test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Caitian Intel Bridge Officer? Why no Borg, Aenar or Cross-faction?

willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Federation Discussion
With the release of DR we can all now get us some Caitian Intel Bridge officers. So if we can wait till Levl 50 we don´t have to buy them anymore and save some ZEN

but why only CAitians? Would it not be the perfect timimg to give us some other Races than the Normal TRill, Tellarite, Andorian and so on?

Why not some Aenar Intel officers (if the Caitians are for "free" now they should be too) or Borg, Liberated or cooperative. Or finalyl some Cross-Faction BOffs like Remans, Orions, Gorn for Feds and Trill, Tellarites and Andorians for Klingons (and for Romulans allied with either side)

Obviously it is no problem to have defected Jem`Hadar, Breen, Voth or Hierarchy officers on your bridge.
Post edited by willamsheridan on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There is already a :Liberated Borg Romulan Intel Bridge Officer for the Romulan Republic. It is one of the Bridge Officers that players received for getting the Delta Quadrant Ops Pack. Probably has to do with the fact that Romulans have only 2 races to pick from so they had to go with Liberated Borg for the third.
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wait, how'd we get Caitian intel boffs?
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Frankly, I see the new Caitian Intel BOffs for...200 Dil (yes, seriously) on the BOff 'vendor' (under Intel) to be a bug.

I mean, they normally cost 500 Zen. Each. And now you can get them for 2 Zen (based on conversion rates)? Yeah...that's an issue.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    somebob wrote: »
    Frankly, I see the new Caitian Intel BOffs for...200 Dil (yes, seriously) on the BOff 'vendor' (under Intel) to be a bug.

I mean, they normally cost 500 Zen. Each. And now you can get them for 2 Zen (based on conversion rates)? Yeah...that's an issue.

i dont think its a bug.

the quality of the BOff isn't purple its actually common.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    True, but the differences in non SRO BOffs going from white to purple is minimal at best.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    lilithene666lilithene666 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Or finalyl some Cross-Faction BOffs like Remans, Orions, Gorn for Feds and Trill, Tellarites and Andorians for Klingons (and for Romulans allied with either side)

Would be quite fitting to see that given that the war is supposed to be "over" and given that they are only common anyway I don't really see the harm in it.
    31zGn5b.jpg
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Because Caitians are better.

JK.

Probably because Caitians fit the "stealthy" approach more than some of the other species.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Probably because Caitians fit the "stealthy" approach more than some of the other species.

So they go and build a whacking great carrier that happens to look like a massive dong in space? :P

j/k
    I need a beer.

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So they go and build a whacking great carrier that happens to look like a massive dong in space? :P

j/k

You people have some dirty minds.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    gwassalorgwassalor Member Posts: 164
    edited November 2014
    Caitian intel boff is imho useless for anything except show. It's a white boff and it does not have any space trait. So for space you want to choose white human intel boff instead for the leadership trait and for ground you want to avoid all these white boffs all together. You want purple boffs with superior traits.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The devs revealed that we're gonna be able to convert BOFFs to hybrid specialization BOFFs eventually.
  • Options
    dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    The devs revealed that we're gonna be able to convert BOFFs to hybrid specialization BOFFs eventually.

You know that devs revealed years ago that we[re gonna be able to convert our First Officer BOff to captain and fly with second ship from our hangar as NPC support? And where is it?
    As long as mentioned mechanic doesn't hit live it's only devs empty promises which can change every hour.
  • Options
    lordkhoraklordkhorak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You people have some dirty minds.

Well they certainly have some strange personal lives if they think the Atrox is a giant space-TRIBBLE, that's for sure. Especially since it has some rather prominent backwards facing spikes on the front.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lordkhorak wrote: »
    Well they certainly have some strange personal lives if they think the Atrox is a giant space-TRIBBLE, that's for sure. Especially since it has some rather prominent backwards facing spikes on the front.

Just like an actual feline?
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    dkratasco wrote: »
    You know that devs revealed years ago that we[re gonna be able to convert our First Officer BOff to captain and fly with second ship from our hangar as NPC support? And where is it?
    Nice cherry picking. You know as well as I do that the devs actually gave us a great deal of things that they told us they want to do. Besides, the example you cherry-picked is sort of an ultimate goal for them, and they'd rather be releasing much more important things.
    As long as mentioned mechanic doesn't hit live it's only devs empty promises which can change every hour.
    Can you demonstrate that they explicitly said that they "promise" it to us?
  • Options
    dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Do you remember such things as "Ask Cryptic" or "Engineering report"/"State of the game"? It's where it was promised by Dan Sthal and later by Rivera and than again by Sthal.

Want more? Ok from almost day one they promise us new PvP engine, and all we get by 4 years are two new maps and P2W.

"Fixed" bugs returning with every major patch, some of them aren't even fixed from the beginning.

Craft lottery...aw sorry it's called R&D, put online in alpha stage (not even beta) which as Rivera said they will keep working on. And yeah they work on it. it stays same way for half a year.

Private chat channels bugged, they said it's investigated and even fixed... 2,5 year later I still can't unmute people.
  • Options
    lordkhoraklordkhorak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sohtoh wrote: »
    Just like an actual feline?

I have no adequate rebuttal, and must concede.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wintiemintiewintiemintie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What annoys me is the fact I can't get Ferasans for basically free KDF side, since Fed can get Caitains for free. ( 400 dil is pretty much free imo. )

I mean srsly. Let me have my full team of ferasans for my away team.
  • Options
    mm06360mm06360 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Because Caitians are better.

JK.

Theat is until...

OOOH shiny!

*bats at an oriment on a x-mas tree in Q's winter wonderland*
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Do you remember such things as "Ask Cryptic" or "Engineering report"/"State of the game"? It's where it was promised by Dan Sthal and later by Rivera and than again by Sthal.

Want more? Ok from almost day one they promise us new PvP engine, and all we get by 4 years are two new maps and P2W.

"Fixed" bugs returning with every major patch, some of them aren't even fixed from the beginning.

Craft lottery...aw sorry it's called R&D, put online in alpha stage (not even beta) which as Rivera said they will keep working on. And yeah they work on it. it stays same way for half a year.

Private chat channels bugged, they said it's investigated and even fixed... 2,5 year later I still can't unmute people.

I guarantee a list of things the devs promised that actually have happened would be considerably longer.