test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - November 24, 2014

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.46.20141109b.11

General:
  • Resolved an issue where Klingon captains purchased the Shuffle Dance emote and received an item in their inventory that did nothing.
    • The item should now unlock the Shuffle Dance emote.
  • The Club 47 event has been extended to 10:00 AM PST on 11/28/14.
  • Resolved an issue which made the Pathfinder look white when the camera was zoomed far away from the ship.
    • This also includes players viewing other players with the Pathfinder.
  • Resolved an issue which would cause the Gateway to crash when attempting to log in.
  • Resolved an issue which would occasionally cause a map to crash.
  • Infected: Manus PVE queue is available:
    • Resolved an issue where the Upload Virus task would not complete in Advanced mode.
  • Resolved an issue on ESD near the ship vendor where the ceiling appeared lower when standing next to Malcolm Sissel.
  • Resolved an issue causing inconsistencies with the lower half of Female swimsuits.

Known Issues:
  • Gold and Ultra Rare Duty Officers do not correctly improve Success and Critical Success chances on assignments.
  • Gamepads are not functioning as they previously did before the launch of Delta Rising.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• Options
    razorwalkerrazorwalker Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
  • Options
    antep01antep01 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yop we need a XP fix,this Sucks like Hell.

It Took me 2 days without Special System Grind to get me 1 Special lvl,when u a Casual Player u need 1-2 Weeks to get a lvl and the Grind form lvl 50-60 is more then Hell.

2-3 Weeks to get from lvl 50 to 60 is a Joke and dont wanna know how Long a Casual need.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Caitians and Ferasans have a bug where tails do not appear with the new club wear.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Still no xp fix? Nice work cryptic.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They have time until late wednesday to add additional fixes but since it is thanksgiving we probably won't see a XP fix.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,185 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think that the xp problem is intentional. It was never put on Tribble to test, so I think it was a sneak xp Nerf that was made to look like there was no change that would affect us.

Unless one of the developers said somewhere that they messed up. But with how they want to Nerf our progression, and drag out how long we stay in the game, I can't see that this is a mistake at all.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Until you double the XP game wide, or half the required XP for each rank. Nothing else you post is of relevance.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, keep crying about how long it takes you to level up. That'll make them fix it. Get the **** over it already. So it takes a long time to level up. So what? There's plenty of stuff you could be doing I. the meantime, like saving up all the dilithium and resources you'll need to start buying lvl 60 ships and equipment.
  • Options
    zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    On Holodeck none of my KDF captains are able to use the new club wear. If I create a new uniform or modify an existing one, the club wear category only shows up if I have the tailor show unowned costume parts. If I leave unowned costume parts showing I can select the club wear shirt, and all of it's normal options, but the pants are stuck on formal pants and unselectable, basically like I said I can't use the new Club Wear outfit on my KDF captains.

All three of my KDF captions, two aliens and one Orion male. The rest of the characters on my account KDF Allied Romulan, Federation Allied Romulan, and Federation captains can still use the new club wear uniform though.

I'll list my KDF characters that can't use the new Club Wear, all three of them are at level 50 or above.

Ngubist@Zebulon_Giles Male Alien level 51 Science

Arlen@Zebulon_Giles Male Alien level 51 Engineer

Krinnin@Zebulon_Giles Male Orion level 52 Tactical
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    ghyudt wrote: »
    Yeah, keep crying about how long it takes you to level up. That'll make them fix it. Get the **** over it already. So it takes a long time to level up. So what? There's plenty of stuff you could be doing I. the meantime, like saving up all the dilithium and resources you'll need to start buying lvl 60 ships and equipment.

I already have level 60 ships and equipment. But considering I've played 15 hours in the last two days and not gone up one single grade to gain another spec point on the 110 spec point slog, that's an issue in my mind. You're welcome to your own opinion, but don't try and tell me to shut up for having mine.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I'm much more interested in seeing xp fixed at this point.
    I already have level 60 ships and equipment. But considering I've played 15 hours in the last two days and not gone up one single grade to gain another spec point on the 110 spec point slog, that's an issue in my mind. You're welcome to your own opinion, but don't try and tell me to shut up for having mine.

This, I might not care for the level 60 ships or the new gear much, but telling people to shut up over their gripes is pathetic.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No reversal of Rivera's XP hissy fit? Silly Cryptic. Five weeks of this foolishness. What are you thinking?!
  • Options
    giveroffacialsgiveroffacials Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No Xp fix? I'm not even bothering to log on.
    Space the final frontier. These are the voyages of [your name here] on a five year mission to gain one level after the delta rising xp nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    squadalaxdsquadalaxd Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    FIX THE GOD DAMN XP!!!!!

Jesus Crist are you even listening to the players forums you *******s.
    Queues are dead as ****
    15k to next xp point??????????????
    500xp per Elite run from dead queues.
    Nice job. Fricking sigh....
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They said you couldn't burn through the new content (which I'm pretty sure meant the Specialization system), and such systems like this are designed to take awhile, so I imagine... it's perfectly fine

I certainly think it's okay, because I don't need all Specializations right now, for one character or all ten of my current ones; that can be done overtime by playing as I normally do
    squadalaxd wrote: »
    FIX THE GOD DAMN XP!!!!!

Jesus Crist are you even listening to the players forums you *******s.
    Uh, the forums are only 3-5% of the playerbase, most of which are a vocal minority who scream at everything/anything the devs do.

