test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tholian issue INVESTIGATING

markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
I'm not sure, but the some of the Tholian mobs seem a bit OP.... most notably the Tholian Lt Cmd 04 mob. Yeah, My foundry character isn't as well geared as a "real" character, but she's a reasonably well specced level 51 character with mk11 gear. (though she is using a legacy kit)

It's possible that the issue is a lack of radiation resist, since that's what Tholians use, but.... some Tholian mobs aren't like that. The Lt Cmd 01 mob is a cakewalk. In my testing I was using Nanite Health Monitor and getting KOed so fast I couldn't even tell if it was working.

I'm not really sure why. Something was definitely off, I tried having them fight other AIs of the same rank and it was so one-sided it was ridiculous. The other AIs (and I tried several) got annihilated so fast it wasn't funny. I tried fighting some other AIs of that rank and it was hard, but it wasn't THAT hard.

Oh and Tholians seem to lack weapon effects when reskinned now. They do this body glow animation when firing, but you don't see an energy beam.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
My character Tsin'xing
Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    I'll take a look. Thanks for the report.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    I was able to clarify the issue with reskinned Tholians not having attack FX.

The Tholian Ens Lt Cmd 04 (4 Ensigns, 2 Lieutenant, and 1 Commander) is a tough group, but when pitted against other equivalent groups they are not over powered. Some they beat handily, and some they get beaten by easily, while others show a near fight. They stomped Borg and Voth, were stomped by Vaadwaur and Bluegills, and had a near victory with only the Commander alive at 50% health against TOS Klingons.
    STO QA Team
This discussion has been closed.