list and some others lol? just stay, soon it'll be hobo online otherwise :eek::D:rolleyes:...

not that one not could understand... may just smile and leave it as it is.... i can't yet :D
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I only login to STO in the morning to start some DOFF and rep projects on my one active toon. My other six toons are standing in the same spot they were standing the day before DR, with the same stats they had at the time. The rest of my gametime goes into leveling mechs in MWO. They really broke this game hard.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    for the last week after completing all the rep grind, ive just loged in to run 20 hour crafting projects, and maybe que up if there's a few brave souls in the ques. pretty hard to competes with all my mk12 gear, when gold mk14 is basically the equivalent of purple mk20, and my measly 13-18 spec points per character at most, i cant even properly use my intel ships.

wont ever do more then that again unless it gets about 10 times easier to level specialization, and upgrading ESPECIALLY WEAPONS gets cheaper. how close does this game need to get to literally dead before the leveling rate at DR launch gets rolled back too? it was still a hellish slog even when we had tau dewa teaming. everyone but the artists and content designers needs to be fired, this game isn't playable anymore.
    edited November 2014
    wont ever do more then that again unless it gets about 10 times easier to level specialization, and upgrading ESPECIALLY WEAPONS gets cheaper. how close does this game need to get to literally dead before the leveling rate at DR launch gets rolled back too? it was still a hellish slog even when we had tau dewa teaming. everyone but the artists and content designers needs to be fired, this game isn't playable anymore.

Its true... even "broken" teaming before was painful. Most people didn't sit there for 20+ hours to complete it. Running that boring stuff for an hour or two was the most sane people could handle.

All well, on the plus side I had forgot how much I like EvE. Something to do till ED... and if that game isn't what I/we hope I guess. A combo of Eve and some fantasy mmo or other will do. Only thing I miss about STO are the people I met playing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Given up on STO completely. I just log in semi-regularly to do reps, playing the exchange and dil refining. Not even DOFFing anymore.
  • grandpadxxgrandpadxx Member Posts: 342
    edited December 2014

I guess GG Cryptic....

Welcome Back Dude..

Regards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    T'lilu SCI. / Dxxdavid TAK. / STO Inner Circle
    *** R.I.P. ***