test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

star trek first contact

beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
not sure if the right forum section but wow i forgot it came out today in the theaters 18 years ago O_O glad i saw it release day ^_^

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    not sure if the right forum section but wow i forgot it came out today in the theaters 18 years ago O_O glad i saw it release day ^_^

me to, though i have just finish watching it on Netflix, arguably one of if not the best Star trek film.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They could have done something, like they did for TNG and gave us the sash/Worf hair. Like for example Cochrane "hat" (no idea how that's called)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And here come the people who didn't like First Contact....
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not me, I kind of think it was the last good TNG film, the rest were kind of Meh..
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • pewpewphazorspewpewphazors Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I liked the part in first contact where picard activated intel fleet, tactical fleet, attack pattern alpha and beta and ordered his pug-mates to use bfaw and torp hy3 on the flanking side of the cube near the beginning. Oh and he also stole a worf doff from the defiant before that. That was neat.

I cant believe sto caused me to think of trek battles this way nowadays.
  • mm06360mm06360 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It was the Wrath of Khan for the TNG films.
    edited November 2014
    mm06360 wrote: »
    It was the Wrath of Khan for the TNG films.
    ^This, Although Generations wasn't as much of a Snore as TMP was.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I remember going to see that movie the opening weekend. It was a blast to watch and had my heart pumping from the action. To me its one of the best TNG movies there was.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Not me, I kind of think it was the last good TNG film, the rest were kind of Meh..

I dunno I like Nemesis best. Gurney Halleck vs Bane. Epic. Nuff' said.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • tritan2409tritan2409 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    18 years ago? wow now i feel old :(
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Star Trek First Contact has been my Favorite of all the TNG films :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mm06360mm06360 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    ^This, Although Generations wasn't as much of a Snore as TMP was.

True, but I didn't like how they killed off kirk. If you are going to kill the HERO OF THE FEDERATION! The person who all the Orion girls in STO can trace their lineage back to, I would expect it to be something... bigger, more epic with meaning.

Other than that, it wasn't a bad movie.
    edited November 2014
    bernatk wrote: »
    I dunno I like Nemesis best. Gurney Halleck vs Bane. Epic. Nuff' said.
    There gets to be a point where a 74 year old in an action role is just not credible, everyone looked tired and old and should have hung up their spurs long before. Shinzon was a bad stereotype villain with a cabal of demonic Nosferatu ripoff followers in a story that just completely jumped the shark. It wasn't epic, it was tragic. If "First Contact" was the "Wrath of Khan" of the TNG films, "Nemesis" was undoubtedly the "Final Frontier" of the TNG era, pretty much closing the coffin and burying any chance of there ever being another film with the TNG cast. The only good that came of it was that along with the failure of "Enterprise" finally put an end to Rick Berman's blunders with the franchise.
    mm06360 wrote: »
    True, but I didn't like how they killed off kirk. If you are going to kill the HERO OF THE FEDERATION! The person who all the Orion girls in STO can trace their lineage back to, I would expect it to be something... bigger, more epic with meaning.

Other than that, it wasn't a bad movie.
    Maybe, but the film was supposed to be a passing of the Torch from the one generation to the next, it wasn't supposed to be a Captain Kirk and those other guys movie, this was a TNG movie, the TOS cast had already made their swan song in the Undiscovered Country. I had some problems with the movie, some of the plot was pretty slow and I could not for the life of me figure out how a character like Harriman got command of a starship let alone the Enterprise-B, but it was a holiday film and it was ok for the most part. Besides Kirk got to die heroically not once but twice in the same film.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • sicjebsicjeb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    beerxhyper wrote: »

18 years ago? :eek:

I saw it on release day with a group of guys from college. I got a poster that I carried home for miles and I remember being so paranoid it would crease :D
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I love First Contact because it was the last movie where a Studio model was used, I love the First Contact Sovereign the best because it looks real like the Refit Enterprise in the first 6 movies.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    asking one question; what does st first contact got to do with the game? it is in "'star trek online' general discussion" is it not?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited November 2014
    asking one question; what does st first contact got to do with the game? it is in "'star trek online' general discussion" is it not?
    Probably because : STAR TREK first contact have a bit in common with STAR TREK online. Some relation you know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Nothing, which is why the thread will be moved when the mods wake up
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited November 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    Probably because : STAR TREK first contact have a bit in common with STAR TREK online. Some relation you know.

which part, the part where the borg attempt to be a terrifying force like they were in fc that they are not in sto? or the part where canon makes sense and doesnt on sto?
    edited November 2014
    which part, the part where the borg attempt to be a terrifying force like they were in fc that they are not in sto? or the part where canon makes sense and doesnt on sto?
    That's not because you are angry you need to attack everyone on sight. We've done nothing to you. Just take a break.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    That's not because you are angry you need to attack everyone on sight. We've done nothing to you. Just take a break.

presumption to know and didnt answer the point.
    edited November 2014
    presumption to know and didnt answer the point.
    Because you have no point. You obviously came to troll this topic. With the usual "STO is not canon" rant.
    Been there, done that, thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited November 2014

I don't understand why people do this on the internet. It's like they're trying to head off others who disagree with them. Do you never go into a thread with a counter opinion than that of the OP? I'm surprised people still do this.