And besides, telling them to do it like that isn't gonna make them listen - reasonable ('actual' reasonable) talk will, but only to listen; anything else is up to them.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    etherealplanesetherealplanes Member Posts: 414
    edited November 2014
    ghyudt wrote: »

Well for hardcore pvp players it does make the difference. Maybe there is plenty of interesting stuff for a ****head noob like you to do but for pvpers this game has turned into a joke.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well for hardcore pvp players it does make the difference. Maybe there is plenty of interesting stuff for a ****head noob like you to do but for pvpers this game has turned into a joke.

PvP in this game was a "joke" long before D.R. hit, so insulting others because you're pizzed-off ain't cool dude.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    XP is not important !!!
    Yesterday we were only two players of my team connected, I had never seen it
    Qapla'
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    On Holodeck none of my KDF captains are able to use the new club wear. If I create a new uniform or modify an existing one, the club wear category only shows up if I have the tailor show unowned costume parts. If I leave unowned costume parts showing I can select the club wear shirt, and all of it's normal options, but the pants are stuck on formal pants and unselectable, basically like I said I can't use the new Club Wear outfit on my KDF captains.

All three of my KDF captions, two aliens and one Orion male. The rest of the characters on my account KDF Allied Romulan, Federation Allied Romulan, and Federation captains can still use the new club wear uniform though.

I'll list my KDF characters that can't use the new Club Wear, all three of them are at level 50 or above.

Ngubist@Zebulon_Giles Male Alien level 51 Science

Arlen@Zebulon_Giles Male Alien level 51 Engineer

Krinnin@Zebulon_Giles Male Orion level 52 Tactical

I have no idea if this will help you or not but my KDF sees them as a dropdown selection under the Formal Wear tab.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    pwespockpwespock Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    1. we need a change to the actual xp state
    2. more space q's on elite (like cristalline catastrophe, infected, cure, khitomer) space would be nice
    3. we need updates to the existing space elite q's:

3.1 improve hull on frighters in the benthan frighter part of korfez so that you have better
    chances to keep them alive or lower the enemy torpedo dmg, so that frighters aren't instantly
    destroyed when hitted by a torpedo

3.2 have a look on hive space elite
    3.3 have a look on the optional in vicious cicle elite
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Resolved an issue which would occasionally cause a map to crash.

i would like to know what maps you mean is it the new patrol missions?

as others have said XP is way too grindy e.g before DR i loged on for up too 5 hours a day at lest 6 days a week. but since DR the most i play is 2 hours and over the last week ive loged on 4 days.

Please stop making this like all them facebook games that i would not play if my life depended on it.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    caenethcaeneth Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Please fix the XP for the game and grouping. If my Fleet is any indication you must have figured out that your current XP "fixes" are driving people away from the game. I would sorta like to keep playing but in its current form not going to happen. :(
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    rob2485 wrote: »
    if you played 15 hours and didn't gain at least 3 spec points you are doing something wrong.

In that exact time frame, I gained 4 points myself. OFC this all depends on what you are doing, I myself was doing Argala system patrols over and over. Thankfully I am finished with all 3 specialization trees until they add more in the future haha.

Yeah, I'm sorry but I'm not going to play one damned patrol mission on repeat. You should be able to level doing all content, not grinding yourself into boredom from doing one patrol system. I was playing a combination of content. Undine and Voth battlezones for the marks I needed and Dil, ISA, BHE, UIE, UAA, KSA, etc.

During that 15 hours, I levelled two tier 6 ships to tier 5 mastery yet didn't gain a single spec point. In my book, that's just not right.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They did fix it. They doubled the requirement for each level and increased XP for each kill so basically they patched something to do nothing.

However, I finished the specializations last night. It is not as difficult as you guys are making it seem. It is however, very time consuming and takes a lot of patience.

They TRIPLED the requirement for each level, increased the end-of-mission XP payout by slightly less than the factor they increased the level requirement and the XP for each kill is unchanged.

Don't let the truth get in the way of your point though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I totally agree with you, but cryptic said that going from 50-60 wasn't going to be easy.

I guess they were not joking and to add insult to injury and salt to the wound, they increased skill points, and then doubled the leveling requirement which almost balances itself out. Basically a patch for no reason.

Yeah, I'm not really saying I want it to be 'easy'. But let's face it, 15 hours of game play where you're doing constant queued missions should get you at least one spec point. I'm not levelling from 50-60 as I'm already at 60 (thankfully I got my second 60 before the nerf, my other 13 alts are dead to me now) and I actually find it irritating that they keep referencing that range because really it's not 50-60, it's 50-110.
    XP for each kill has changed I know because I farmed Argala from the moment I unlocked it and watched everytime they tweaked it. If you read last week's patch notes that is exactly what they said. They also added points at mission completion.

I'm sorry to say it, but the patch notes don't match the data we're collecting in the XP thread. A lot of us had been doing Argala and similar patrols before and after the nerf and the amount of XP gained has not gone up at the same level as the amount of XP required. They did mention in a dev thread last week that XP rewards in all Delta Patrol missions would be getting doubled (sadly that didn't make it into this weeks patch) but still, this ties players to having to grind Delta Patrols and I personally think that's a **** way to get players to play the new content. Especially when we still need the older content for the Rep systems, Fleet Marks, etc.