test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Refining Dilithium Weekend

glorthoxglorthox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
The title says it all. How about a weekend where the player can refine all the Dilithium they want for just that weekend. It would give players the opportunity to upgrade things, make reputation gear and or fleet gear, and maybe see a ship upgrade through the exchange system. As it stand right now, people have large amounts of unrefined Dilithium and can only refine 8500 a day. I honestly believe if people had access to more, they would probably stay logged in for longer periods of time. STF queue's are still dead because of the lousy hard mode, so why not let people have a dilithium refinement weekend. You all might see a large surge of players log on for that weekend.
Post edited by glorthox on

Comments

• xparr15xparr15 Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This would destroy the STO economy. No thanks.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'll give my standard response to this thread - no.

And in greater detail: Really no. More dilithium does not equal more value, it simply devalues all dilithium. Right now it is 159. With your plan it would be at least 300 if not 400. Meaning you need twice as much dilithium to buy the same thing. At least your plan is only a weekend not permanently.

Secondly, I have never understood the need to rush refining. I have the vet extra 1000 and have not used it once.

During the dilithium weekends I bank usually 240,000 per character. Sounds good? That's 1 month. Then it's all refined. There's at least 3 months between dil weekends. What's the rush?

I also have some 5 million refined under these draconian standards of 8000 a day. On 4 real characters played roughly equally.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• glorthoxglorthox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    At this point in the game, all there is left to do is upgrade things and that is once a day ( maybe )
    So I just sit on the 360k+ unrefined dilithium because people are so wrapped up in the exchange? As the game stand right now, it very very grindy and zero things to look forward to. So if logging on just to refine and log off is meant to be fun, then the game has degraded so much since it began.
  • killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You could make an alt and double your dil capabilites. (I'm refining 24,000+ daily right now)
  • glorthoxglorthox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am so sick of people telling me i need to make an alt to refine more dilithium. That makes the game suck that much more. A never ending boring grind. And with DR being already a total grindfest, there is no way in hell I want to even level another character.
  • vagiusvagius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    glorthox wrote: »
    I am so sick of people telling me i need to make an alt to refine more dilithium. That makes the game suck that much more. A never ending boring grind. And with DR being already a total grindfest, there is no way in hell I want to even level another character.

The alternative is to buy zen and sell it on the exchange for dilithium - This is actually the method Cryptic would prefer you use, and the reason for the cap in the first place. The entire f2p business model these days is designed around making the game in question boring and grindy unless you pay in. This is why the refining cap won't budge, ever.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No thanks, it would destroy the game.

You need more Dil, get some alts busy on getting dil and converting it. Each of my characters are busy converting dil.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • biersteinbierstein Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm kinda new here and haven't seen it yet but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "not this thread again."
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited November 2014
    I know I know the answer...
    No
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bots would abuse this too much.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Cryptic has already put in place for people short of dilithium, it is called the dilithium exchange, all you need to do is purchase some zen and then use the dilithium exchange.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Actually this isn't a bad idea...if one thing was changed... rather than unlimited refining during the weekend, how about 50% extra refining...12k per toon rather than 8k, for 3 days over a weekend.

It would get people back and playing (esp if it was AFTER a dil event) and may help with the deserted queues...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    glorthox wrote: »
    The title says it all. How about a weekend where the player can refine all the Dilithium they want for just that weekend. It would give players the opportunity to upgrade things, make reputation gear and or fleet gear, and maybe see a ship upgrade through the exchange system. As it stand right now, people have large amounts of unrefined Dilithium and can only refine 8500 a day. I honestly believe if people had access to more, they would probably stay logged in for longer periods of time. STF queue's are still dead because of the lousy hard mode, so why not let people have a dilithium refinement weekend. You all might see a large surge of players log on for that weekend.

I can just imagine that seeing as I'm currently sitting on several million unrefined dilithium ore. Add to that an almost equal amount of refined dilithium. And I can see the zen market sky rocketing. Because no doubt there are people in the game far better of than I. So good idea.... nope. But like someone else has said maybe a increase comparable with say that of the mark event. But them again knowing cryptic they'll probably nerf the rewards for something else.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!