test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Transfer ships between characters?

gentooraxgentoorax Member Posts: 43 Arc User
Is it possible to transfer ships you've purchased between your characters? If so how do you do this?
Post edited by gentoorax on

Comments

• Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    gentoorax wrote: »
    Is it possible to transfer ships you've purchased between your characters? If so how do you do this?

If you purchased the ship using Zen then your other characters will already have access to it if they are at the appropriate level.

If not, then I'm afraid the answer is no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Only ships purchased through the C-Store are useable for multiple characters. Any ship you're using from a lock box, an event, or from a fleet purchase you cannot use on another character without purchasing it for a second time.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited November 2014

If you bought a ship from the C-Store, using Zen, it unlocks to all your characters in that Faction.

Example: You buy the new Intrepid class ship on character 1, who is a FED. . Character 2 and 4 are also FED. They can claim the ship as well. Character 3, being KDF or Rom cannot use it.

If you purchase the ship with dilithium, lockbox or energy credits, it is good only for that character. Once opened, it cannot be claimed by anyone else.

Ninja'd twice. I need to stop typing when I'm tired.
  • Options
    astimingpyleastimingpyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    For clarity, the above posters are correct, but it is important to note that they are referring to "type of ship" rather then a "specific ship." You cannot transfer a specific ship from one character to another even in the case of the characters being on the same account. So if you have, let's say a C-Store Avenger (not fleet), which you've geared up and maybe even renamed, that specific ship cannot be transferred to another character.

However, any new character you create on that same account will be able to claim the same type of ship that you've purchased from the C-Store, meaning when your new characters reach the appropriate level for a C-Store Avenger they can claim it for free; no purchase required. This "claimed" ship will come with what ever name the game gives it, and standard white gear. It is the same type of ship that you've purchased for your first character but not the same specific ship.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If anyone else would like to say the exact same thing as my post, please feel free to join in.

It's fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    astimingpyleastimingpyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    Only ships purchased through the C-Store are useable for multiple characters. Any ship you're using from a lock box, an event, or from a fleet purchase you cannot use on another character without purchasing it for a second time.
    js26568 wrote: »
    If anyone else would like to say the exact same thing as my post, please feel free to join in.

It's fun!

It seemed to me that your answer is saying that your other characters will have access to the same ship, rather then a different ship of the same type. I just wanted to make it clear that it is not a transfer of a ship, its a different ship of the same type that you can claim for free.
  • Options
    czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i will just to special consoles fro c-ships. They can be used on ANY ship unless specified - like tachyon detection grid limited to only nebula class ships or cloaking device usable only on few ships (defiant, gal x).
    Here is no limit on special consoles to ship, so it is posible to have ships with 5 or even more special consoles form ships, but that will at expabse of combat power of that ship setup.